Now that's *really* out of order.

RustyHinge

Dec 31, 2021, 12:45:26 AM12/31/21
You don't expect it, but...

One of my recent carers has shut his shed door. One of the very Best TAAAW.

I am going to try to attend his fooneral.

--
Rusty Hinge

Peter

Dec 31, 2021, 6:26:23 AM12/31/21
RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in

> You don't expect it, but...
>
> One of my recent carers has shut his shed door. One of the very Best
> TAAAW.
>
> I am going to try to attend his fooneral.

Sorry to hear that, Rusty. If you can't get to the farewell party then a
short note to the next of kin expressing your appreciation would, I'm
sure, be very welcome.

--
Peter
-----

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 31, 2021, 7:31:18 AM12/31/21
How old though?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"RustyHinge" <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in message
> [...]

RustyHinge

Dec 31, 2021, 8:15:14 AM12/31/21
On 31/12/2021 12:31, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> How old though?
> Brian

Much younger than I am.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 31, 2021, 8:43:38 AM12/31/21
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:26:21 -0000 (UTC), Peter <mys...@prune.org.uk>
wrote:
Also - the funeral homes in my territory usually have an
online obit that includes a tribute web page - where everyone
can read the condolences and tributes and sometimes even
share a photo or personal story about the dearly departed.
John T.

Nick Odell

Dec 31, 2021, 11:41:32 AM12/31/21
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:15:12 +0000, RustyHinge
<rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

>On 31/12/2021 12:31, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>> How old though?
>> Brian
>>
>Much younger than I am.

Under the circumstances that's almost a given though my late m-i-l was
still going down to her church to help out with the lunches "for the
old folk" when she herself was in her nineties.

Nick

Chris Elvidge

Dec 31, 2021, 1:01:13 PM12/31/21
My late mother gave up doing lunches-on-wheels for the WI after she
realised most clients/customers were younger than she was.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Peter

Dec 31, 2021, 4:19:03 PM12/31/21
Chris Elvidge <ch...@mshome.net> wrote in news:sqngh8$ssl$1@dont-
email.me:

> My late mother gave up doing lunches-on-wheels for the WI after she
> realised most clients/customers were younger than she was.

Someone on my local neighbourhood group recently asked for recomendations
for a gardener. I happened to know of one and offered contact details.
The enquirer asked how old the gardener was. I had no idea but asked why.
"Because I would be embarrassed with a gardener who was older than me".

--
Peter
-----

RustyHinge

Dec 31, 2021, 5:12:42 PM12/31/21
I only stopped when the school kitchen stopped providing the meals, but
circumstances were similar.

Nicholas D. Richards

Jan 1, 2022, 2:27:11 AM1/1/22
In article <sqm5dj$337$1...@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.
girolle.co.uk> on Fri, 31 Dec 2021 at 05:45:22 awoke Nicholas from his
slumbers and wrote
>You don't expect it, but...
>
>One of my recent carers has shut his shed door. One of the very Best TAAAW.
>
>I am going to try to attend his fooneral.

If you will excuse .....

Maybe you should rename yourself as Creaking Gate or would that put off
potential carers.

Condolences to the dear departed and best wishes etc. to yourself for
2022.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

RustyHinge

Jan 1, 2022, 4:42:29 AM1/1/22
Many thanks for the wishes. I suppose I could combine two wotsits and
create a Mr. Sticky Wicket?

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 2, 2022, 8:40:02 AM1/2/22
My Mum was happy to go into an old folks home, as she always got on well with old people.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Jan 2, 2022, 8:47:05 AM1/2/22
On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 09:42:27 +0000
RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

> On 01/01/2022 07:22, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> > In article <sqm5dj$337$1...@dont-email.me>, RustyHinge <rusty.hinge@foobar.
> > girolle.co.uk> on Fri, 31 Dec 2021 at 05:45:22 awoke Nicholas from his
> > slumbers and wrote
> >> You don't expect it, but...
> >>
> >> One of my recent carers has shut his shed door. One of the very Best TAAAW.
> >>
> >> I am going to try to attend his fooneral.
> >>
> > If you will excuse .....
> >
> > Maybe you should rename yourself as Creaking Gate or would that put off
> > potential carers.
> >
> > Condolences to the dear departed and best wishes etc. to yourself for
> > 2022.
>
> Many thanks for the wishes. I suppose I could combine two wotsits and
> create a Mr. Sticky Wicket?

Sounds like that would be an Unfortunate Event.