Re: Ballon Jumps in 1900!

chair.nas...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2017, 5:29:39 PM11/8/17
On Tuesday, August 10, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Robert Sharp wrote:
> I have just received this e-mail, for a guy doing research on his daredevil
> grandfather. I couldn't help him, but maybe some other uk.rec.skydiving
> skygods can...
>
> Blue Skies and Ballon Jumps,
>
> Rob
> A-100781
> --
> "Ane Muzambarara Wemboro!"
>
> Robert Sharp
> r...@parkhill.demon.co.uk
>
> ==================
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am writing to you in the slim chance you might be able to help me in my
> search to find a William Malpas. He wrote an article about my Grandfather "
> Professor Fleet " who used to do parachute jumps from a hot air balloon in
> the 1900`s.
>
> All the material used in the research for the article was borrowed from my
> Sister. They are the only records we have of his exploits and as such mean
> a great deal to our family. they have never been returned to us.
>
> I have been trying for many years now to trace this W.Malpas but with no
> luck, so far! On the off chance that you might have herd of him I`m writing
> to you. So if you have ever come across him in your magazines etc. I would
> be most grateful if you would let me know.
>

> Safe jumping and kind regards,
>

> John Fleet
> joh...@tranda73.freeserve.co.uk

On Tuesday, August 10, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Robert Sharp wrote:
> I have just received this e-mail, for a guy doing research on his daredevil
> grandfather. I couldn't help him, but maybe some other uk.rec.skydiving
> skygods can...
>
> Blue Skies and Ballon Jumps,
>
> Rob
> A-100781
> --
> "Ane Muzambarara Wemboro!"
>
> Robert Sharp
> r...@parkhill.demon.co.uk
>
> ==================
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am writing to you in the slim chance you might be able to help me in my
> search to find a William Malpas. He wrote an article about my Grandfather "
> Professor Fleet " who used to do parachute jumps from a hot air balloon in
> the 1900`s.
>
> All the material used in the research for the article was borrowed from my
> Sister. They are the only records we have of his exploits and as such mean
> a great deal to our family. they have never been returned to us.
>
> I have been trying for many years now to trace this W.Malpas but with no
> luck, so far! On the off chance that you might have herd of him I`m writing
> to you. So if you have ever come across him in your magazines etc. I would
> be most grateful if you would let me know.
>

> Safe jumping and kind regards,
>

> John Fleet
> joh...@tranda73.freeserve.co.uk

Hello John

I'm afraid I don't know who William Malpas is, but I can tell you that my grandmother, Florence Mary Hay (nee Lusby) used to jump with Professor Fleet in the late 19th/early 20th Century!

My grandmother and Professor Fleet were related - so that is likely to mean that we are related!

Please do get back to me and we can compare notes!

Kind regards

Pauline Beer (nee Mead)

janet....@btinternet.com

Jan 11, 2018, 7:32:34 AM1/11/18
Just seen old post from John Fleet re Professor Fleet balloonist. I am doing research on him. I remember Stan John Fleets father who was my Great uncle and I am daughter of Mabel and Sam'sson Peter.anyway you can get me in contact now?