fillums

Austin Shackles

Jun 28, 2002, 3:54:02 PM6/28/02
that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are fryyvat
pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.

anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?

There are one called "Red Planet", wot I've never seen.

we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"The breezy call of incense-breathing Morn, The swallow twittering

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jun 29, 2002, 12:14:47 AM6/29/02
In article <6o7ohuk1apkop07f3...@4ax.com>,

Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are fryyvat
>pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.
>
>anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?

Definitely, I reckon. If you don't like it, I'll ohl it off you at that
cevpr.

>There are one called "Red Planet", wot I've never seen.

That's pretty penc, though. I mean, it's sort-of OK, in a penc
sci-fi-y sort of way.

--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |

Suzi

Jun 29, 2002, 3:50:35 AM6/29/02
In article <6o7ohuk1apkop07f3...@4ax.com> in uk.rec.sheds,
Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> wibbled...

> that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are fryyvat
> pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.
>
> anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?
>
> There are one called "Red Planet", wot I've never seen.
>
> we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"

Have you tried the HMV website? They've got a mega-sale on at the moment
(ie. new videos and DVDs really cheap). T'other place worth trying is
play.com - you might get more choice for around the same price from
those two sites.

Suzi

Richard Parker

Jun 29, 2002, 7:50:34 AM6/29/02
On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:50:35 +0100, su...@lspace.org (Suzi)'s owl flew
in through the window and dropped a message on which was scribed:

Or Cheap or What at www.cow.co.uk

--
Richard Parker, Expressive Limited

It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or
majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change
because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
- Giordano Bruno, 1548 (burned at the stake, 1600)

Austin Shackles

Jun 29, 2002, 2:28:19 PM6/29/02
On or around 29 Jun 2002 05:14:47 +0100, ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS.
Williams) enlightened us thusly:

>In article <6o7ohuk1apkop07f3...@4ax.com>,
>Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>>that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are fryyvat
>>pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.
>>
>>anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?
>
>Definitely, I reckon. If you don't like it, I'll ohl it off you at that
>cevpr.
>

>>There are one called "Red Planet", wot I've never seen.
>
>That's pretty penc, though. I mean, it's sort-of OK, in a penc
>sci-fi-y sort of way.

I guvax CTHD, SPR and C&D have now been ordured.

vu...@vulch.org

Jun 28, 2002, 6:39:22 PM6/28/02
Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are fryyvat
> pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.
>
> anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?

I have a copy wot cost me more than that and think it was worth it. If
you used to like The Water Marging you'll like CTHD...

Anthony

Mel Rimmer

Jun 29, 2002, 5:11:53 PM6/29/02
In article <6o7ohuk1apkop07f3...@4ax.com>, Austin Shackles
<aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> writes

>that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are fryyvat
>pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.
>
>anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?

I wouldn't pay 4 quid for it meself, but lots of people liked it very
much.

>There are one called "Red Planet", wot I've never seen.

Don't! It's truly dire.

>we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"

I'm with you on both of those. Only trouble with "Cats and Dogs" is that
I was rooting for the cats.
--
Mel Rimmer

Lydia Dustbin

Jun 30, 2002, 4:42:09 AM6/30/02

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message

> Hunt yerself out a copy of "Drunken Master" or "The Legend of Fong Sai
> Yuk" (though that's a bit of a comedy) for more.

Blimey... The Drunken Master, or The Housemaid's Downfall...

James? James be a sweetie-pie and resend me your emu addy as them all got
lost in the wash again and I wish to whine to you.

Ditto Mr Jones as I have three pop-pop shots suitable for wibble-moot page
and say bye-bye to Mrs and Miss Cojones for me as you slunk of while I was
at Karate demo.

W.

coj

Jun 30, 2002, 4:48:59 AM6/30/02

"Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Sorry W. we went round the house and gardins at least 3 times looking for
people to say goodbye to, I fimk miss coj was hiding TAAW as she didn't want
to come home. It was only when we'd set off to J's howse that we realised we
hadn't seen you.

My hotmail addy jbexes

the 3 cojes

Lydia Dustbin

Jun 30, 2002, 7:23:23 AM6/30/02

"coj" <c_o_jones_99...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Ditto Mr Jones as I have three pop-pop shots suitable for wibble-moot
page
> > and say bye-bye to Mrs and Miss Cojones for me as you slunk of while I
was
> > at Karate demo.
>
> Sorry W.

s'okay.
The Karate demo was a hoot as Kay dragged me there for a 2:00 start, then,
after bagging two front-row seats, finding out the 'demos' began at 2:00
and the first one was a local kid-winkies prancing class - where every
little mascarad and lipsticked strutter and mincer was given their moment of
glory.
I became more and more amused; Kay became more and more morose; I saw it as
a necessary evil ; she saw it as plain evil.

Then came the Karate group from long strips of wind in teens to grimly
determined little things that just about reached my knee-cap, it seemed.
Master barked out a series of orders and the group proceeded to knock spots
off the dancing troup when it came to moving as a team. Knocked spots off
each other, as well.

'You do THAT? !' I asked as feet almost kicked off heads and fists punched
and mangled and bodies flew over shoulders to grovel on mats
'Yes, why?'
'Err. nothing... Phew!!!'
Run away!!!

w.

Ron Clark

Jun 30, 2002, 9:06:12 AM6/30/02
On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:23:23 GMT, in the message
<LSBT8.13329$gK6.99...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Lydia Dustbin"
<cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote this, or at least some of
this :-

>Then came the Karate group from long strips of wind in teens to grimly
>determined little things that just about reached my knee-cap, it seemed.
>Master barked out a series of orders and the group proceeded to knock spots
>off the dancing troup when it came to moving as a team. Knocked spots off
>each other, as well.
>
>'You do THAT? !' I asked as feet almost kicked off heads and fists punched
>and mangled and bodies flew over shoulders to grovel on mats
>'Yes, why?'
>'Err. nothing... Phew!!!'
>Run away!!!

But, the Wump could have taken them, couldn't she?

--
®óñ© © ²°°²

SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome

Jun 30, 2002, 10:52:25 AM6/30/02

> Sorry

I was spozed to find out whwre in NLondon CostCo is wasn't I? Can't find
the booklet. they got a wibble, odds on it's www.costco.co.uk, or .com

I wonder what else I promised to do?

Lydia Dustbin

Jun 30, 2002, 3:14:52 PM6/30/02

"Ron Clark" <ro...@spamburg.co.uk> wrote in message > >

> >'You do THAT? !' I asked as feet almost kicked off heads and fists
punched
> >and mangled and bodies flew over shoulders to grovel on mats
> >'Yes, why?'
> >'Err. nothing... Phew!!!'
> >Run away!!!
>
> But, the Wump could have taken them, couldn't she?

No.

w.

Guy King

Jun 30, 2002, 2:56:53 PM6/30/02
"SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome" <daveD...@man.ac.uk> sniffed the
heady air of the shed and in
<afnje4$fsm1f$3...@ID-54349.news.dfncis.de>said....
.

> I was spozed to find out whwre in NLondon CostCo is wasn't I? Can't find
> the booklet. they got a wibble, odds on it's www.costco.co.uk, or .com

There's one in Watford, near the M1 somewhere. Possibly Bushey.

--
Skipweasel...
Seize the moment. Remember all those on the 'Titanic' who waved

coj

Jun 30, 2002, 5:36:07 PM6/30/02

"SomeBlokeCalledRapunzelSyndrome" <daveD...@man.ac.uk> wrote in message

Oh yeah, ta, there are a few within 50 miles of here but that's not near
enough. I also promised to look at Waitrose, but Leicestershire and the Wet
Mudlands are about as far North as they get.

Richard Eney

Jun 30, 2002, 5:48:06 PM6/30/02
In article <b98shus05a8eo6a9j...@4ax.com>,

>>>Tisn't. It's a jolly good fillum, and serpently beautiful, but it's no
>>>more than a decent wires'n'chopsocky movie that made it big in the
>>>West. They've been making these films in Japan and China for about
>>>fifty years now.

Rilly? I heard that CTHD were a flop in China 'cos the chopsocky fans
din't like the fantasy and the happy-end peeps din't like the filosoffy.
That implies that it were a tad different from their usual stuff.

>Hunt yerself out a copy of "Drunken Master" or "The Legend of Fong Sai
>Yuk" (though that's a bit of a comedy) for more.

Where would one begin to hunt such?

=Tamar

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jun 30, 2002, 7:42:01 PM6/30/02
On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 08:42:09 GMT, "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really
wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Hunt yerself out a copy of "Drunken Master" or "The Legend of Fong Sai
>> Yuk" (though that's a bit of a comedy) for more.
>
>Blimey... The Drunken Master, or The Housemaid's Downfall...

This maid, she wears trousers?

>James? James be a sweetie-pie and resend me your emu addy as them all got
>lost in the wash again and I wish to whine to you.

Who is this James person of wot you speke, eh? I've tolled you about
that before... I'll flick your fangs, see if I don't. Anyhoo, the
address what you see above is both necessary and effective.

And nobody told _me_ that you hadn't gone home on Monday as planned, I
got a small pile of comics out special (inc. Watchmen) and then didn't
make it over again on Sunday, so I put them away again. Tch.

"You hear someone break into your home. You pull out your chainsaw
and crank it up. It makes its very distincive chainsaw noise; he
hears it. What criminal is going to stay in a house with someone
that crazy?" -- Home defence by Franklin Hummel r.a.sf.w

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jun 30, 2002, 7:44:43 PM6/30/02
On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:48:59 +0100, "coj"
<c_o_jones_99...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry W. we went round the house and gardins at least 3 times looking for
>people to say goodbye to, I fimk miss coj was hiding TAAW as she didn't want
>to come home. It was only when we'd set off to J's howse that we realised we
>hadn't seen you.

Ah, speaking of - rare piccy of Little Miss Coj in her natural
environment:

http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, even if you are soggy
and hard to light.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jun 30, 2002, 8:07:45 PM6/30/02
On 30 Jun 2002 21:48:06 GMT, dic...@radix.net (Richard Eney) wrote:

>Rilly? I heard that CTHD were a flop in China 'cos the chopsocky fans
>din't like the fantasy and the happy-end peeps din't like the filosoffy.
>That implies that it were a tad different from their usual stuff.

Swhy I said "made it big in the west", innit.

Though actually I have no idea how well it did in China ectetera...
I'd be mildly surprised if it had flopped, though the wire-stunts
weren't up to much. The poignancy of the last quarter is very
HongKongie, they seem to go for that sort of thing.

>>Hunt yerself out a copy of "Drunken Master" or "The Legend of Fong Sai
>>Yuk" (though that's a bit of a comedy) for more.
>
>Where would one begin to hunt such?

Here to find reviews:
http://origins.colorado.edu/~kachun/hkdenver.shtml
Here to ohl: http://store.fivestarlaser.com/

Apatheism: The school of belief where one doesn't particularly
care if there is/are god(s).

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 1, 2002, 2:11:02 AM7/1/02

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message

> Who is this James person of wot you speke, eh? I've tolled you about
> that before... I'll flick your fangs, see if I don't.

Grin.

> And nobody told _me_ that you hadn't gone home on Monday as planned, I
> got a small pile of comics out special (inc. Watchmen) and then didn't
> make it over again on Sunday, so I put them away again. Tch.

That was one of the things I wanted to whine about. Three Jamesless days,
already?
Ah, but 'who' brp-brpped the back door, thrust discs into Malc's hands and
fled?

<grumble> and, come to that, who couldn't get em to load so put the wretched
thing on my computer and had themselves surgically attached to my keyboard?

<grump> and now who, no prizes for guessing, can't get her little character
(Elvish Druid with a touchy disposition and a big wolf) to do anything but
walk in circles or try to crawl up walls?

coj

Jul 1, 2002, 2:08:00 AM7/1/02

> On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:48:59 +0100, "coj"
> <c_o_jones_99...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Sorry W. we went round the house and gardins at least 3 times looking for
> >people to say goodbye to, I fimk miss coj was hiding TAAW as she didn't
want
> >to come home. It was only when we'd set off to J's howse that we realised
we
> >hadn't seen you.
>
> Ah, speaking of - rare piccy of Little Miss Coj in her natural
> environment:
>
> http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg

H! Good pic, but she still isn't getting one for Chrimbo !

BTW, IRTA \rap\toilet.jpg

Nick Leverton

Jul 1, 2002, 5:29:12 AM7/1/02
In article <nv5vhusaqkc67gm5b...@4ax.com>,
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

>http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg

Is there a special reason why you often hfrs Mictosoft slashes instead
of real ones, ArJaimie ? It eans I have to cut and paste and edit the
URL manually.

Nick

Guy King

Jul 1, 2002, 4:27:02 AM7/1/02
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> sniffed the heady air of
the shed and in <nv5vhusaqkc67gm5b...@4ax.com>said....
.
> http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg

She also appears in the corner of www.users.zetnet.co.uk/gking/mayhem.jpg

Linz

Jul 1, 2002, 7:47:58 AM7/1/02

"Guy King" <guy....@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> sniffed the heady
> air of the shed and in
<nv5vhusaqkc67gm5b...@4ax.com>said....
> .
> > http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg
>
> She also appears in the corner of www.users.zetnet.co.uk/gking/mayhem.jpg

Who was that young man who took so easily to ferrying Inky about?

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 1, 2002, 7:54:02 AM7/1/02

Ooh, soz. Slap wrist, J. Finger habits from traversing DOS directory
structures (which is odd, cos I traverse unix ones far more often). I
shall try and use my right ring-finger from now on.

What browser are you using that doesn't autoconvert, then? More a
hindrance than a feature, I'd say "Be strict in what you serve, and
lenient in what you accept" and all that.

'The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human
mind to correlate all its contents' - H.P.Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 1, 2002, 7:59:47 AM7/1/02
On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 06:11:02 GMT, "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really
wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message
>>

>> And nobody told _me_ that you hadn't gone home on Monday as planned, I
>> got a small pile of comics out special (inc. Watchmen) and then didn't
>> make it over again on Sunday, so I put them away again. Tch.
>>
>That was one of the things I wanted to whine about. Three Jamesless days,
>already?
>Ah, but 'who' brp-brpped the back door, thrust discs into Malc's hands and
>fled?

I was in the middle of making dinner - 25 minutes simmer, just enough
time to stop Malc from ringing up and whingeing about lack thereof
incessantly. Whoosh/drop/whoosh/stir.

><grumble> and, come to that, who couldn't get em to load so put the wretched
>thing on my computer and had themselves surgically attached to my keyboard?

Can't blame me for that - get Amynthas to ohl a arj CDrom for Malcolm,
his is somewhat ropy. You could have installed it to his PC across the
wetnurk from your arj CD drive, anyway.

><grump> and now who, no prizes for guessing, can't get her little character
>(Elvish Druid with a touchy disposition and a big wolf) to do anything but
>walk in circles or try to crawl up walls?

Heh. I've got Warcraft III and it's mucho fabbero than poncy AD&D 3rd
Edition games with 5frames/sec refresh... And it's only 1 CD too.

J (_a_i_m_i_e_, or I'll get the defanger snips out)

"Choose the Dark Side... now why would I do a thing like that?"
-- Obi-Wan Renton

Linz

Jul 1, 2002, 8:06:17 AM7/1/02

> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:29:12 +0000 (UTC), ni...@leverton.org (Nick
> Leverton) wrote:
>
> >In article <nv5vhusaqkc67gm5b...@4ax.com>,
> >Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg
> >
> >Is there a special reason why you often hfrs Mictosoft slashes
> >instead of real ones, ArJaimie ? It eans I have to cut and paste
> >and edit the URL manually.
>
> Ooh, soz. Slap wrist, J. Finger habits from traversing DOS
> directory structures (which is odd, cos I traverse unix ones far
> more often). I shall try and use my right ring-finger from now on.
>
> What browser are you using that doesn't autoconvert, then? More a
> hindrance than a feature, I'd say "Be strict in what you serve, and
> lenient in what you accept" and all that.

Scrape doesn't autoconvert.

Richard Robinson

Jul 1, 2002, 8:32:44 AM7/1/02
<LSBT8.13329$gK6.99...@news-text.cableinet.net>, Lydia Dustbin wrote:

>Then came the Karate group from long strips of wind in teens to grimly
>determined little things that just about reached my knee-cap, it seemed.
>Master barked out a series of orders and the group proceeded to knock spots
>off the dancing troup

Cor, I'd have gone if I'd known. I like seeing dancing troupes de-spotted.
Were there many dead ?

--
Richard Robinson

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 1, 2002, 8:55:53 AM7/1/02
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:47:58 +0100, "Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk>
wrote:

That's Rick, fiend of the Amynthas smallers. Nice bloke, though not at
all Sheddie. He's planning to join the Police, y'knaa.

"Every Little Thing She Does Is Sufficiently Advanced Technology"

Nick Leverton

Jul 1, 2002, 9:29:51 AM7/1/02
In article <ehg0iu4cjgc5mv4sa...@4ax.com>,

Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:29:12 +0000 (UTC), ni...@leverton.org (Nick
>Leverton) wrote:
>
>>Is there a special reason why you often hfrs Mictosoft slashes instead
>
>Ooh, soz. Slap wrist, J. Finger habits from traversing DOS directory
>structures (which is odd, cos I traverse unix ones far more often). I
>shall try and use my right ring-finger from now on.

No problems. Thort maybe it were some robot-avoidance technique :)

>What browser are you using that doesn't autoconvert, then? More a
>hindrance than a feature, I'd say "Be strict in what you serve, and
>lenient in what you accept" and all that.

Konqueror 2.2.2 it be.

Nick

Rugrat

Jul 1, 2002, 12:16:57 PM7/1/02
Linz wrote:
> "Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote

>> What browser are you using that doesn't autoconvert, then? More a

>> hindrance than a feature, I'd say "Be strict in what you serve, and
>> lenient in what you accept" and all that.
>
> Scrape doesn't autoconvert.

Nor Galeon neither.

Rugrat

Guy King

Jul 1, 2002, 12:25:03 PM7/1/02
ni...@leverton.org (Nick Leverton) sniffed the heady air of the shed and
in <afp7d8$ron$1...@warren.leverton.org>said....
.

> Is there a special reason why you often hfrs Mictosoft slashes instead
> of real ones, ArJaimie ? It eans I have to cut and paste and edit the
> URL manually.

Oddly, from within Zimacs (which sure ain't M$) I can just click on it
and away it trots to the right place.

Talking of fillums...I've just watched The Stone Tape, the first bit of
which I saw thirty years ago. It was as good as I unforget.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 1, 2002, 12:37:15 PM7/1/02

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message

> J (_a_i_m_i_e_, or I'll get the defanger snips out)

Okay, Jim.

w.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 1, 2002, 12:37:16 PM7/1/02

"Richard Robinson" <ric...@beulah.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> <LSBT8.13329$gK6.99...@news-text.cableinet.net>, Lydia Dustbin wrote:
> >
> >Then came the Karate group from long strips of wind in teens to grimly
> >determined little things that just about reached my knee-cap, it seemed.
> >Master barked out a series of orders and the group proceeded to knock
spots
> >off the dancing troup
>
> Cor, I'd have gone if I'd known. I like seeing dancing troupes de-spotted.
> Were there many dead ?

No, Kay never managed to reach them. There was a ver nice brass bandy though
who did a smashing arrangement of the Furry Dance - and a bouncy castle,
though but not at the same time.

Oh bliss... picture it... Only one step away from pipe band on skis.

w.

Guy King

Jul 1, 2002, 12:45:29 PM7/1/02
"Linz" <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk> sniffed the heady air of the shed and
in <afpfhg$bl2$1...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>said....
.

> > She also appears in the corner of www.users.zetnet.co.uk/gking/mayhem.jpg

> Who was that young man who took so easily to ferrying Inky about?

I gather he goes by the name of Rick. "Hey, Rick" was shouted quite a bit.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 1, 2002, 2:20:38 PM7/1/02
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:29:51 +0000 (UTC), ni...@leverton.org (Nick
Leverton) wrote:

>In article <ehg0iu4cjgc5mv4sa...@4ax.com>,
>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>>On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:29:12 +0000 (UTC), ni...@leverton.org (Nick
>>Leverton) wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a special reason why you often hfrs Mictosoft slashes instead
>>
>>Ooh, soz. Slap wrist, J. Finger habits from traversing DOS directory
>>structures (which is odd, cos I traverse unix ones far more often). I
>>shall try and use my right ring-finger from now on.
>
>No problems. Thort maybe it were some robot-avoidance technique :)

I dream of having a website worthy of robots, let alone one busy
enough to need avoidance...

>>What browser are you using that doesn't autoconvert, then? More a
>>hindrance than a feature, I'd say "Be strict in what you serve, and
>>lenient in what you accept" and all that.
>
>Konqueror 2.2.2 it be.

From other replies, looks like it's only IE that caters for the
backslash-disadvantaged. Tish and pish.

Have any of the other browsers got anything as handy as IE's "type in
the middle bit of www.bit.com, hit control-enter to fill in the rest"?
That's my favourite.

Seminars, n.:
From "semi" and "arse", hence, any half-assed discussion.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 1, 2002, 2:21:07 PM7/1/02

But not as we know it.

There are no normal people--only people you don't know very much about.
-- Nancy Lebovitz, rasfw

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 1, 2002, 5:10:00 PM7/1/02

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message

> >> J (_a_i_m_i_e_, or I'll get the defanger snips out)
> >

> >Okay, Jim.
>
> But not as we know it.

Jimmikins?

Anon 14th Cent.

coj

Jul 1, 2002, 4:09:05 PM7/1/02

> > Who was that young man who took so easily to ferrying Inky about?
>
> I gather he goes by the name of Rick. "Hey, Rick" was shouted quite a bit.

Rick. Sure ?

Ron Clark

Jul 1, 2002, 5:49:44 PM7/1/02
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:09:05 +0100, in the message
<afqh67$finid$1...@ID-85784.news.dfncis.de>, coj wrote this, or at least
some of this :-

Rick Stein ?

--
®óñ© © ²°°²

Guy King

Jul 1, 2002, 5:42:10 PM7/1/02
"coj" <c_o_jones_99...@hotmail.com> sniffed the heady air of
the shed and in <afqh67$finid$1...@ID-85784.news.dfncis.de>said....

.
> > > Who was that young man who took so easily to ferrying Inky about?
> >
> > I gather he goes by the name of Rick. "Hey, Rick" was shouted quite a bit.

> Rick. Sure ?

That Rick man's worth his weight in gold with kids.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 2, 2002, 3:31:14 AM7/2/02

"Sena" <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Okay, Jim.
> >
> > w.
> Why is you is in disguise, W?

Uh?
If you mean 'Lydia' she and I go back a long way. Poor lady now in
semi-retirement following the exploding cheddar cheese debacle.

w.

Guy King

Jul 2, 2002, 3:37:32 AM7/2/02
"Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> sniffed the

heady air of the shed and in
<6FcU8.15550$496.11...@news-text.cableinet.net>said....
.

> If you mean 'Lydia' she and I go back a long way. Poor lady now in
> semi-retirement following the exploding cheddar cheese debacle.

Cor, you got a recipe for cheddar cheese debacles? I reckon I might like them.

Richard Robinson

Jul 2, 2002, 6:48:08 AM7/2/02
<0z%T8.14769$WJ3.11...@news-text.cableinet.net>, Lydia Dustbin wrote:
>"Richard Robinson" <ric...@beulah.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> <LSBT8.13329$gK6.99...@news-text.cableinet.net>, Lydia Dustbin wrote:
>> >
>> >Then came the Karate group from long strips of wind in teens to grimly
>> >determined little things that just about reached my knee-cap, it seemed.
>> >Master barked out a series of orders and the group proceeded to knock
>spots
>> >off the dancing troup
>>
>> Cor, I'd have gone if I'd known. I like seeing dancing troupes de-spotted.
>> Were there many dead ?
>>
>No, Kay never managed to reach them. There was a ver nice brass bandy though
>who did a smashing arrangement of the Furry Dance - and a bouncy castle,
>though but not at the same time.
>
>Oh bliss... picture it... Only one step away from pipe band on skis.

<series of chortles consequent upon pleasing mental imagery>

And, after all, what is a "step" to one on a bouncy castle ? Or skis, for
that matter ?

Linz

Jul 2, 2002, 8:27:08 AM7/2/02

> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:47:58 +0100, "Linz"
> <sp...@lindsayendell.org.uk> wrote:

> >Who was that young man who took so easily to ferrying Inky about?
>
> That's Rick, fiend of the Amynthas smallers. Nice bloke, though not
> at all Sheddie. He's planning to join the Police, y'knaa.

He may grow into Sheddism. He could collect criminals "just in case" - seems
pretty sheddi to me.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 2, 2002, 9:05:47 AM7/2/02

> "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> sniffed the
> heady air of the shed and in
> <6FcU8.15550$496.11...@news-text.cableinet.net>said....
> .
> > If you mean 'Lydia' she and I go back a long way. Poor lady now in
> > semi-retirement following the exploding cheddar cheese debacle.
>
> Cor, you got a recipe for cheddar cheese debacles? I reckon I might like
them.

You wouldn't have liked this one. Initially persuaded to enter a hollowed
out wheel of cheddar in order to break out glorious in frou-frou and
feathers during a departmental wine-tasting do the poor girl was sealed
inside and smuggled through customs (and past sniffer dogs) and flown
somewhere east of Nuur.

Had she provided caviar on toast for the head of DT. department, and not
tuna, then she wouldn't be in semi-retirement today. (They hope the smell
will have lessened by Christmas.)

w.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 2, 2002, 9:09:39 AM7/2/02

"Richard Robinson" <ric...@beulah.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> And, after all, what is a "step" to one on a bouncy castle ? Or skis, for
> that matter ?

Tjhe Rev Clutchworthy gave his sermon on a pogo stick.

Ron Clark

Jul 2, 2002, 9:30:52 AM7/2/02
On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:09:39 GMT, in the message
<nChU8.15873$t27.11...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Lydia Dustbin"
<cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote this, or at least some of
this :-

A strange subject to be sure. Once you've explored the stick's
analogistic symbolism vis-a vis life's ups and downs, it's way of biting
you in the bum if you can't control it and the inevitability of the end of
the ride, what lessons can be drawn from the use and structure of this
shock-absorbed mono-crutch?

--
RonC

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man
not in possession of a good fortune is in want of
a shed.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 2, 2002, 9:59:32 AM7/2/02

We're back to Jaimiewaimiekins again, aren't we...

J (who quite likes just "Jay", actually)
--
"Frankly, I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"
- Arthur C. Clarke

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 2, 2002, 4:33:28 PM7/2/02
"Sena" <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

Then the Wumpus returned, but in a diffrunt guise, and I
> wondered again whether she were upset by someone or something in ye
> shedde.

The Wumpus is 'always' gnashing her teeth over something or somebody. It is
being in a costant state of simmering resentment that keeps my spry and
active - and grey haired, and wrinkly and smoking like a chimbly pot.

Today's lucky winner is the stinker who bullied, yes, bullied, me into using
a snare and a delusion called Instant Messier, then sent 'back in ten mins'
and wasn't, despite protestations to the contrary.
Humph. Excuse me while I fume.

Incidentally, anybody, what is the snag with voice-mail??? Has anybody in
Wild B.Yonder ever got it to work? Voice mail server sounds dodgy to me -
especially if I haven't got one.

The Wumpus has been much missed. The Mystery of the
> Exploding Cheddar Cheese am an unfamiliar title to this reader of
> Miss Blyton's classic opi. Methinks perhaps therein lies a tale?

Just do not accept cheese on toast from anyone if you see a pink feather
embedded in bubbling topping.

> There are two theories to arguing with women.
> Neither one works.

Hmmm. That brings me to another reason for slow simmer. The man OTOC used,
when verbally backed into a corner, standard man's argument number 23 : 'if
you only thought logically for a moment....'

The Man OTOC was damn lucky not to get portable TV aerial rammed down his
throat.

w.

Guy King

Jul 2, 2002, 5:29:06 PM7/2/02
<s6oU8.16528$HK.124...@news-text.cableinet.net>said....
.
> Instant Messier

Wow, dehydrated galaxies!

Ron Clark

Jul 3, 2002, 2:22:46 AM7/3/02
On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:08:55 +0100, in the message
<MPG.178bfc8dd...@news.cis.dfn.de>, Sena wrote this, or at

least some of this :-

>I've met Lydia before, both here and in a certain caff, wherein I
>lurked once upon a while but briefly. I were just wondering, having
>notalot betterer to do, why the Wumpus had disappeared from the
>cement sack, and I'd bin hopin' that us hadn't upset her and fritted
>her away.

She has a strange and constant hobby (format dancing at disco-s).
which does take her away from time to time.

--
®óñ© © ²°°²

Austin Shackles

Jul 3, 2002, 2:55:15 AM7/3/02
On or around Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:29:12 +0000 (UTC), ni...@leverton.org (Nick
Leverton) enlightened us thusly:

>In article <nv5vhusaqkc67gm5b...@4ax.com>,
>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote:
>>
>>http:\\www.sessile.org\crap\cojlet.jpg

>Is there a special reason why you often hfrs Mictosoft slashes instead

>of real ones, ArJaimie ? It eans I have to cut and paste and edit the
>URL manually.

only just noticed that, reason being that Mozilla sneakily turned 'em all
round while I weren't looking.

H!TFD on account of it.

*and* it jbexf with the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, unlike
'scrape 6.2

I commend it to the shedde.
--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"The breezy call of incense-breathing Morn, The swallow twittering
from the strawbuilt shed, The cock's shrill clarion, or the echoing
horn, No more shall rouse them from their lowly bed."
Thomas Gray, Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard.

Austin Shackles

Jul 3, 2002, 2:56:19 AM7/3/02
On or around Tue, 2 Jul 2002 00:32:52 +0100, Sena <sh...@ynys.fslife.co.uk>
enlightened us thusly:

>Opera jbexeth wivvout promble. I didden even notiss the slashes
>'till 'twere pointed out.

and Mozilla, as mentioned by me just now.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 3, 2002, 3:18:15 AM7/3/02

"Ron Clark" <ro...@spamburg.co.uk> wrote in message > >I've met Lydia before,

both here and in a certain caff, wherein I
> >lurked once upon a while but briefly. I were just wondering, having
> >notalot betterer to do, why the Wumpus had disappeared from the
> >cement sack, and I'd bin hopin' that us hadn't upset her and fritted
> >her away.
>
> She has a strange and constant hobby (format dancing at disco-s).
> which does take her away from time to time.

Which is a bit like lap-dancing only has more to do with turning floppies
into hard drives.

Anon 14th cent.

Ron Clark

Jul 3, 2002, 4:30:34 AM7/3/02
On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 07:18:15 GMT, in the message
<XyxU8.16963$oc2.12...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Lydia Dustbin"
<cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote this, or at least some of
this :-

I thought that was Ivnten.

--
®óñ© © ²°°²

Rugrat

Jul 3, 2002, 6:14:50 AM7/3/02
Austin Shackles wrote:

> only just noticed that, reason being that Mozilla sneakily turned 'em all
> round while I weren't looking.

<snip>

> I commend it to the shedde.

Yebbut, I goove it looks ugly.

I shall stick to me Galeon.

(Which is almost serpently Mozilla in disguise anyway.)

Rugrat

Thomas Rushton

Jul 3, 2002, 8:19:34 AM7/3/02
Austin Shackles wrote:

> that there choices direct lot (google for 'em if yer want) are
> fryyvat pre-viewed videos, 3 fer 12 quid.
>
> anyone know if Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth 4 quid?
>
> There are one called "Red Planet", wot I've never seen.
>
> we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"

I still keep RTA "Shaving Ryan's Privates"...

--
Thomas Rushton
At jbex somewhere in Bradford...

Thomas Rushton

Jul 3, 2002, 8:26:09 AM7/3/02
Linz wrote:

Sounds like he'd fit right in with blanket's plans...

Thomas Rushton

Jul 3, 2002, 8:39:06 AM7/3/02
Lydia Dustbin wrote:

> <grump> and now who, no prizes for guessing, can't get her little
> character (Elvish Druid with a touchy disposition and a big wolf)
> to do anything but walk in circles or try to crawl up walls?

OK, I give up. What game are we playing here?

Thomas Rushton

Jul 3, 2002, 8:39:38 AM7/3/02
Guy King wrote:

> "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> sniffed the
> heady air of the shed and in
> <s6oU8.16528$HK.124...@news-text.cableinet.net>said....
> .
>> Instant Messier
>
> Wow, dehydrated galaxies!

instant galaxy -- just add chocolate?

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 3, 2002, 12:08:14 PM7/3/02

"Thomas Rushton" <Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> wrote in
message news:Xns92408B13D7B...@130.133.1.4...

> Lydia Dustbin wrote:
>
> > <grump> and now who, no prizes for guessing, can't get her little
> > character (Elvish Druid with a touchy disposition and a big wolf)
> > to do anything but walk in circles or try to crawl up walls?
>
> OK, I give up. What game are we playing here?

I am pathetically grateful for the 'we' in this context.
I dunno about you, but I am a half elvish neutral Druid (give me strength)
with a tattoo and picked myself a long brown cloak for to hide inside.
However! Wretched bird keeps prancing about in a leather teddy and boots and
waves a big sword about. I was supposed to be a tree-hugger not a bashem
type.
Grumble.
now leave me alone until I can get her to walk in the direction I want - if
I could work out which direction, which I can't, and who the heck is that
beefy bloke trying to start a conversation? can't he tell i am having big
trubble just moving about.

Hoppit, I am about to crawl off to save the world from the onlaught of the
shrieking plague, or some such. Where is my wolf; I wish to howl at the
moon.

w.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 3, 2002, 12:18:16 PM7/3/02

"Thomas Rushton" <Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> wrote in
message news:Xns92408B2B8EE...@130.133.1.4...

> Guy King wrote:
>
> > "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> sniffed the
> > heady air of the shed and in
> > <s6oU8.16528$HK.124...@news-text.cableinet.net>said....
> > .
> >> Instant Messier
> >
> > Wow, dehydrated galaxies!
>
> instant galaxy -- just add chocolate?

Never mind the funny comments; what about my little problem?

Next Marathon run on Mars?

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 3, 2002, 12:24:02 PM7/3/02

"mow the grass .com" <xenophil44pot@hotmail> wrote in message

> >Hoppit, I am about to crawl off to save the world from the onlaught of
the
> >shrieking plague, or some such. Where is my wolf; I wish to howl at the
> >moon.
>
> Yebbut...what game *is* it?

Nggg. nggg. I dunno. Hold on....
NeverWinter or some such.

i don;t like it.

W = wimp.

coj

Jul 3, 2002, 10:54:41 AM7/3/02

"Rugrat" <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom> wrote in message

> Austin Shackles wrote:
>
> > only just noticed that, reason being that Mozilla sneakily turned 'em
all
> > round while I weren't looking.
> <snip>
> > I commend it to the shedde.
>
> Yebbut, I goove it looks ugly.

I stuck a theme[*] on mine and it looks purty

[*]View Apply Theme - Zbqrea or Pinball look OK to me

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 3, 2002, 2:10:17 PM7/3/02
On 3 Jul 2002 12:26:09 GMT, Thomas Rushton
<Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> wrote:

I'm amazed these mooted ID cards don't have GPS trackers in, I am.
Eediots.

Women's breasts are like electric train sets. They're meant for kids,
but usually it's the fathers who wind up playin' with them.

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 3, 2002, 2:12:52 PM7/3/02

Neverwinter Nights, the latest 3D Dungeons&Dragons based foftware from
those clever games molishers. Wumps has accidentally acquired a copy,
my fault really.

>i don;t like it.

Don't play it then. Warcraft 3 am tops.

Apatheism: The school of belief where one doesn't particularly
care if there is/are god(s).

Austin Shackles

Jul 3, 2002, 2:33:29 PM7/3/02
On or around Wed, 03 Jul 2002 11:14:50 +0100, Rugrat
<rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom> enlightened us thusly:

if you fancy playing with a whole lot of nerdy text files, you can remolish
Mozilla/'scrape6 by means of themes and erm,... whassnames, skins I guvax.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 3, 2002, 3:40:59 PM7/3/02

> >>Nggg. nggg. I dunno. Hold on....
> >>NeverWinter or some such.
> >
> >Neverwinter Nights, the latest 3D Dungeons&Dragons based foftware from
> >those clever games molishers. Wumps has accidentally acquired a copy,
> >my fault really.
>
> OIC.
>
> I don't thimk I'll bother, then. I like adventure games, but only
> cissy ones with lotsa puzzles and where no-one gets hurt. I don't
> seem to be able to find any more nowadays.

There you go! I'm not the only tree-hugging wimp around!
I have got that Zoo Tycoon waiting to be installed... hummmmm.

w.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 3, 2002, 3:40:58 PM7/3/02

"Jaimie Vandenbergh" <jai...@usually.sessile.org> wrote in message

> >> Yebbut...what game *is* it?
> >>
> >Nggg. nggg. I dunno. Hold on....
> >NeverWinter or some such.
>
> Neverwinter Nights, the latest 3D Dungeons&Dragons based foftware from
> those clever games molishers. Wumps has accidentally acquired a copy,
> my fault really.

*Your* fault? You *told* Malcolm to turn into a spaniel with big brown
sorowful eyes until I gave up my seat?
SHAME on you!
It's certainly a very good game but... Well I'm no good at them sort of
things.
The wolf is okay, though.

> >i don;t like it.
>
> Don't play it then. Warcraft 3 am tops.

Argh! My normal life span in war games is thirty seconds.
When I first got my old matrox they included one of they mechanical Warrior
type of things and all i could manage to do was a heffalumping marathon
demo.
Though I did shoot up the base once.

Listen, you are talking to someone who takes off in them flying missions,
blasts everything that moves but can only get back home by using the ejector
seat over the airport.
Ho-hum. Back to Sims.

w.

Andy Spragg

Jul 3, 2002, 3:45:32 PM7/3/02
Thomas Rushton <Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> pushed
briefly to the front of the queue on 3 Jul 2002 12:19:34 GMT, and
nailed this to the shed door:

^ Austin Shackles wrote:

(pre-viewed videos)

^ > we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"

^ I still keep RTA "Shaving Ryan's Privates"...

Shaving what off, though? Ryan 'air, presumably.

Andy

--
sparge at globalnet point co point uk

"Ignorance is linked to laziness, both are deplorable,
the latter not to be confused with tuit-shortage,
which looks a lot like laziness to the ignorant"
Austin Shackles, uk.rec.sheds

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jul 3, 2002, 7:44:42 PM7/3/02
In article <fqf6iushn2l0s4lnr...@4ax.com>,

mow the grass <xenophil44pot@hotmail> wrote:

>OIC.
>
>I don't thimk I'll bother, then. I like adventure games, but only
>cissy ones with lotsa puzzles and where no-one gets hurt. I don't
>seem to be able to find any more nowadays.

You could try a nostalgia trip and download a PET/C64 emulator
(e.g.: google for VICE (though this might throw up some unrelated
stuff...) ) an' then grab copies of all the old faves like
the Infocom things, Hitch Hikers Guide, Leather Goddesses of Phobos
etc etc.
--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |
| yon-net dot demon dot co dot uk> : JBC : Leveraging neology |
` Department Store Boss probes spook '

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jul 3, 2002, 7:49:52 PM7/3/02
In article <erIU8.17759$3s4.13...@news-text.cableinet.net>,

Lydia Dustbin <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Listen, you are talking to someone who takes off in them flying missions,
>blasts everything that moves but can only get back home by using the ejector
>seat over the airport.

This is very evocative of happy hours spent with FS2, Interceptor,
etc. Eject over friendly territory - it's the only way to land,
innit.

Anyone got a spare copy of the M$ flight sim I could borrer? I wanna
see if it's any easier to land a simulated hairyplane now I can land
a real one an' know about spoilers/dive brakes etc.

Mind you, the only windows-equipped peecee I have is me dual-boot
flaptop with ports incompatible with me recently-acquired-cheap
pleasure pole[1].

[1] Joystick, but I knew WonK would prefer the Austinized version.

--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |
| yon-net dot demon dot co dot uk> : JBC : Leveraging neology |

` Industry Boss verifies computers cover-up '

Thomas Rushton

Jul 4, 2002, 8:11:51 AM7/4/02
Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:

> I'm amazed these mooted ID cards don't have GPS trackers in, I am.

Now there's a vqrn...

> Eediots.

Who, us or them?

Thomas Rushton

Jul 4, 2002, 8:14:34 AM7/4/02
Dear Nigel wrote:

> I don't thimk I'll bother, then. I like adventure games, but only
> cissy ones with lotsa puzzles and where no-one gets hurt. I don't
> seem to be able to find any more nowadays.

Why has this cartoon just entered my mind?

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19990419

Thomas Rushton

Jul 4, 2002, 8:15:25 AM7/4/02
Andy Spragg wrote:

> Thomas Rushton <Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> pushed
> briefly to the front of the queue on 3 Jul 2002 12:19:34 GMT, and
> nailed this to the shed door:
>
>^ Austin Shackles wrote:
>
> (pre-viewed videos)
>
>^ > we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"
>
>^ I still keep RTA "Shaving Ryan's Privates"...
>
> Shaving what off, though? Ryan 'air, presumably.

Cloff, please -- Leek soup everywhere...

Guy King

Jul 4, 2002, 3:34:08 AM7/4/02
ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS. Williams) sniffed the heady air of
the shed and in <ag02j0$l...@yon-net.demon.co.uk>said....

.
> Anyone got a spare copy of the M$ flight sim I could borrer? I wanna
> see if it's any easier to land a simulated hairyplane now I can land
> a real one an' know about spoilers/dive brakes etc.

I was flying model gliders on Ivinghoe Beacon some years ago when
several chaps from the local full size glider club wandered up.

They wanted to have a go, so we let 'em on condition that we could have
a go in the full size ones [1]. Apparently the real thing is a good deal
easier to fly and land, but a damn sight scarier on take-off...this was
the view of both sides.

[1] I was rather too full-size for this.

--
Skipweasel...
Teeth will be provided.

Whitedog

Jul 4, 2002, 8:39:38 AM7/4/02
On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:45:32 GMT, spa...@globalnet.co.uk (Andy Spragg)
tripped over the wheelbarrow and tipped the following into the shed:

>Thomas Rushton <Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> pushed
>briefly to the front of the queue on 3 Jul 2002 12:19:34 GMT, and
>nailed this to the shed door:
>
>^ Austin Shackles wrote:
>
>(pre-viewed videos)
>
>^ > we've found 2 to ohl, viz. Saving Pt. Ryan, and "Cats and Dogs"
>
>^ I still keep RTA "Shaving Ryan's Privates"...
>
>Shaving what off, though? Ryan 'air, presumably.

In that case it'd be shaving yer bleedin baggage allowance off.
15 xvybf max, the hooters. SWMB's cousing arrived yesty having stormed
off when they told her her bag was 5 xtf over.It was the gallon vat of
wine wot dun it. She stuffed it into her hand luggage instead and went
back to check-in."What have you done with it?" they asked. "I drank
it".
Then to make matters worse her DMs (wot she was wearing to save weight
in the luggage!) set off the metal detector and they made her take
them off to examine them for bombs or summat. Don't fimk she enjoyed
the whole experience much...

.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.' ..I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape.
`-,,, ,_ ;'~U' ..
_,-' ,'`-__; '--.
(_/'~~ ''''(;
whit...@SPAMLESSuk-rec-sheds.org.uk

Helen Deborah Vecht

Jul 4, 2002, 9:41:36 AM7/4/02
The message <ctFU8.17413$Bd3.12...@news-text.cableinet.net>
from "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> contains
these words:

> Never mind the funny comments; what about my little problem?

> Next Marathon run on Mars?

Nah, you'll get your Snickers in a Twix (or a Starbusrt in the Milky Way)

--
Helen D. Vecht: helen...@zetnet.co.uk
Edgware.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 4, 2002, 12:13:29 PM7/4/02

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <helen...@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> The message <ctFU8.17413$Bd3.12...@news-text.cableinet.net>
> from "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> contains
> these words:
>

> > Never mind the funny comments; what about my little problem?
>
> > Next Marathon run on Mars?
>
> Nah, you'll get your Snickers in a Twix

Coooo!! Ark at 'er!!!

w.

Rugrat

Jul 4, 2002, 2:56:49 PM7/4/02
> Lydia Dustbin said...

>> The Wumpus is 'always' gnashing her teeth over something or
>> somebody. It is being in a costant state of simmering resentment that
>> keeps my spry and active -
>> and grey haired, and wrinkly and smoking like a chimbly pot.

IRTA smoking pot like a chimp.

Rugrat

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 4, 2002, 3:13:13 PM7/4/02

"Rugrat" <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom> wrote in message
That too. In an emergency I can smoke a faggy held in my toes.
A useful trick.

w.

Rugrat

Jul 4, 2002, 3:19:13 PM7/4/02
Lydia Dustbin wrote:

> In an emergency I can smoke a faggy held in my toes.
> A useful trick.

Boggle.

In what circumstances did that ever become useful? And are photographs
available?

Rugrat

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 4, 2002, 3:32:07 PM7/4/02

"Rugrat" <rug...@verdonet.organisation.unitedkingdom> wrote in message
It was just before I slipped my disc....

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Jul 4, 2002, 4:09:36 PM7/4/02
On 4 Jul 2002 12:11:51 GMT, Thomas Rushton
<Thomas.Rush...@hammondsdirect.com> wrote:

>Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
>
>> I'm amazed these mooted ID cards don't have GPS trackers in, I am.
>
>Now there's a vqrn...

Stop that! Anyway, you don't need one, you've got a phobile. Or two.

>> Eediots.
>
>Who, us or them?

Blunkett, or whoever's pulling his strings about these ID card things.
I'm not even going to rant about it, it's just yet another pointless
attempted inroad against personal space by the gummint. Phooey.

Is there a statue of Bliar I can hit with a cricket bat anywhere?

"All power corrupts, but absolute power is kind of neat"

Austin Shackles

Jul 4, 2002, 4:52:26 PM7/4/02
On or around 4 Jul 2002 00:44:42 +0100, ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS.
Williams) enlightened us thusly:

>In article <fqf6iushn2l0s4lnr...@4ax.com>,
>mow the grass <xenophil44pot@hotmail> wrote:
>>
>>OIC.
>>
>>I don't thimk I'll bother, then. I like adventure games, but only
>>cissy ones with lotsa puzzles and where no-one gets hurt. I don't
>>seem to be able to find any more nowadays.
>
>You could try a nostalgia trip and download a PET/C64 emulator
>(e.g.: google for VICE (though this might throw up some unrelated
>stuff...) ) an' then grab copies of all the old faves like
>the Infocom things, Hitch Hikers Guide, Leather Goddesses of Phobos
>etc etc.

I unforget Leather Goddesses of Phobos on the Amscheap CPC464. Not to
mention such classics as Defender and Space Invaders.

d'you unforget that glod mine game on the PET?

Austin Shackles

Jul 4, 2002, 4:52:27 PM7/4/02
On or around 4 Jul 2002 00:49:52 +0100, ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS.
Williams) enlightened us thusly:

>Mind you, the only windows-equipped peecee I have is me dual-boot

>flaptop with ports incompatible with me recently-acquired-cheap
>pleasure pole[1].
>

>[1] Joystick, but I knew WonK would prefer the Austinized version.

Oi. stop casting natsturtiums

Mike Jones

Jul 4, 2002, 4:49:21 PM7/4/02

> On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 18:12:52 GMT, Jaimie Vandenbergh
> <jai...@usually.sessile.org>, absently arranged the Scrabble tiles to
> spell out -

> >On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:24:02 GMT, "Lydia Dustbin" <cherryjam@{really
> >wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> >>the

> >>Nggg. nggg. I dunno. Hold on....
> >>NeverWinter or some such.
> >
> >Neverwinter Nights, the latest 3D Dungeons&Dragons based foftware from
> >those clever games molishers. Wumps has accidentally acquired a copy,
> >my fault really.
>
> OIC.
>
> I don't thimk I'll bother, then. I like adventure games, but only
> cissy ones with lotsa puzzles and where no-one gets hurt. I don't
> seem to be able to find any more nowadays.

que? try http://www.ifarchive.org for all your adventuring needs

Whitedog

Jul 4, 2002, 5:46:03 PM7/4/02
On Thu, 04 Jul 2002 17:22:24 +0100, xenophil44pot@hotmail(mow the
grass).com tripped over the wheelbarrow and tipped the following into
the shed:

>On Thu, 04 Jul 2002 12:39:38 GMT, whit...@notmail.com (Whitedog),

>absently arranged the Scrabble tiles to spell out -
>

>>SWMB's cousing arrived yesty having stormed
>>off when they told her her bag was 5 xtf over.It was the gallon vat of
>>wine wot dun it. She stuffed it into her hand luggage instead and went
>>back to check-in."What have you done with it?" they asked. "I drank
>>it".
>

>Hooters prolly wanted her to leave it behind so they could drink it.

Well I hope they did, we're drinking it now.

Peter Thomas

Jul 4, 2002, 5:36:58 PM7/4/02
In article <5ta9iu4r8sjcmh5kd...@4ax.com>, Jaimie
Vandenbergh <jai...@usually.sessile.org> writes
Why a cricket bat? Why not, say, a bazooka or a JCB? Or even a
well-aimed lardrover?

You could consider a sideline in wax effigies, though.

--
Peter Thomas

Ron Clark

Jul 4, 2002, 6:22:30 PM7/4/02
On Thu, 04 Jul 2002 19:13:13 GMT, in the message
<d71V8.19172$qy.143...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Lydia Dustbin"
<cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote this, or at least some of
this :-

Doesn't the tar worry you at all?

--
®óñ© © ²°°²

Ron Clark

Jul 4, 2002, 6:25:33 PM7/4/02
On Thu, 04 Jul 2002 19:32:07 GMT, in the message
<Xo1V8.19195$yD.143...@news-text.cableinet.net>, "Lydia Dustbin"

<cherryjam@{really wild}blueyonder.co.uk> wrote this, or at least some of
this :-

So you formatted your spine?

--

¯`·-·´¯`·¸._.·´¯`·._.·>Ö<·._.·´¯`·._¸.·´¯`·-·´¯

Rc

Peter Thomas

Jul 4, 2002, 6:42:52 PM7/4/02
In article <0ki9iu8c5t9dn99ib...@4ax.com>, Ron Clark
<ro...@spamburg.co.uk> writes
Only when she puts her bare feet down.
--
Peter Thomas

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jul 4, 2002, 7:31:54 PM7/4/02
In article <5ta9iu4r8sjcmh5kd...@4ax.com>,

Mebbe. Someone beheaded that one of Gungpure. If the perp has any sense
he'll protest that punishment would be a violation of his right to observe
ancient traditional art-criticising techniques, as practiced and sanctified
by such as the dibbles on more than a few occasions.

--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |
| yon-net dot demon dot co dot uk> : JBC : Leveraging neology |

` Gun Smuggler sells off libel suit shock '

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jul 4, 2002, 7:33:56 PM7/4/02
In article <pk18iucaho5tfaetk...@4ax.com>,

Austin Shackles <aus...@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>On or around 4 Jul 2002 00:44:42 +0100, ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Carl .LHS.
>Williams) enlightened us thusly:
>
>>In article <fqf6iushn2l0s4lnr...@4ax.com>,
>>mow the grass <xenophil44pot@hotmail> wrote:
>>>
>>>OIC.
>>>
>>>I don't thimk I'll bother, then. I like adventure games, but only
>>>cissy ones with lotsa puzzles and where no-one gets hurt. I don't
>>>seem to be able to find any more nowadays.
>>
>>You could try a nostalgia trip and download a PET/C64 emulator
>>(e.g.: google for VICE (though this might throw up some unrelated
>>stuff...) ) an' then grab copies of all the old faves like
>>the Infocom things, Hitch Hikers Guide, Leather Goddesses of Phobos
>>etc etc.
>
>I unforget Leather Goddesses of Phobos on the Amscheap CPC464. Not to
>mention such classics as Defender and Space Invaders.
>
>d'you unforget that glod mine game on the PET?

"Miner", yers - I have a copy... Never did find copies of me own stuff,
though, like that asteroids thingy and the simulated pooter thingy.

--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |
| yon-net dot demon dot co dot uk> : JBC : Leveraging neology |

` Porn Actor maims suspect bombs disgrace '

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jul 4, 2002, 7:52:52 PM7/4/02
In article <200207040...@zetnet.co.uk>,

How heavy are you? Talgarth have a Slingsby T21 which will, without
ballast, take up to 240lbs in both of the side-by-side seats - unlike
(most) other twin seaters, both pilots contribute equally to the trim
(tandem ones, the rear pilot tends to be over the CofG so doesn't count).

In other words, provided that you find an instructor who's not too heavy,
so yer combined weight isn't over 480lbs (34 an' a quarter stone) then
yer could fly in one of them. Mind you, they're a bit draughty, being
open-cockpit. I hadda go in one t'other weekend - *very* basic[1], great
larf. Bit eye-watering, especially on tow. Leather hat, goggles and silk
scarf are de-rigeur. Really should have a megaphone in the cockpit
to hail other Slingsbys: "NO, AFTER YOU... CARE FOR A SPOT OF TEA?"

Talgarth also have a Capstan, which is like a deluxe advanced slingsby
with a canopy, which is also a laugh to fly.

[1] Pre-flight checks (trying to learn the british ones):

Controls: full & free
Ballast: two large pilots, yup, that's OK.
Straps: Yup, done up
Instruments: Hardly any - ASI, altimeter and a thing with beads in which
is allegedly a vario. And a retro-fitted electronic vario.
And a yaw string, tied to what appears to be a gunsight
attached to the ASI pitot.[2]
Flaps: Nope, none of them
Trim: Nope, no trim - just hold the stick in the right place, what's so
hard about that? (double check Ballast)
Canopy: Nope. Canopies Are For wimps. Don hat and goggles.
Brakes: Probably, but with a stall speed of 24kts...

[2] Instruments Are For Wimps. Better to be looking where you're going.
And with a glide ratio of 24 to 1, better be looking for some lift,
too.

--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |
| yon-net dot demon dot co dot uk> : JBC : Leveraging neology |

` Long Haired Anarchist slams illegal video stalling '

Ron Clark

Jul 5, 2002, 1:48:20 AM7/5/02
On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:42:52 +0100, in the message
<CqQg1Xzs...@godthoms.demon.co.uk>, Peter Thomas wrote this, or at

least some of this :-

>>>That too. In an emergency I can smoke a faggy held in my toes.
>>>A useful trick.

>>Doesn't the tar worry you at all?

>Only when she puts her bare feet down.

Well I was wondering whether or not it ruined the taste of the fags.

--
®óñ© © ²°°²

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 5, 2002, 2:46:30 AM7/5/02

<0.@.0> wrote in message news:8kh9iu4lajmn6o18c...@4ax.com...
> The screen on the anbaric typing device lit up on Thu, 04 Jul 2002

> >> IRTA smoking pot like a chimp.
> >>
> >That too. In an emergency I can smoke a faggy held in my toes.
> >A useful trick.
>

> Darling Wumpus! I love you! J'wanna fag?

Only if it is in a foot-long ciggy-holder.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 5, 2002, 2:46:30 AM7/5/02

"Ron Clark" <ro...@spamburg.co.uk> wrote in message

> >> IRTA smoking pot like a chimp.
> >>
> >That too. In an emergency I can smoke a faggy held in my toes.
> >A useful trick.
>
> Doesn't the tar worry you at all?

Wot? Jolly Jack, or Long John Silver.
Anyway! I am not sure I want to talk to someone who hopes to be on first
name terms with next years Easter dinner. And that goes for the other
unfeeling brute, too.

w - tutting madly.

Lydia Dustbin

Jul 5, 2002, 2:56:32 AM7/5/02

> >>Doesn't the tar worry you at all?
>
> >Only when she puts her bare feet down.
>
> Well I was wondering whether or not it ruined the taste of the fags.

!!! What are you insinuating? As it happens... I gotta footy-cream from
Strafeways t'other month and it's just like rubbing footses with toothpaste.
Adds to menthol fag taste no-end. Sort of instant frozen-toes. Most
peculiar.

w.

It is loading more messages.