Best Christmas Song Ever

Nick Odell

Dec 21, 2021, 8:02:51 AM12/21/21
Today is the 21st December and in Australia it is known as National
Gravy Day all because of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOWtK6HYCSE

Nick

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 21, 2021, 8:34:38 AM12/21/21
Thanks for that ... 'cept now I got something in my eye.
John T.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 22, 2021, 2:19:49 AM12/22/21
You mean Grandma got run over by a reindeer is not the national tune then?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nick Odell" <ni...@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote in message

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 22, 2021, 2:20:45 AM12/22/21
Its the longest day down under of course.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
<hub...@ccanoemail.ca> wrote in message

ChrisND @UKRM

Dec 22, 2021, 1:42:04 PM12/22/21
On 22/12/2021 07:19, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> You mean Grandma got run over by a reindeer is not the national tune then?
> Brian

No, its "Christmas in Australia" by Roaring Jelly?

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Sam Plusnet

Dec 22, 2021, 2:50:38 PM12/22/21
On 22-Dec-21 7:20, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

> Its the longest day down under of course.

Stealing our daylight!
Abstrads!

--
Sam Plusnet

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dec 22, 2021, 3:30:02 PM12/22/21
On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:50:35 +0000
Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:

> On 22-Dec-21 7:20, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>
> > Its the longest day down under of course.
>
> Stealing our daylight!
> Abstrads!

There's nothing for it, we'll all have to go up to the North Pole
and give it a good yank (not Yank), and tip the planet over a bit.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Peter

Dec 22, 2021, 4:23:49 PM12/22/21
Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> wrote in

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:50:35 +0000
> Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 22-Dec-21 7:20, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>>
>> > Its the longest day down under of course.
>>
>> Stealing our daylight!
>> Abstrads!
>
> There's nothing for it, we'll all have to go up to the North Pole
> and give it a good yank (not Yank), and tip the planet over a bit.

I'll bring a bit of rope for us to yank on.

--
Peter
-----

Tone

Dec 22, 2021, 7:27:33 PM12/22/21
If we anchor one end of the rope and secure t'other end through a hole
in the pole, wooden it yank itself over as the earth turns and the rope
winds round the pole?

Tone

Sn!pe

Dec 22, 2021, 7:55:18 PM12/22/21
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it,
and I shall move the world. --Archie Meads

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Peter

Dec 23, 2021, 5:33:43 AM12/23/21
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote in
Rays!

--
Peter
-----

Nick Odell

Dec 23, 2021, 6:58:01 AM12/23/21
What troubles me is that with all of you yanking and levering away
like ovyyl-b you'll have the ohttre flipped over on its back or
worserer might even break it.

Nick

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dec 23, 2021, 7:30:02 AM12/23/21
Mead ? Yes excellent idea, it's a tad chilly up there by all
accounts, but let's use glasses not horns eh ?

Richard Robinson

Dec 23, 2021, 7:52:31 AM12/23/21
Ahem A Rivet's Shot said:
> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>> Tone <em...@address.com> wrote:

>> > If we anchor one end of the rope and secure t'other end through a hole
>> > in the pole, wooden it yank itself over as the earth turns and the rope
>> > winds round the pole?
>> >

>> Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it,
>> and I shall move the world. --Archie Meads
>
> Mead ? Yes excellent idea, it's a tad chilly up there by all
> accounts, but let's use glasses not horns eh ?

"Bring me the mead of Alfredo Garcia".

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dec 23, 2021, 8:30:02 AM12/23/21
Good point, better lay out a big crash mat for it just in case.

ChrisND @UKRM

Dec 23, 2021, 9:41:20 AM12/23/21
On 22/12/2021 18:42, ChrisND @UKRM wrote:
> On 22/12/2021 07:19, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>> You mean Grandma got run over by a reindeer is not the national tune
>> then?
>>   Brian
>>
> No, its "Christmas in Australia" by Roaring Jelly?

English band in Oz...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxq8KKEzXVU

Tone

Dec 23, 2021, 10:04:06 AM12/23/21
On 23/12/2021 14:41, ChrisND @UKRM wrote:
> On 22/12/2021 18:42, ChrisND @UKRM wrote:
>> On 22/12/2021 07:19, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>>> You mean Grandma got run over by a reindeer is not the national tune
>>> then?
>>>   Brian
>>>
>> No, its "Christmas in Australia" by Roaring Jelly?
>>
> English band in Oz...
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxq8KKEzXVU

That led to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMGpyAklGs

Tone

ChrisND @UKRM

Dec 23, 2021, 10:27:54 AM12/23/21
Ah yes - I remember!
Roaring jelly were regulars at a folk club I helped found and run from
the 1970s at Carlton in Nottingham.

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 23, 2021, 2:06:36 PM12/23/21
In article <20211222200627.b4eb...@eircom.net>, Ahem A
Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> on Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 20:06:27 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>good yank (not Yank)

Not Trumff surely.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

Sam Plusnet

Dec 23, 2021, 4:16:47 PM12/23/21
On 22-Dec-21 20:06, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:50:35 +0000
> Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 22-Dec-21 7:20, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
>>
>>> Its the longest day down under of course.
>>
>> Stealing our daylight!
>> Abstrads!
>
> There's nothing for it, we'll all have to go up to the North Pole
> and give it a good yank (not Yank), and tip the planet over a bit.

Yep. Let's form an orderly precession.

(It's important to leave a suitable tip.)

--
Sam Plusnet

RustyHinge

Dec 24, 2021, 3:05:16 AM12/24/21
On 23/12/2021 19:00, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <20211222200627.b4eb...@eircom.net>, Ahem A
> Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> on Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 20:06:27 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>> good yank (not Yank)
>
> Not Trumff surely.

He said 'good Yank'.

--
Rusty Hinge

Don Stockbauer

Dec 24, 2021, 12:01:01 PM12/24/21
Why did Trump beat all of his contenders for POTUS???

Because he trumped them.

Mike Fleming

Dec 24, 2021, 3:35:27 PM12/24/21
On 24/12/2021 17:01, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 2:05:16 AM UTC-6, RustyHinge wrote:
>> On 23/12/2021 19:00, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>> In article <20211222200627.b4eb...@eircom.net>, Ahem A
>>> Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> on Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 20:06:27 awoke
>>> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>>
>>> Not Trumff surely.
>> He said 'good Yank'.
>>
> Why did Trump beat all of his contenders for POTUS???
>
> Because he trumped them.

I think that might need a little work.

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 24, 2021, 6:32:12 PM12/24/21
In article <j2mp8d...@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
<mi...@tauzero.co.uk> on Fri, 24 Dec 2021 at 20:35:25 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>On 24/12/2021 17:01, Don Stockbauer wrote:

>>> He said 'good Yank'.
>>>
>> Why did Trump beat all of his contenders for POTUS???
>>
>> Because he trumped them.
>
>I think that might need a little work.

Because he is the knave of trumps, maybe?

grey...@smaus2.org

Dec 25, 2021, 4:45:44 AM12/25/21
On 2021-12-23, Richard Robinson <rich...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot said:
>> snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

>>> Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it,
>>> and I shall move the world. --Archie Meads
>>
>> Mead ? Yes excellent idea, it's a tad chilly up there by all
>> accounts, but let's use glasses not horns eh ?
>
> "Bring me the mead of Alfredo Garcia".

Best film ever!

grey...@smaus2.org

Dec 25, 2021, 4:46:59 AM12/25/21
On 2021-12-24, RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:
> On 23/12/2021 19:00, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>> In article <20211222200627.b4eb...@eircom.net>, Ahem A
>> Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> on Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 20:06:27 awoke
>> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>> good yank (not Yank)