Can't escape it!

RustyHinge

Jul 29, 2022, 4:21:52 AM7/29/22
Anyone would think that an Idiots' Lantern pogrom was something of
great import. Import yes, skimmed from the low-end of ozfroth, why is
the demise of an Auntie Biddyan soap opera treated as national news?
Good news, perhaps, but *important* news?

I goove not: IME it's too trivial to warrant more than a passing sigh of
relief rather than the media carpet-bombing frenzy we have to endure. A
gloat, even, but not to be treated as primetime *news*. I despair for
the culture of the yooman race. There's a rumbling sound emanating from
the grave of Tord Alvar Quan Lidell MBE.

Had to turn to Rajo 3 to escape the flood! (Some rather good proper
tempo ragtime thobut.)

--
Rusty Hinge

Peter

Jul 29, 2022, 5:12:24 AM7/29/22
RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote in news:tc05av$3ev78$1
@dont-email.me:

> Anyone would think that an Idiots' Lantern pogrom was something of
> great import. Import yes, skimmed from the low-end of ozfroth, why is
> the demise of an Auntie Biddyan soap opera treated as national news?
> Good news, perhaps, but *important* news?
>
> I goove not: IME it's too trivial to warrant more than a passing sigh of
> relief rather than the media carpet-bombing frenzy we have to endure. A
> gloat, even, but not to be treated as primetime *news*. I despair for
> the culture of the yooman race. There's a rumbling sound emanating from
> the grave of Tord Alvar Quan Lidell MBE.
>
> Had to turn to Rajo 3 to escape the flood! (Some rather good proper
> tempo ragtime thobut.)

Curious. The only indication I've had is from SWMBO, who is a fan of
Arvtuobhef and mourns its passing. Oh, and there were a couple on minutes
on the lunchtime Arjf yesterday. So fortunately I hve escaped the flood
without having to resort to Rajo (shudder) 3.

--
Peter
-----

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Jul 29, 2022, 7:30:03 AM7/29/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:21:49 +0100
RustyHinge <rusty...@foobar.girolle.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone would think that an Idiots' Lantern pogrom was something of
> great import. Import yes, skimmed from the low-end of ozfroth, why is
> the demise of an Auntie Biddyan soap opera treated as national news?

I can't say I noticed here, there was a mention a few days ago and
"The Journal" ran a "will you be watching the last episode" quiz which
collected a lot of "No"s.

> Good news, perhaps, but *important* news?

Quite so, even within the haunted fishtank there are more important
matters.

Where was the wailing and gnashing of teeth when they cancelled
Firefly ? Why is nobody howling that Amazon *still* haven't got Ringworld
and Snow Crash to the screen (OK they'll probably shpx them up but we can
hope). How dare they stop The Expanse just because they need to age the
characters 30 years to do the next book ? In a genre dominated by total
penc starving us of the few good bits is cruel and usual.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Peter

Jul 29, 2022, 8:48:49 AM7/29/22
Peter <mys...@prune.org.uk> wrote in
OTOH I am getting quite fed up of the reporting of the spat between two
wealthy and self-important young women whose only claim to fame is that
they happen to be married to blokes who are good at kicking a ball around.
Why (oh why - DOTW) should we care?

--
Peter
-----

Sam Plusnet

Jul 29, 2022, 4:26:43 PM7/29/22
Oh! Sorry, I was too engrossed in the Depp/Heard trials[1] to hear
about this.

[1] No, not really.

--
Sam Plusnet

Brian Gaff

Aug 1, 2022, 4:46:40 AM8/1/22
I have to say, I only heard about the Ausie guy on an aussie radio station
on the A lady, so as I'd never heard of him, I was a bit like John Lennon in
day in the life.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Peter" <mys...@prune.org.uk> wrote in message
> [...]

Brian Gaff

Aug 3, 2022, 4:32:46 AM8/3/22
With regard to Neighbours, I never watched it since the Labrador dog was in
it. However I understand the last episode had Kylie in it, in a non speaking
part, was this because if she had had lines they could not afford the cost?
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <ste...@eircom.net> wrote in message

Jonathan Harston

Aug 11, 2022, 10:28:07 AM8/11/22
On Friday, 29 July 2022 at 12:30:03 UTC+1, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> Where was the wailing and gnashing of teeth when they cancelled
> Firefly ? Why is nobody howling that Amazon *still* haven't got Ringworld
> and Snow Crash to the screen

Wait, what? Somebody's adapting Ringworld? How did that pass me by?
When can I see it? Oh...

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Aug 11, 2022, 11:30:02 AM8/11/22
About the last news was them hiring a director for the pilot - a
couple of years ago.