The UK has benefited from both Brexit and immigration

Cornette B. Meltzer

Feb 21, 2024, 6:03:30 AMFeb 21
It's good to have a safety net while retaining one's culture.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 21, 2024, 7:06:03 AMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:03:26 -0000 (UTC)
"Cornette B. Meltzer" <ban...@various.places> wrote:

> It's good to have a safety net while retaining one's culture.

Sports-wrestling is much bothered by this?

Very Poor Trolling 1/10.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Feb 21, 2024, 7:30:03 AMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:03:26 -0000 (UTC)
"Cornette B. Meltzer" <ban...@various.places> wrote:

> It's good to have a safety net while retaining one's culture.

You really have to try harder than that - anyway I'm fresh out of
troll food.

PS: Watch out for the Followup-To on the original.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

John Williamson

Feb 21, 2024, 7:40:05 AMFeb 21
On 21/02/2024 11:03, Cornette B. Meltzer wrote:
> It's good to have a safety net while retaining one's culture.

Do you mean the culture that has been established here by many waves of
religious and other refugees over the last millennium or so, or some
other culture?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Richard Robinson

Feb 21, 2024, 8:27:17 AMFeb 21
Yoghourt ? Sourdough ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 21, 2024, 1:09:05 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:27:15 -0000 (UTC)
Richard Robinson <ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

> John Williamson said:
> > On 21/02/2024 11:03, Cornette B. Meltzer wrote:
> >> It's good to have a safety net while retaining one's culture.
> >>
> > Do you mean the culture that has been established here by many waves of
> > religious and other refugees over the last millennium or so, or some
> > other culture?
>
> Yoghourt ? Sourdough ?

Ah *now* we can have a fist-fight!
(I can't be doing with haloumi)

Richard Robinson

Feb 21, 2024, 1:58:23 PMFeb 21
How dare you impugn our good old native tradition of frying everything
that didn't run away fast enough ?

(Fist-on-keyboard doesn't really jbex and I could never touch-type. Could
we make it a two-finger fight instead ?)

Thinking about it, probably not yoghourt, because it'd drip through a
net. But is halloumi a culture ?

*And*, one 'l' or two ?

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Feb 21, 2024, 2:00:03 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:27:15 -0000 (UTC)
Richard Robinson <ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

> John Williamson said:
> > On 21/02/2024 11:03, Cornette B. Meltzer wrote:
> >> It's good to have a safety net while retaining one's culture.
> >>
> > Do you mean the culture that has been established here by many waves of
> > religious and other refugees over the last millennium or so, or some
> > other culture?
>
> Yoghourt ? Sourdough ?

Cafe ? Student fridge ? Petri dish ?

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 21, 2024, 2:46:12 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 18:58:22 -0000 (UTC)
Richard Robinson <ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

> Kerr-Mudd, John said:
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:27:15 -0000 (UTC)
> > Richard Robinson <ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

> >> Yoghourt ? Sourdough ?
> >>
> > Ah *now* we can have a fist-fight!
> > (I can't be doing with haloumi)
>
> How dare you impugn our good old native tradition of frying everything
> that didn't run away fast enough ?
>
> (Fist-on-keyboard doesn't really jbex and I could never touch-type. Could
> we make it a two-finger fight instead ?)
>
> Thinking about it, probably not yoghourt, because it'd drip through a
> net. But is halloumi a culture ?
>

> *And*, one 'l' or two ?

I dunno nuffink about culture, but that shure sands loik fietin'
tork to me!

(Yrs a Keyboard Warrior, second class)

Thomas Prufer

Feb 21, 2024, 2:52:51 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 18:58:22 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
<ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

>Kerr-Mudd, John said:
>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:27:15 -0000 (UTC)
>> Richard Robinson <ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Yoghourt ? Sourdough ?
>>>
>> Ah *now* we can have a fist-fight!
>> (I can't be doing with haloumi)
>
>How dare you impugn our good old native tradition of frying everything
>that didn't run away fast enough ?
>
>(Fist-on-keyboard doesn't really jbex and I could never touch-type. Could
>we make it a two-finger fight instead ?)
>
>Thinking about it, probably not yoghourt, because it'd drip through a
>net. But is halloumi a culture ?
>

>*And*, one 'l' or two ?

Wikithing says "Halloumi or haloumi", and it's boiled in whey not fried, and
then fried or grilled, and Wikithing also says "Its texture is described as
squeaky."

I like it, pro wrestling not so much. Looks very athletic and strenuous. And I
how does betting on pro wrestling work? Can't see it working for any punter...

Thomas Prufer

Richard Robinson

Feb 21, 2024, 2:57:39 PMFeb 21
Kerr-Mudd, John said:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 18:58:22 -0000 (UTC)
> Richard Robinson <ric...@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:
>> Kerr-Mudd, John said:

>> > Ah *now* we can have a fist-fight!
>> > (I can't be doing with haloumi)
>>
>> How dare you impugn our good old native tradition of frying everything
>> that didn't run away fast enough ?
>>
>> (Fist-on-keyboard doesn't really jbex and I could never touch-type. Could
>> we make it a two-finger fight instead ?)
>>
>> Thinking about it, probably not yoghourt, because it'd drip through a
>> net. But is halloumi a culture ?
>>

>> *And*, one 'l' or two ?
>>
> I dunno nuffink about culture, but that shure sands loik fietin'
> tork to me!

In the face of such erudition, I have not a leg to stand on.
Yes folks, I am de-feeted.

> (Yrs a Keyboard Warrior, second class)

Thanks, but I just put one out.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Feb 21, 2024, 3:30:03 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:46:16 +0000
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> I dunno nuffink about culture, but that shure sands loik fietin'
> tork to me!

Oooh knuckle tourney.

Mike Spencer

Feb 21, 2024, 11:00:11 PMFeb 21

Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:46:16 +0000
> "Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> I dunno nuffink about culture, but that shure sands loik fietin'
>> tork to me!
>
> Oooh knuckle tourney.

Is that the same as nekulturny?

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Feb 22, 2024, 1:30:03 AMFeb 22
On 22 Feb 2024 00:00:09 -0400
Mike Spencer <m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:46:16 +0000
> > "Kerr-Mudd, John" <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> >
> >> I dunno nuffink about culture, but that shure sands loik fietin'
> >> tork to me!
> >
> > Oooh knuckle tourney.
>
> Is that the same as nekulturny?

It's certainly not cultured behaviour.

Nicholas D. Richards

Feb 22, 2024, 4:48:21 AMFeb 22
In article <20240222061644.6f57...@eircom.net>, Ahem A
Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> on Thu, 22 Feb 2024 at 06:16:44 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 22 Feb 2024 00:00:09 -0400
>Mike Spencer <m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:
>

>> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <ste...@eircom.net> writes:

>> > Oooh knuckle tourney.
>>
>> Is that the same as nekulturny?
>
> It's certainly not cultured behaviour.

In our Time is currently discussing the death of Kulture during The Sack
of Rome (1527).
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"