Cough!

Tone

Dec 17, 2021, 3:44:08 PM12/17/21
Sssshusshh!

Tone

Don Stockbauer

Dec 18, 2021, 8:45:58 AM12/18/21
On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 2:44:08 PM UTC-6, Tone wrote:
> Sssshusshh!
>
> Tone
Stifle that cough !

people will think you have Covid!

The best place to go into a hacking uncontrollable cough is the doctors waiting room.

Tone

Dec 18, 2021, 8:56:59 AM12/18/21
Can't locate uk.rec.doctorswaitingroom

Any road up it would take about a mumf to get a disappointment.

Tone

Nick Odell

Dec 18, 2021, 5:58:24 PM12/18/21
A month?

Luxury!

Why, when I want an appointment I have to crawl through mud across
open land and pray that the snipers positioned on the surgery boundary
towers don't pick me off before I have the opportunity to hear the
receptionist tell me that they don't give appointments to the living
anymore but can recommend a good undertaker if I choose to transfer to
the non-living contingent.

Nick

Tone

Dec 18, 2021, 6:21:14 PM12/18/21
True story.

Last time I had a doctor's disappointment was when my leg started leaking.

A 'nurse' there took the dressing off that I had crudely applied. The
doctor agreed the leg was leaking, prescribed antibiotics and furosemide
and sent me home to await a visit from a district nurse.

I asked them to replace the dressing. They said they don't do dressings
any more. I'd have to wait until the district nurse called, or if I
thought it was urgent, go to A&E.

I got home and applied another crude dressing messen. A DN turned up
four days later.

Tone

Don Stockbauer

Dec 18, 2021, 7:51:31 PM12/18/21
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was insisting that you do something, Tone, I was really trying to concentrate on the fact that the worst place to have a cough is in the doctor's waiting room ,
I've felt one coming on before and ran out into the hall rather than do that.

Tone

Dec 18, 2021, 8:02:46 PM12/18/21
There was a time in the RN when the MO told us to cough.

Tone

Don Stockbauer

Dec 18, 2021, 8:55:03 PM12/18/21
I remember this thing in MAD magazine a doctor's testing a guy for hernia and he gives the person a hernia through his test.

Mike Fleming

Dec 18, 2021, 9:14:09 PM12/18/21
I went in this morning for a diabetic foot clinic. 10:00 appointment,
they rang at 9:30 to check I was coming in. When I got there, there was
no-one else in the waiting room and it turned out they'd had three
no-shows already, which is why they'd rung me up.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dec 19, 2021, 1:00:04 AM12/19/21
On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:57:04 +0000
Tone <em...@address.com> wrote:

> Any road up it would take about a mumf to get a disappointment.

That is scary - I can usually get an appointment in the afternoon
if I call in the morning worst case it's the next day. Of course I have to
cnl 50euzu because I'm too evpu to get a medical card but I get half back
off the insewerants that the company cnls for. Having to cnl doesn't make
it faster, medical card holders get appointments just as fast.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 19, 2021, 3:18:36 AM12/19/21
In article <spm0bk$s3a$1...@dont-email.me>, Tone <em...@address.com> on
Sun, 19 Dec 2021 at 01:02:44 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
All the while fondling your orchids.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

Nicholas D. Richards

Dec 19, 2021, 3:18:36 AM12/19/21
In article <spkpba$33m$1...@dont-email.me>, Tone <em...@address.com> on
Sat, 18 Dec 2021 at 13:57:04 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
Perhaps you should try:

https://peanuts.fandom.com/wiki/The_Doctor_Is_In

Don Stockbauer

Dec 19, 2021, 7:28:03 AM12/19/21
I wants had a doctors appointment for nine I go and check in with the receptionist I was late at 9:15 she says I'm afraid I'll have to reschedule you and I looked back into the waiting room and no one was there I said OK so me being late screws up your schedule for seeing all these people in your waiting room and by some miracle ordained by God she did not cancel my appointment