Manchester killing

Peter

Jan 15, 2003, 4:47:24 PM1/15/03
Could it sadly be the possible case that the police officers who were
attacked in doing their duty may have been the victims of this governments
over zealous treatment of minority elements. Lets hope it is not the case
that the reason they were not handcuffed was because of the guideline set
down for the treatment of minorities by the police following the Steven
Lawrence case. In an interview a dep chief constable seemed to hint at
something like that being a factor.
Peter

Carl .LHS. Williams

Jan 17, 2003, 6:41:53 PM1/17/03
In article <b04ktb$mjh$2...@venus.btinternet.com>,

It sounded like a general hooter-up to me - they had their suspects
all quiet and etc, and instead of hauling 'em off down the station for
questioning or whatever, they decided, AFAICMO, to body-search 'em
in-situ, wherupon one of 'em got angry and it sort of degenerated
from there. (Well, that was my understanding from a skim through
a newspaper article, at any rate).

--
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |