Shed or Shack.... that crossover point....

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

Dec 20, 2021, 8:33:30 AM12/20/21
Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I think it looks rather spiffing and am most pleased by the way it turned out. I suppose for the purists it's more of a BBQ shack, but seeing as I've not done owt like it before I be mostly happy. Every step was checked and signed off by one of the two supervising cats. It features léc trickery, wiffy, wasser, fold out workbench, lots of storage and more hooks than a tackle shop. Start to finish can be found in a dropbox foldery thing below.

Eye Thang Ewe.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99ziic8wzg313po/AAA1V3THR0IgBVu4Ji1lNbkra?dl=0

Nick Odell

Dec 20, 2021, 11:04:20 AM12/20/21
<impressed>

(Looks to right of new shed) Are you sure you've not done anything
like that before? Or were those other structures knocked up some time
back without your assistance by the cats?

Nick

Tone

Dec 20, 2021, 11:23:47 AM12/20/21
Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
in here.

My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?

When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
you need help drinking it?

Tone

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

Dec 20, 2021, 11:29:26 AM12/20/21
The garden came pre-shedded for us many moons ago, there's probably more creosote on the other two sheds than you can shake a crusty old stirring stick at.

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

Dec 20, 2021, 11:42:49 AM12/20/21
We've done that a few times now, assorted meats have been slow smoked and grilled to perfection.
The bottle is some decent calvados picked up from a farm close to a friends house in Le Frenchland nr St Lo.
Was planning to top that up with a little raiding trip over new year in the Bongo Bus, but it appears they've taken up the drawbridge.

Peter

Dec 20, 2021, 12:19:59 PM12/20/21
Nick Odell <ni...@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 05:33:29 -0800 (PST), "Brownz (via Gurgle
> Gruppez)" <browni...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>Back in the summer I molished a garden storage device from scratch, I
>
> <impressed>

Likewise. I particulately like the way the front door can convert into an
awning. How does the whole thing stand up to gales (not Gail's)?

--
Peter
-----

Sam Plusnet

Dec 20, 2021, 3:44:24 PM12/20/21
An impressive erection you've got there. Do the neighbours eye it with
envy?

--
Sam Plusnet

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 20, 2021, 5:33:57 PM12/20/21
In article <a724893f-e2e0-4932...@googlegroups.com>,
Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez) <browni...@googlemail.com> on Mon, 20
Dec 2021 at 08:42:48 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
They knew you were coming, maybe?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 20, 2021, 5:33:57 PM12/20/21
In article <spqami$tr1$1...@dont-email.me>, Tone <em...@address.com> on
Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 16:23:46 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has put
the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will not
throw out.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 21, 2021, 4:16:50 AM12/21/21
Yes my old shed was held up not by its cedarwood, but by the various coats
of nice looking gunge one paints on the stuff to stop it drying out and
cracking.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)" <browni...@googlemail.com> wrote in
message news:d9108031-e487-4705...@googlegroups.com...

Peter

Dec 21, 2021, 5:07:06 AM12/21/21
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nich...@salmiron.com> wrote in

> It looks like he has the same problem I have a non-virtual shed, SWMBO
> fills the space available so that I cannot get at that bottle of nails
> that I know is somewhere up against the back wall. That, or she has
> put the bottle at the bottom of a bag of useless rubbish that she will
> not throw out.

Hang on, we seem to have the same SWMBO.

--
Peter
-----

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

Dec 21, 2021, 7:35:30 AM12/21/21
There's a lot of em out there !

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

Dec 21, 2021, 7:41:40 AM12/21/21
That is ackshirley a WW2 russian army poncho. It was used for ages as a cover for a barrel smoker as you can tell by the suntan.
Very very strong bit of canvas, secured with M8 bolts at the rear and closed by tent things that look like hair bands. It's there to keep the sun off on hot days, and provide a little shelter during showers. It's only propped up with Mr Guy Ropes, and tarp poles. It's withstood gusty gusts, but tis only designed to be used whilst cooking.

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

Dec 21, 2021, 7:43:16 AM12/21/21
I would imagine normally that would be true, but I'm sure it's down to this wee cough that's doing the rounds.

Nick Odell

Dec 21, 2021, 8:00:16 AM12/21/21
Ahem - ITYM "bag of things for which a use has not yet been discovered
but may cumin handi one day."

Nick

Thomas Prufer

Dec 21, 2021, 9:01:11 AM12/21/21
On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:23:46 +0000, Tone <em...@address.com> wrote:

>Are you sure you are in the right group? We rarely actually do anything
>in here.
>
>My only comment is, it's fart 2 tidy. Where are the empty cement sacks?
>
>When is ye shedd-warming party? And wot's in the bockle on the shelf? Do
>you need help drinking it?

I miss the large flat plastic bin for charcoal.

No, really: got one a while ago, and it's great. No more large lumps-then-fine
bits. Spread out flat, rather than layered inna bag, I can pick up the mix of
coarse and fine I want. Put in a bit of cardboard and keep briquettes and lump
in it, without mixing. And should I forget to take it in an rain or dew gets to
it, it won't turn into a sodden mass of paper around damp carbon...

Oh, and a good one: dedicated grill storage. Excellent.

Thomas Prufer

Sam Plusnet

Dec 21, 2021, 2:02:14 PM12/21/21
They all sing from the same him-book.

--
Sam Plusnet

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dec 21, 2021, 3:30:02 PM12/21/21
I goove they all went to the same finish him school.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 23, 2021, 2:06:36 PM12/23/21
In article <XnsAE0766EB2B...@144.76.35.252>, Peter
<mys...@prune.org.uk> on Tue, 21 Dec 2021 at 10:07:04 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
Is she 4' 9", maybe less now?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

Don Stockbauer

Dec 23, 2021, 3:35:08 PM12/23/21
I saw this cartoon about finishing school , the set up was there's a young lady standing at the door to her apartment , there's some people out in the hall and she's cupping her right breast with her hand and pointing to it with her left hand and her parents are back within the apartment saying "and for this we sent her to finishing school?"