oldies

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 17, 2021, 6:46:29 PM12/17/21

... anyone listened to JJ Cale lately ?

< it might remind you of Clapton > :-)

John T.

Mike Fleming

Dec 17, 2021, 7:32:36 PM12/17/21
On 17/12/2021 23:48, hub...@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

> ... anyone listened to JJ Cale lately ?
>
> < it might remind you of Clapton > :-)

What, it sounds like an elderly racist anti-vaxxer who sues somebody for
flogging an old bootleg CD for a tenner?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/dec/17/eric-clapton-wins-legal-case-against-woman-selling-bootleg-live-cd-for-845

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 17, 2021, 8:28:17 PM12/17/21
On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 00:32:34 +0000, Mike Fleming <mi...@tauzero.co.uk>
wrote:
Yeah .. but besides that ..
John T.

Tone

Dec 17, 2021, 9:29:05 PM12/17/21
Hayseed Dixie opinion of Clapton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvQShd3AMx8

Tone

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 18, 2021, 3:16:14 AM12/18/21
How much? Bloomin heck no wonder he was annoyed.
There is that wolfgang web site with anyone you could care to get live on
it for a moderate sub as far as I know.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
<hub...@ccanoemail.ca> wrote in message

Tease'n'Seize

Dec 18, 2021, 4:45:26 AM12/18/21
Mike Fleming wrote:

> hub...@ccanoemail.ca wrote:
>
>> < it might remind you of Clapton >   :-)
>
> What, it sounds like an elderly racist anti-vaxxer who sues somebody for
> flogging

not even flogging, just offering to flog

Don Stockbauer

Dec 18, 2021, 4:46:48 AM12/18/21
I like anyone for tennis and tales of brave Ulysses.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 19, 2021, 6:16:51 AM12/19/21
What constitutes an oldie, recording wise I wonder?
Maybe its me getting old, but apparently Selene' Diones The Hot Dogs go on
, erm sorry The heart does go on, is now an oldie.

Its 1998, quite what that makes tracks like Telstar by the Tornados is
anyone's guess, and yet re issues of old Beatle stuff remixed into surround
sound etc, sells by the bucket load.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
<hub...@ccanoemail.ca> wrote in message

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 19, 2021, 6:20:14 AM12/19/21
Probably the principal not the actual sum. It could easily be one of many
home burned copies. I have many concerts on CD recorded from the BBC and all
sorts, but that was when BBC had properly engineered recordings that had
dynamic range and did not sound like a cheap cassette machine with a gain
riding level control on it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tease'n'Seize" <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote in message

nev young

Dec 20, 2021, 6:14:07 AM12/20/21
I would hope she can now sue the store who sold it to her late husband
for (at least) twice the sum she is required to pay as they are (IMHO)
clearly the culprits.

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse

John Williamson

Dec 20, 2021, 6:35:02 AM12/20/21
On 20/12/2021 11:14, nev young wrote:
> On 18/12/2021 09:44, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>> Mike Fleming wrote:

>>> What, it sounds like an elderly racist anti-vaxxer who sues somebody
>>> for flogging
>>
>> not even flogging, just offering to flog
>>
>>> an old bootleg CD for a tenner?
>>

> I would hope she can now sue the store who sold it to her late husband
> for (at least) twice the sum she is required to pay as they are (IMHO)
> clearly the culprits.

Just a thought, if her husband bought it rather than recorded it
himself, will Clapton now chase the original bootlegger?

I had permission to record all my "bootlegs" though releasing them could
be tricky...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dec 20, 2021, 7:30:02 AM12/20/21
On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 18:48:15 -0500
hub...@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

> ... anyone listened to JJ Cale lately ?

Not for years - an old fiend of mine played one of his regularly at
breakfast in the days we both had rooms in the same big (very big) shared
house in Chaucer Road.

> < it might remind you of Clapton > :-)

Yes that one.

--