Whither weather, and whether...

RustyHinge

Jul 27, 2022, 5:09:20 AMJul 27
No-one seems to have learnt: the cricket supremos will keep planning
washed-out matches in rain-soaked areas, while agriculture is suffering
drought in dry places while no cricket is being played.

Anyone with any nous vis-à-vis cricket and precipitation* knows that
where fifteen men (or women) dress-up in certain apparels and undertake
rituals with willow clubs and balls of leather-encased bamboo root, that
dance sequence will almost certainly conjure precipitation.***

This lack of nous inevitably leads to poor grain crops, beet with
reduced sugar content and so-on.

Why don't...

*I say 'precipitation' rather than 'rain' because cricket will conjure
hail, snow and other meteorological** anomalies
** or meteorillogical
*** or sometimes such cloud as to lead to the cancellation or suspension
of said rituals.

--
Rusty Hinge

Richard Robinson

Jul 27, 2022, 8:29:05 AMJul 27
RustyHinge said:
> No-one seems to have learnt: the cricket supremos will keep planning
> washed-out matches in rain-soaked areas, while agriculture is suffering
> drought in dry places while no cricket is being played.
>
> Anyone with any nous vis-à-vis cricket and precipitation* knows that
> where fifteen men (or women) dress-up in certain apparels and undertake
> rituals with willow clubs and balls of leather-encased bamboo root, that
> dance sequence will almost certainly conjure precipitation.***

Oh, yes ! Cricket as rainmaking ritual. I like it.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html