The Resurrection of Midday Mayhem

Tone

Nov 24, 2022, 7:55:46 AM11/24/22
My Midday Mayhem show is, like a Fee nicks, risen from the grave as from
Monday 28th Nov.

The first tweak is all repeats from this time last year, but I will be
venturing into new stuff at some stage after that.

There is some valued old Sheddi input in the first coupla shows next tweak.

But, I would value further Sheddi suggestions.

The show is totally all genre, with humour from across the years. It has
to be cleanish. Much of the pervious suggestions were incorporated. How
about some new ones?

Please bear in mind OFCOM rules. But pushing the envelope is fine.

The main thought is, the show is always unpredictable and offers class
cringe-worthiness in all it does.

Tempofm.co.uk Midday from Monday 28th Nov.

Or https://www.mixcloud.com/tonyhaynes52/ thereafter.

cheers

Uncle Tone

Kerr-Mudd, John

Nov 24, 2022, 12:25:55 PM11/24/22
On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 12:55:33 +0000
Tone <to...@email.com> wrote:

> Please bear in mind OFCOM rules. But pushing the envelope is fine.
>
> The main thought is, the show is always unpredictable and offers class
> cringe-worthiness in all it does.

More Max Bygraves!

Notsensibles - "I'm in love with Maragret Thatcher"

Who's that Norn Irish chap that calls himself a band?
something about a woodshed?
'The Divine Comedy' - 'Something for the weekend'
{filmed in some Italian town, IME}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjfa_RB6Pc
--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Tone

Nov 24, 2022, 4:30:32 PM11/24/22
No Ted

Tone

Peter

Nov 24, 2022, 4:37:29 PM11/24/22
Tone <to...@email.com> wrote in news:tlonpm$nsp8$1...@dont-email.me:

> No Ted

It always takes me a moment or two to work out why you are denying Edward.

A place I uster jbex at, "Noted" was the standard passive-aggressive
response to a boss who was telling someone off.

--
Peter
-----

Tone

Nov 24, 2022, 6:07:21 PM11/24/22
Saw Ted

Tone

Nicholas D. Richards

Nov 24, 2022, 7:00:54 PM11/24/22
In article <tlotf5$nsp8$2...@dont-email.me>, Tone <to...@email.com> on
Thu, 24 Nov 2022 at 23:07:06 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
New Ted cat.

Her Ted.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

Don Stockbauer

Nov 25, 2022, 4:41:47 AM11/25/22
this is the story of a boy named Ted and his mother said Ted be good he would she told him tails about his soldier dad and it made him sad and he cried oh my Ted used to tell her he'd be twice as good and he knew he could cause in his head he said mama doing all right now Teddy voice you taking good care of you I always figured that was about Ted Kennedy

Since it was written and Google groups-ese it never made it to the shed right?

Brian Gaff

Nov 25, 2022, 5:55:16 AM11/25/22
I mean if you want to piss off All Christmas lovers then Dominic the donkey
is a good start.
Not to mention Bob Rivers stuff.
There is a wonderful spoof of Credence Clearwater Revivals hit now called
goin up to Bethlehem.

Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

Brian Gaff

Nov 25, 2022, 6:03:59 AM11/25/22
The music I often find cringeworthy these days are those altered well known
tunes from pantomimes designed to be slightly rude but also designed to sail
over the heads of children. I've been trying to remember one I heard at Dick
Whittington, back then he was played by Rula Lenska nd lots of references to
Dick in the lyrics as I recall.

Incidentally does Kissing with Confidence by Will Power qualify, OK so we
all know the lead vocal is Carly Simon, but near the end I'm sure it uses
the word Fart.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nich...@salmiron.com> wrote in message

Tone

Nov 25, 2022, 8:43:59 AM11/25/22
On 25/11/2022 11:03, Brian Gaff wrote:
> The music I often find cringeworthy these days are those altered well known
> tunes from pantomimes designed to be slightly rude but also designed to sail
> over the heads of children. I've been trying to remember one I heard at Dick
> Whittington, back then he was played by Rula Lenska nd lots of references to
> Dick in the lyrics as I recall.
>

> Incidentally does Kissing with Confidence by Will Power qualify, OK so we
> all know the lead vocal is Carly Simon, but near the end I'm sure it uses
> the word Fart.
> Brian

Ive got away with 'fart' several times. A Jake Thackray song about his
dog for example, and several 'buggers'. 'Another bugger from
Yorkshire', a Lancastrian song, and no end of 'bloodys'. In the context
of lyrics it's acceptable, but I wouldn't use any of that language
during presentation.

It now seems trendy to get the f*** word into lyrics, and the BBC
doesn't seem to mind playing 'em late at night. But any snog with an ef
word innit gets binned by me straight away. Not necessary.

Tone

Sam Plusnet

Nov 25, 2022, 3:06:43 PM11/25/22
Or in court:

"I hear what you say M'Lud."

--
Sam Plusnet

Richard Robinson

Nov 25, 2022, 3:37:32 PM11/25/22
As opposed to "I am not deaf M'Lud"

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

James Heaton

Nov 25, 2022, 4:54:57 PM11/25/22
"Tone" wrote in message news:tlqgqu$109op$1...@dont-email.me...

On 25/11/2022 11:03, Brian Gaff wrote:
> The music I often find cringeworthy these days are those altered well
> known
> tunes from pantomimes designed to be slightly rude but also designed to
> sail
> over the heads of children. I've been trying to remember one I heard at
> Dick
> Whittington, back then he was played by Rula Lenska nd lots of references
> Dick in the lyrics as I recall.
>

> Incidentally does Kissing with Confidence by Will Power qualify, OK so we
> all know the lead vocal is Carly Simon, but near the end I'm sure it uses
> the word Fart.
> Brian
>

>Ive got away with 'fart' several times. A Jake Thackray song about his dog
>for example, and several 'buggers'. 'Another bugger from Yorkshire', a
>Lancastrian song, and no end of 'bloodys'. In the context of lyrics it's
>acceptable, but I wouldn't use any of that language during presentation.

Nominate if suitable:
Fred Wedlock - The 'andier 'ousehold 'elp
Jake Thackray - Sister Josephine
Tom Lehrer - Vatican Rag
Max Boyce - The Scottish Trip (although very specifically Welsh, the lyrics
will resonate with anyone who has done a similar trip!)

James

Tone

Nov 25, 2022, 5:41:07 PM11/25/22
On 25/11/2022 21:54, James Heaton wrote:
> Nominate if suitable:
> Fred Wedlock - The 'andier 'ousehold 'elp
> Jake Thackray - Sister Josephine
> Tom Lehrer - Vatican Rag
> Max Boyce - The Scottish Trip (although very specifically Welsh, the
> lyrics will resonate with anyone who has done a similar trip!)
>
> James

A dead

Tone

Chris Elvidge

Dec 2, 2022, 8:03:21 AM12/2/22
A good week of mayhem Tone

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Chris Elvidge

Dec 2, 2022, 8:45:37 AM12/2/22
On 24/11/2022 12:55, Tone wrote:
One-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater reminded me of this:

Shut the door (they're coming through the window) (Jim Lowe 1955)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDC6nHmXAuc

(Original? Roy Fox 1934) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_yJJl2xY4s

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Tone

Dec 2, 2022, 9:54:58 AM12/2/22
On 02/12/2022 13:45, Chris Elvidge wrote:
> One-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater reminded me of this:
>
> Shut the door (they're coming through the window) (Jim Lowe 1955)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDC6nHmXAuc
>
> (Original? Roy Fox 1934) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_yJJl2xY4s
>

> --
> Chris Elvidge
> England

Nice one's Chris. Thanks!

Tone

Kerr-Mudd, John

Dec 2, 2022, 11:23:46 AM12/2/22
I looked out the window, and a witch flew by, said you're gonna die,
honey you know you're gonna die!

(I don't recall the band or title, sorry) On a John Peel show c.1979