Smokin'

15 views
Skip to first unread message

Jim S

unread,
Dec 21, 2021, 2:04:11 PM12/21/21
to
Many years ago when I was a smoker, I never got a cold.
I wonder whether current smokers or 'vaper's have a resistance to Covid?
--
Jim S

Jim S

unread,
Dec 21, 2021, 2:24:23 PM12/21/21
to
On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:04:07 +0000, Jim S wrote:

> Many years ago when I was a smoker, I never got a cold.
> I wonder whether current smokers or 'vaper's have a resistance to Covid?

I should have Googled first shouldn't I?
https://tinyurl.com/y2wdz6xj
--
Jim S

Tim+

unread,
Dec 21, 2021, 2:24:51 PM12/21/21
to
Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
> Many years ago when I was a smoker, I never got a cold.
> I wonder whether current smokers or 'vaper's have a resistance to Covid?

Do you feel lucky, punk? ;-)

My daughter’s mother in law (62) is about to get her leg chopped off below
the knee thanks to smoking.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

John Williamson

unread,
Dec 21, 2021, 3:02:55 PM12/21/21
to
On 21/12/2021 19:04, Jim S wrote:
> Many years ago when I was a smoker, I never got a cold.
> I wonder whether current smokers or 'vaper's have a resistance to Covid?
>
The downside is that your face turns green...

https://www.quirkybyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Jim-Carrey%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98The-Mask%E2%80%99-smokin-dialouge.jpg

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

RustyHinge

unread,
Dec 21, 2021, 5:37:09 PM12/21/21
to
On 21/12/2021 19:04, Jim S wrote:

> Many years ago when I was a smoker, I never got a cold.
> I wonder whether current smokers or 'vaper's have a resistance to Covid?

I got colds when i was a smoker. I haven't had one since I started
having 'flu jabs.


--
Rusty Hinge
To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer and the BOFH.

Tone

unread,
Dec 21, 2021, 6:44:23 PM12/21/21
to
On 21/12/2021 22:37, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 21/12/2021 19:04, Jim S wrote:
>
>> Many years ago when I was a smoker, I never got a cold.
>> I wonder whether current smokers or 'vaper's have a resistance to Covid?
>
> I got colds when i was a smoker. I haven't had one since I started
> having 'flu jabs.
>
>

I wonder why smokers are put off you by flu jabs?

Tone

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 2:22:22 AM12/22/21
to
Don't know but apparently smoking and the selling of the cigarettes is to be
banned in New Zealand very soon now.The big problem over there is the Maoris
as they are the ones who still smoke.
Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim S" <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1mj8pe4gxabvc$.135eku43zk6m9$.dlg@40tude.net...

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 2:27:08 AM12/22/21
to
Its just another contributory factor to killing us. I guess if you can
actually stop one of the things why would you not do so. The answer of
course is both money taxes etc, and addiction.
In small quantities the drug is not really the issue, its all the crud that
comes from burning tobacco that is, its like shoving your head into a
chimney every day when a coal fire is burning. I remember the smogs in
London and I guess it may well be that from then and my parents smoking for
years, my life will be limited by prior damage.
If you think its got get a smoking machine and a hood and see how long you
last!

Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1871945849.661807353.806...@news.individual.net...

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 2:28:50 AM12/22/21
to
Its the Bill gates microchip I expect.
Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tone" <em...@address.com> wrote in message
news:sptosl$748$1...@dont-email.me...

Tease'n'Seize

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 5:05:55 AM12/22/21
to
Brian Gaff wrote:

> apparently smoking and the selling of the cigarettes is to be banned
> in New Zealand very soon now.

Actually not really soon, but really drawn out.

They want to make it so that those who aren't old enough to have ever legally
bought tobacco already, will never be legally able to buy it, by having an age
limit that constantly slides upwards.

Don Stockbauer

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 9:28:16 AM12/22/21
to
That's interesting; they could do that for other crimes such as murder.

Richard Robinson

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 11:05:57 AM12/22/21
to
So, "very soon" or not, depending how old you are. And, a workable way
of doing it & good luck to them.

--
Richard Robinson
"The whole plan hinged upon the natural curiosity of potatoes" - S. Lem

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Sam Plusnet

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 2:55:10 PM12/22/21
to
On 22-Dec-21 16:05, Richard Robinson wrote:
> Tease'n'Seize said:
>> Brian Gaff wrote:
>>
>>> apparently smoking and the selling of the cigarettes is to be banned
>>> in New Zealand very soon now.
>>
>> Actually not really soon, but really drawn out.
>>
>> They want to make it so that those who aren't old enough to have ever
>> legally bought tobacco already, will never be legally able to buy it,
>> by having an age limit that constantly slides upwards.
>
> So, "very soon" or not, depending how old you are. And, a workable way
> of doing it & good luck to them.
>
Nah.
At some point you'll get a 60 year-old talking a 75 year-old into going
into the shop & buying fags for them.

--
Sam Plusnet

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

unread,
Dec 22, 2021, 3:30:01 PM12/22/21
to
On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:55:08 +0000
Sam Plusnet <n...@home.com> wrote:

> Nah.
> At some point you'll get a 60 year-old talking a 75 year-old into going
> into the shop & buying fags for them.

They'll have got all the talking into it done 45 years earlier.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Richard Robinson

unread,
Dec 23, 2021, 5:35:10 AM12/23/21
to
By then, it wouldn't be worth many shops' while to stock them, there'd be a
revival of status for the 80yos who Know Someone.

Unless they decide it'd be simpler to smoke their (legally bought) weed
neat, of course.

Tone

unread,
Dec 23, 2021, 6:41:02 AM12/23/21
to
On 23/12/2021 10:35, Richard Robinson wrote:
> Sam Plusnet said:
>> On 22-Dec-21 16:05, Richard Robinson wrote:
>>> Tease'n'Seize said:
>>>> Brian Gaff wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> apparently smoking and the selling of the cigarettes is to be banned
>>>>> in New Zealand very soon now.
>>>>
>>>> Actually not really soon, but really drawn out.
>>>>
>>>> They want to make it so that those who aren't old enough to have ever
>>>> legally bought tobacco already, will never be legally able to buy it,
>>>> by having an age limit that constantly slides upwards.
>>>
>>> So, "very soon" or not, depending how old you are. And, a workable way
>>> of doing it & good luck to them.
>>>
>> Nah.
>> At some point you'll get a 60 year-old talking a 75 year-old into going
>> into the shop & buying fags for them.
>
> By then, it wouldn't be worth many shops' while to stock them, there'd be a
> revival of status for the 80yos who Know Someone.
>
> Unless they decide it'd be simpler to smoke their (legally bought) weed
> neat, of course.
>
>
>

It'll probably start a black market* in imported cigarettes.

*Are we allowed to say 'black market' any more?

Tone

Richard Robinson

unread,
Dec 23, 2021, 7:58:09 AM12/23/21
to
Nah, it'll be a re-run of the Opium Wars, China sending gunboats up the
Thames to flog their wares in defiance of the shambolic corrupt Notional
Government.

Nicholas D. Richards

unread,
Dec 23, 2021, 2:06:36 PM12/23/21
to
In article <KZCdnUh08ftBzVn8...@brightview.co.uk>, Richard
Robinson <rich...@privacy.net> on Thu, 23 Dec 2021 at 04:35:08 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Sam Plusnet said:
>> On 22-Dec-21 16:05, Richard Robinson wrote:
>>> Tease'n'Seize said:
>>>> Brian Gaff wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> apparently smoking and the selling of the cigarettes is to be banned
>>>>> in New Zealand very soon now.
>>>>
>>>> Actually not really soon, but really drawn out.
>>>>
>>>> They want to make it so that those who aren't old enough to have ever
>>>> legally bought tobacco already, will never be legally able to buy it,
>>>> by having an age limit that constantly slides upwards.
>>>
>>> So, "very soon" or not, depending how old you are. And, a workable way
>>> of doing it & good luck to them.
>>>
>> Nah.
>> At some point you'll get a 60 year-old talking a 75 year-old into going
>> into the shop & buying fags for them.
>
>By then, it wouldn't be worth many shops' while to stock them, there'd be a
>revival of status for the 80yos who Know Someone.
>
>Unless they decide it'd be simpler to smoke their (legally bought) weed
>neat, of course.
>
The plant grows like a cross between a weed and Jack's Beanstalk.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

Sam Plusnet

unread,
Dec 23, 2021, 4:19:17 PM12/23/21
to
Grow your own. Privet enterprise.

--
Sam Plusnet
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages