Amazoning

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Tone

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 8:00:17 AMAug 10
to
"Hello from Amazon.co.uk

"We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We apologise for the
inconvenience.

"Since your package is delayed, we're refunding the shipping charges for
your entire order"

Received half an hour after it was delivered

Tone

Richard Robinson

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 8:09:38 AMAug 10
to
Don't tell 'em, you fishy person.


--
Richard Robinson
"The whole plan hinged upon the natural curiosity of potatoes" - S. Lem

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

maus

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 8:51:51 AMAug 10
to
say nothing.

I got a letter today telling me that penalty points had been removed
from my driving licence. Never had them imposed, so does that mean that
I now have some sort of `anti-penalty points'?


--
grey...@mail.org

Fi Fi Fo Fum, I smell the stench of an influencer

hub...@ccanoemail.com

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 9:14:23 AMAug 10
to
On 10 Aug 2022 12:51:49 GMT, maus <ma...@dmaus.org> wrote:

>On 2022-08-10, Tone <to...@email.com> wrote:
>> "Hello from Amazon.co.uk
>>
>> "We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We apologise for the
>> inconvenience.
>>
>> "Since your package is delayed, we're refunding the shipping charges for
>> your entire order"
>>
>> Received half an hour after it was delivered
>>
>> Tone
>
>say nothing.
>
>I got a letter today telling me that penalty points had been removed
>from my driving licence. Never had them imposed, so does that mean that
>I now have some sort of `anti-penalty points'?
>

" letter " ! in the mail ! ?
Do your spammers actually send _mail_ ?
I've ~ never seen such a thing - robo phone calls - yes ;
.. live person phone calls - sometimes - getting rarer ;
.. spam emails - few.
John T.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 10:30:03 AMAug 10
to
Fun innit - there's a boxed up eclectic rotavator downstairs which I
ordered from them only to have it stall in Dublin with a customs issue.
After a few days Amazon offered me a refund which I accepted and used to
order another one which did arrive and was put to good use preparing ground
for a hedgerow.

Weeks later the one I originally ordered and got a refund for
turned up unexpectedly so it's still sitting in its box - I canna use two
of them, one is xanpxrevat[13] enough.

[13] Not a bad ROT that one.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

maus

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 11:25:38 AMAug 10
to
You are correct. Must investigate, without giving them information.
Stamps here cost more than a Euro.

Brownz (via Gurgle Gruppez)

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 11:45:16 AMAug 10
to
On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 1:51:51 PM UTC+1, maus wrote:
> On 2022-08-10, Tone <to...@email.com> wrote:
> > "Hello from Amazon.co.uk
> >
> > "We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We apologise for the
> > inconvenience.
> >
> > "Since your package is delayed, we're refunding the shipping charges for
> > your entire order"
> >
> > Received half an hour after it was delivered
> >
> > Tone
> say nothing.
>
> I got a letter today telling me that penalty points had been removed
> from my driving licence. Never had them imposed, so does that mean that
> I now have some sort of `anti-penalty points'?
>

You are now in credit. Fill yer boots !!

hub...@ccanoemail.com

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 12:42:56 PMAug 10
to
I'd be wondering about identity theft, and perhaps
checking my car to see that the plates are indeed there
and are mine .. in case of an incident of stolen plates
and a photo radar conviction ..
John T.

Brian Gaff

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 4:27:27 PMAug 10
to
Yes well, you sure it was a genuine Amazon message, lots of spoofs around
right now.
Brian

--

--:
This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tone" <to...@email.com> wrote in message
news:td06kf$1r76s$1...@dont-email.me...

Brian Gaff

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 4:28:49 PMAug 10
to
I bet if you keep the letter that defence will not work.
Brian

--

--:
This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"maus" <ma...@dmaus.org> wrote in message
news:slrntf7af...@dmaus.org...

Tone

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 7:59:52 PMAug 10
to
On 10/08/2022 21:27, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Yes well, you sure it was a genuine Amazon message, lots of spoofs around
> right now.
> Brian
>

Yes.

Tone

Tone

unread,
Aug 10, 2022, 8:02:41 PMAug 10
to
Quote:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We are writing to confirm that we are processing your refund in the
amount of £4.99 for your Order 203-6265231-4793121 from BOSWEE-EU.

This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear
when your bank has processed it.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Big Button Mobile Phone for Elderly, artfone C1 Senior Mobile
Phone With SOS Button | Talking Number | 1400mAh Battery | Dual SIM
Unlocked | Torch Sid
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B088MDHDSD
Reason for refund: Item shipped late

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Shipping Refund: £4.16
Shipping Tax Refund: £0.83

Your refund is being credited as follows:

Visa Credit Card: £4.99

These amounts will be returned to your payment methods within 5-7
business days.

Have an issue with your refund, or a question about our refund policy?
Visit our Help section for more information:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161010

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Sincerely,

Amazon.co.uk Customer Service
http://www.amazon.co.uk

Tease'n'Seize

unread,
Aug 12, 2022, 5:05:05 AMAug 12
to
Tone wrote:

> Reason for refund: Item shipped late

shipped late is different from delivered late, i suppose

> £4.99

I suppose Jeff will have to wait a few milliseconds for his next yacht, or
penis-shaped rocket?
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages