Ping Martin Richardson and all Expedition attendees.

ian196...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 7:23:38 AM5/3/20
Anyone still around?? Wow! Twenty years on and the traffic is certainly not what it once was.

Ok... this is a call out for Martin Richardson and everyone who attended URW expeditions in the 00s. I was at 10 of those meetings along with my camcorder and I inexpertly took footage of each one. It wasn't great footage but as far as I know, I was the only one doing so. So, it's all there is and all there will ever be. Now, I knocked out a few VHS tapes for interested parties back in the day. Martin sent back his tape for me to add some new ones and that was well over a decade ago. Possibly over 15 years ago. I always said that I would get around to doing it and, due to the excess of free time just lately, I have. At last. And not before time as the medium of those tapes is utterly obsolete and I had to go on ebay for a secondhand camcorder to play them back as my own camera was kaput.

The meets I filmed were: Expedition 1 - Snowdonia / 2- Lakes / 3 - Gower / 6 - Skye (including an epic and always memorable ascent of the Inn Pinn, thanks to Graham Seed) / 7 - Rhinogs / 8 - Dartmoor wild camp / 9 - Brecon Beacons / 11 - Edale / 13 - Bala / ?? - Patterdale (can't recall the number).

This is now all on MP4 and amounts to about 10GB in all. I can put on USB and mail it to whoever wants a copy.

I realise that this may not reach those interested parties but I hope it will. It is horrible how quickly time slips by. It is now almost 10 years since the 10th anniversary Snowdonia meet. I guess that for some of the group, their walking days are over or have been scaled back. And I fear that one or two may no longer be with us.

They were great times and I am glad we all made the effort and put some excellent memories into these fading memory banks.

Best wishes to all. Ian.

Judith

May 6, 2020, 3:31:12 AM5/6/20
There must be somebody still here! Maybe they're shy.

I was on at least two URW expeds. 9 - Brecon Beacons, I think, as I
remember being late. I also did Striding Edge (first and last time) on
a URW expedition.

I'd be interested in a copy of the videos, please.

Judith

Nick Maclaren

May 6, 2020, 3:49:39 AM5/6/20
In article <jgp4bf5vatt3jdnd3...@4ax.com>,
Judith <nospample...@aol.com> wrote:

>There must be somebody still here! Maybe they're shy.

I am still around, but always have been a solitary walker. I am not
sure if I will ever spend 6 nights out again, because I found it very
hard carrying a 23 Kg pack last time. The biggest problem wasn't the
weight, it was the lack of practice at walking over rough going, and
that is not something one can do around Cambridge.

So, if I survive until after lockdown, I shall be doing most of my
trips on my recumbent trike, where I can carry 30 Kg.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

ian196...@gmail.com

May 7, 2020, 7:14:59 AM5/7/20
Ok Judith, and two people have mailed me direct so far.

Ian.

ian196...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2020, 11:23:29 AM6/5/20
On Thursday, 7 May 2020 12:14:59 UTC+1, ian196...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ok Judith, and two people have mailed me direct so far.
>
> Ian.

Three sets have now been mailed. If anyone else comes by here and belatedly sees this, drop me a line if you want a copy.

Ian Ellis

Jan 30, 2022, 12:32:42 PM1/30/22
Bump. Still applies. But no weirdoes please. Thanks.