Thomas Wild - Gunsmith.

Potshot Pete

Jun 17, 2013, 2:30:43 PM6/17/13

I've recently acquired a T Wild shotgun and would like to know its
history, but google seems not to be *my* friend.
I remember reading (on here?) that the Thomas Wild's records still exist
and that copies of original the invoices, specs, etc for his guns are
available from <waves hands> somewhere.

Would be grateful for a pointers (though I do favour springer spaniels)-
Ta.
Message has been deleted

Potshot Pete

Jun 18, 2013, 4:26:39 PM6/18/13
On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:02:21 +0000, New Profile wrote:
> Google must have it in for you in particular - first hit:
> http://www.rowlandwatson.co.uk/history/
>
> HTH

It does help - thanks!

Where have all the posters gone? Is there a web forum somewhere?
Message has been deleted

Potshot Pete

Jul 13, 2013, 4:17:27 PM7/13/13
On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:27:16 +0000, New Profile wrote:
> NP

I've been on me hols:O) I'm going to chase this up over the next week -
I'll report back with the outcome.

>> Where have all the posters gone? Is there a web forum somewhere?
>
> The posts just seemed to peter out, but it never was a high volume
> group. As for where the posters have gone: No idea! If you find out let
> me know. I'll keep the group in my subscribed list, so shout out on
> here.

There used to be some old-hands here who knew lots about game shooting.
If I find somewhere as good as this group was, I'll give you a shout.

prob...@hotmail.com

May 28, 2015, 7:04:56 AM5/28/15
I have a Thomas Wild magazine, with descriptions of various guns, possibly
produced in the 1930s and in excellent condition

Potshot Pete

Jun 14, 2015, 1:15:01 PM6/14/15
If you're interested in selling the magazine, I would be interested in
buying it.