Crossword

John Lynch

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
Have you urs chaps seen 11 across in today's Sunday Times crossword? It
could be part of a hidden communication
--
John Lynch

'It is rarely difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a
ray of sunshine' P G Wodehouse

Jon Thompson

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00

John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Have you urs chaps seen 11 across in today's Sunday Times crossword? It
> could be part of a hidden communication

You used to work in support too and ICM£5.

Go on, wossit say?

--
Jon "Terwur@" Thompson

Hear music for FREE at http://www.mp3.com/counttofour

"Spike lives in his head. He actually LIVES in his head..."

John Lynch

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00
In article <8TXr4.4689$uT1....@nnrp4.clara.net>, Jon Thompson
<jon.th...@ten.aralc> writes

>John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Have you urs chaps seen 11 across in today's Sunday Times crossword? It
>> could be part of a hidden communication
>
>You used to work in support too and ICMŁ5.
>
>Go on, wossit say?

'Building a woman possessed'. 4 letters

Sylvia

Feb 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/20/00

> In article <8TXr4.4689$uT1....@nnrp4.clara.net>, Jon Thompson
> <jon.th...@ten.aralc> writes
> >
> >John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Have you urs chaps seen 11 across in today's Sunday Times crossword? It
> >> could be part of a hidden communication
> >
> >You used to work in support too and ICM£5.

> >Go on, wossit say?
> >
> 'Building a woman possessed'. 4 letters

Thassa bit weak fort Times, ennit? Ida shed, anyroad.

S.

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

You could ask Joanna but she'd never get it.

--
Samson

Helen Deborah Vecht

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
The message <88qt83$38q$2...@epos.tesco.net>
from "Sam" <Morris...@tesco.net.deletethisbit> contains these words:

> You could ask Joanna but she'd never get it.

I shed like to arsk wot you'm on abowt.

--
Helen D. Vecht
helen...@zetnet.co.uk

Somewhere around North-West London

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

J.Prescott <joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message

It

> >> 'Building a woman possessed'. 4 letters
> >

> >You could ask Joanna but she'd never get it.
>

> Morning Sammy, sweetie. Is it ^^ in?

It was 11 across.
Getting 1 down was harder.

--
Samson
PS I got another 82 cricketing innuendos left.

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <88r21i$bnn$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
.deletethisbit> writes

>It

>> >You could ask Joanna but she'd never get it.
>>
>> Morning Sammy, sweetie. Is it ^^ in?
>>
>It was 11 across.
>Getting 1 down was harder.

Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
I thought of you

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

> In article <88r21i$bnn$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
> .deletethisbit> writes

> >It

> >> Morning Sammy, sweetie. Is it ^^ in?
> >>
> >It was 11 across.
> >Getting 1 down was harder.
> >
> Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
> I thought of you

You couldn't tell the difference between
a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.

Are you any good at anagrams ?
What's an anagram of monday

--
Samson

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <88r4p8$428$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.de
letethisbit> writes

>> Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
>> I thought of you
>
>You couldn't tell the difference between
>a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.
>
>Are you any good at anagrams ?
>What's an anagram of monday

Shouldn't there be a question mark there?

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

> In article <88r4p8$428$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.de
> letethisbit> writes
> >

> >> Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss,
once
> >> I thought of you
> >
> >You couldn't tell the difference between
> >a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.
> >
> >Are you any good at anagrams ?
> >What's an anagram of monday
> >
> Shouldn't there be a question mark there?

Stalling for time ?

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <88r6ak$gaa$1...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net

.deletethisbit> writes

>John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <88r4p8$428$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.de
>> letethisbit> writes

>once
>> >
>> >You couldn't tell the difference between
>> >a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.
>> >
>> >Are you any good at anagrams ?
>> >What's an anagram of monday
>> >
>> Shouldn't there be a question mark there?
>
>Stalling for time ?

Now, that's ridiculous. You've only matched the 'a' and the 'o' -- and
you've turned six letters into 15. You really must do better than that

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

> In article <88r6ak$gaa$1...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
> .deletethisbit> writes
> >
> >John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> In article <88r4p8$428$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam
<Morris...@tesco.net.de
> >> letethisbit> writes

> >once

> >> Shouldn't there be a question mark there?
> >
> >Stalling for time ?
> >
> Now, that's ridiculous. You've only matched the 'a' and the 'o' -- and
> you've turned six letters into 15. You really must do better than that

Can anyone help him out ?

--
Samson

Thomas Rushton

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html

He didn't say how many words...

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

Thomas Rushton <Thomas...@totalise.DONT.co.SPAM.uk> wrote in message

> of piss,

> > > Now, that's ridiculous. You've only matched the 'a' and the 'o' --
> and
> > > you've turned six letters into 15. You really must do better than
> that
> >

> > Can anyone help him out ?
> >

> www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html
>
> He didn't say how many words...

One word.
That's cheating.

--
Samson

Thomas Rushton

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
<Morris...@tesco.net.de
> letethisbit> writes

> >> www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html
> >> He didn't say how many words...
> >One word.
> >That's cheating.
> That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing
about
> anagrams

Nah. We're just being deliberately obtuse.

--
Thomas Rushton
Leeds, UK

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <88rafu$4nk$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.de
letethisbit> writes

>> and
>> that
>> >

>> > Can anyone help him out ?
>> >

>> www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html
>>
>> He didn't say how many words...
>>
>One word.
>That's cheating.

That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing about
anagrams

David Wheeler

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
John Lynch wrote in message ...
>In article <88r21i$bnn$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
>.deletethisbit> writes

>>It

>>> Morning Sammy, sweetie. Is it ^^ in?
>>>
>>It was 11 across.
>>Getting 1 down was harder.
>>
>Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
>I thought of you

<muffled guffaw>

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

> In article <88rafu$4nk$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.de
> letethisbit> writes

> >> and
> >> that

> >> www.wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html
> >>
> >> He didn't say how many words...
> >>
> >One word.
> >That's cheating.
> >
> That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing about
> anagrams

That anagram site is very good.

I put in "John Lynch"
and it only had one suggestion "Lynch John"
Excellent advice for anyone.

I put in "A NECTAR SPOT, JON"
and the suggestions didn't stop coming.

--
Samson

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

David Wheeler <David....@screen.motorola.com> wrote in message

> John Lynch wrote in message ...
> >In article <88r21i$bnn$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
> >.deletethisbit> writes

> crossword?
> >>It

> >>It was 11 across.
> >>Getting 1 down was harder.
> >>
> >Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
> >I thought of you
>
> <muffled guffaw>

Lad, we dive her.

--
Samson

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <j6g2bsgsuilgihkmi...@4ax.com>, J. Prescott
<joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> writes

>>>One word.
>>>That's cheating.
>>>
>>That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing about
>>anagrams
>

>He knows a damned sight more than you do about Cross Quads

As you may recall, I know everything that needs to be known about cross
quads

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

"Sam" <Morris...@tesco.net.deletethisbit> wrote in message

> John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> > In article <88r21i$bnn$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
> > .deletethisbit> writes

> crossword?
> > >It

> > >It was 11 across.
> > >Getting 1 down was harder.
> > >
> > Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
> > I thought of you
>
> You couldn't tell the difference between
> a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.
>
> Are you any good at anagrams ?
> What's an anagram of monday

No, What's is an anagram of "thaws"

HTH

--
Lane Gray, dobroist(http://members.aol.com/e9c6zum/shesgone.wav), mead
maker, steel picker, Dagorhirim, husband, soon-to-be-ex-procrastinator.

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

> In article <j6g2bsgsuilgihkmi...@4ax.com>, J. Prescott
> <joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> writes
>

> >>That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing about

> >>anagrams
> >
> >He knows a damned sight more than you do about Cross Quads
> >
> As you may recall, I know everything that needs to be known about cross
> quads

Alright then smartarse.

Swindon Town
St John's Wood
Mackerel
Sunderland

--
Samson

Sam

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

Lane Gray, Czar Castic <e9c6z...@mwis.net> wrote in message

> > crossword?

> > > Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss,
once
> > > I thought of you
> >
> > You couldn't tell the difference between
> > a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.
> >
> > Are you any good at anagrams ?
> > What's an anagram of monday
>
> No,

dynamo

What's is an anagram of "thaws"

swath ?

--
Samson

Brian Skinner

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
"Lane Gray, Czar Castic" <e9c6z...@mwis.net> wrote:

> What's is an anagram of "thaws"

Is there an anagram of ether?

--
Brian

a plantigrade omnivore

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
"J.Prescott" wrote:

> Do you fancy a game of poker?

Yes. Table stakes, pot limit, Omaha Hi-lo 8's or better, no ante, 50p and
1quid blinds, OK?
[I just resigned from my current RL game and am looking for another to
join...]
--
chocolatechocolatechocolatechocolatechocolatechocolatechocolatechocolate

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <9gi2bsgif3sqjku3g...@4ax.com>, J. Prescott
<joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> writes

>>>He knows a damned sight more than you do about Cross Quads
>>>
>>As you may recall, I know everything that needs to be known about cross
>>quads
>
>Do you fancy a game of poker?

Who else will be playing?

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <88rk09$ga$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.
deletethisbit> writes

>John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <j6g2bsgsuilgihkmi...@4ax.com>, J. Prescott
>> <joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> writes

>> >He knows a damned sight more than you do about Cross Quads
>> >
>> As you may recall, I know everything that needs to be known about cross
>> quads
>
>Alright then smartarse.
>
>Swindon Town
>St John's Wood
>Mackerel
>Sunderland

That mackerel is an obvious red herring. What is it about you and the
smell of fish? (Don't answer)

John Lynch

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00
In article <88rlpo$5uo$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net.de
letethisbit> writes

>> > Are you any good at anagrams ?
>> > What's an anagram of monday
>>
>> No,
>
>dynamo

I knew that

Lane Gray, Czar Castic

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

"Brian Skinner" <br...@brisk.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Lane Gray, Czar Castic" <e9c6z...@mwis.net> wrote:
>
> > What's is an anagram of "thaws"
>
> Is there an anagram of ether?

By Jove, I guvax he's got it!

c o jones

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

> John Lynch wrote:
> > In article <88rafu$4nk$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam

> <Morris...@tesco.net.de
> > letethisbit> writes
> 'o' --
> better
> > >One word.
> > >That's cheating.
> > That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing
> about
> > anagrams
>
> Nah. We're just being deliberately obtuse.

I don't like Mondays

coj

Carl .LHS. Williams

Feb 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/21/00

Sam <Morris...@deletethisbit.tesco.net> wrote:

>John Lynch <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <88r21i$bnn$2...@barcode.tesco.net>, Sam <Morris...@tesco.net
>> .deletethisbit> writes

>crossword?
>> >It

>> >It was 11 across.
>> >Getting 1 down was harder.
>> >
>> Impossible. I still haven't got it. But 2 down was a piece of piss, once
>> I thought of you
>
>You couldn't tell the difference between
>a crossquad and an aardvark's arse.

I kno! An aardvark's arse is alliterative, innit?

>Are you any good at anagrams ?
>What's an anagram of monday

No it's not.

--
,-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Carl Williams, e-mail to <carl at : MAG #106893 : Yon Net |

John Lynch

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
In article <g1m3bskcgtdka74r9...@4ax.com>, J. Prescott
<joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> writes

>>>Do you fancy a game of poker?
>>>
>>Who else will be playing?
>

>Anyone else over whom eyes I can pull the wool easily

We'll need a big table, then

Guy King

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
The message <13m3bsoubs9hqbb17...@4ax.com>
from J.Prescott <joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> contains these words:

> >>Swindon Town
> >>St John's Wood
> >>Mackerel
> >>Sunderland
> >>
> >That mackerel is an obvious red herring.

> No it isn't. It's part of the clue. A very important part.

> The answer, btw, is Sunderland

Ain't it got summat to do with the subterranean railway?

--
| |\_/|
Guy King |~~(o o) My mother warned me about

Sam

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00

> >>Alright then smartarse.

> >>Swindon Town
> >>St John's Wood
> >>Mackerel
> >>Sunderland
> >>
> >That mackerel is an obvious red herring.
>
> No it isn't. It's part of the clue. A very important part.
>
> The answer, btw, is Sunderland

All crosquads have four answers.

The first answer is mackerel because that is a fish and the others are not.
Lynch getting that right admits him as an apprentice crossquader

The second answer is Sunderland for obvious reasons.
At this level you are a Mistress/Master.

The third answer makes you a Grand Master/Grand Mistress

I can say no more than that.

--
Samson

Thomas Rushton

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
c o jones wrote:
> Thomas Rushton <Thomas...@totalise.DONT.co.SPAM.uk> wrote in
message
> > John Lynch wrote:
> > > In article <88rafu$4nk$1...@epos.tesco.net>, Sam
> > <Morris...@tesco.net.de
> > > letethisbit> writes

> > > That's two words. I don't believe you understand the first thing
> > > about anagrams
> >
> > Nah. We're just being deliberately obtuse.
>
> I don't like Mondays

Tell me why?

Shape Moc

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
Brian Skinner wrote:

> Is there an anagram of ether?

Yes.

Three innit.

cheers
Shape Moc

a plantigrade omnivore

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
"J.Prescott" wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:36:58 +0000, a plantigrade omnivore
> <2000021...@mcc.ac.uk20000218> wrote:

> >"J.Prescott" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you fancy a game of poker?
> >>

> >Yes. Table stakes, pot limit, Omaha Hi-lo 8's or better, no ante, 50p and
> >1quid blinds, OK?
> >[I just resigned from my current RL game and am looking for another to
> >join...]
>
> Why did you resign?

Several reasons.
One was that despite having a rule saying you don't take cash off the table
unless you're leaving the session, they let somebody do it, and, further,
claimed not to see why I found it objectionable. Well, it wasn't actually
quite that simple, but that's the gist: they said the chips hadn't left the
table as he lent them to another player who wanted to re-buy after busting
out.
Another reason is that I lose. I'm an asset to any game, as the others can be
fairly sure of taking money off me. In truth, though, I can only really
afford limit with those blinds, or half pot with slightly smaller blinds.
A third reason is that I'm just generally suffering from February. As one
does.
--
Clear your office of detestable youngsters instantly:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realplayer/index.html

a plantigrade omnivore

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
"J.Prescott" wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:50:51 +0000, John Lynch
> <jly...@ldta.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In article <9gi2bsgif3sqjku3g...@4ax.com>, J. Prescott
> ><joannap...@cableinet.co.uk> writes

> >>Do you fancy a game of poker?
> >>

> >Who else will be playing?
>
> Anyone else over whom eyes I can pull the wool easily

oh, strip poker.

Wumpus

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00

a plantigrade omnivore <2000021...@mcc.ac.uk20000218> wrote in message

> > >Who else will be playing?
> >
> > Anyone else over whom eyes I can pull the wool easily
>
> oh, strip poker.

Cultured lot, bain't they?

Spit in the ocean, anybody?
My papa taught me to play poker with a slide rule.

Wumpus.

John Lynch

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
In article <p6xs4.5021$74.1...@nnrp3.clara.net>, Wumpus
<Wum...@cherryjam.freeuk.com> writes

>> > Anyone else over whom eyes I can pull the wool easily
>>
>> oh, strip poker.
>
>Cultured lot, bain't they?
>
>Spit in the ocean, anybody?
>My papa taught me to play poker with a slide rule.

Did the slide rule win?
--
John Lynch

'Nothing on this earth that I have seen is bleaker than a drizzly winter
afternoon in Catford' Paul Theroux

Wumpus

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00

> >> oh, strip poker.
> >
> >Cultured lot, bain't they?
> >
> >Spit in the ocean, anybody?
> >My papa taught me to play poker with a slide rule.
> >
> Did the slide rule win?
> --

No. My father won because my maths isn't all that good.

Haven't you got any work to do? What you doing nattering garbage on usenet
at three in the afternoon? Why aren't you out there earning an honest crust?

Very suspicious from one who is so full of himself.. I suspect a fraud,
here.

Wumpus.

John Lynch

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
In article <iSxs4.5039$74.1...@nnrp3.clara.net>, Wumpus
<Wum...@cherryjam.freeuk.com> writes
And I suspect a crabby (and extremely nosey) old bat

And wtf do you mean, 'full of himself'? A more retiring person than me
it would be hard to find

Wumpus

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00

> And I suspect a crabby (and extremely nosey) old bat

Oh, don't I wish,

Snigger.

Wumpus - flap-flap-flap...

Guy King

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
The message <r506bssh0sha5eqk8...@4ax.com>
from Ron Clark <Ro...@vanb.freeserve.co.uk> contains these words:

> >> And I suspect a crabby (and extremely nosey) old bat
> >
> >Oh, don't I wish,
> >>

> The bat went in, first wicket down, and was out for a duck

Did someone bowl a maiden over?

Bob Goddard

Feb 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/22/00
Wumpus rolled over, had a good scratch, belched loudly, then mumbled...

>> >Cultured lot, bain't they?
>> >
>> >Spit in the ocean, anybody?
>> >My papa taught me to play poker with a slide rule.
>> >
>> Did the slide rule win?
>> --
>
>No. My father won because my maths isn't all that good.
>
>Haven't you got any work to do? What you doing nattering garbage on usenet
>at three in the afternoon? Why aren't you out there earning an honest crust?
>
>Very suspicious from one who is so full of himself.. I suspect a fraud,
>here.
>
>Wumpus.

Wumpus, stop annoying the animals in the next cage. And don't forget we
can still hear what you're saying, so you go and wipe out that rude word
up there.

(Bob

(still smoking an elephant)
--
>---B---------| International Goatkeepers Society |---NB - "News"--->
Goddard | membership number 001855 | may be updated
>---b---------| |--occasionally--->
http://www.godwit.demon.co.uk/sheds.html

Wumpus

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

Ron Clark <Ro...@vanb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Wumpus" <Wumpus@cherryjam(nostones).freeuk.com> wrote to uk.rec.sheds
> to say this (or some of this) on Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:35:47 GMT

> >> And I suspect a crabby (and extremely nosey) old bat
> >
> >Oh, don't I wish,
> >>

> The bat went in, first wicket down, and was out for a duck
>
> Rºn©

Now, now. Don't you be sarcastic. No ducks about that afternoon.
I leave that to Hick. Hick. Hick.

Quack-quack-quack.

W.

Wumpus

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

> Wumpus, stop annoying the animals in the next cage. And don't forget we
> can still hear what you're saying, so you go and wipe out that rude word
> up there.

Wheeeep? Sent to the corner to suck me thumb.

W.

Lindsay Endell

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:57:13 +0000, a plantigrade omnivore

> <2000021...@mcc.ac.uk20000218> wrote:
>
> >A third reason is that I'm just generally suffering from
> >February. As one does.
>
> One does indeed. The only ways to get through February are sleep
> and drugs, preferably both. Thank goodness it's fairly short.

This is obviously where I'm going wrong. More sleep and more drugs,
please.

Linz

a plantigrade omnivore

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
Bob Goddard wrote:

> (still smoking an elephant)

You related to that Hugh Fearlessly-Eatsitall then?
He likes to stick animals up his chimbley.

--
Ah, the smell of hot cat wee on vinyl flooring first thing in the morning.....

a plantigrade omnivore

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
Shape Moc wrote:

> Brian Skinner wrote:
>
> > Is there an anagram of ether?
>
> Yes.
>
> Three innit.

There are three anagrams of ether, but luckily none of them end in 'gry'.
What is the third word in the English language? Choose your dictionary well
and it might be aardvark. Which would be nice. Look, folks, my Netscape just
remembered where scb is!

Jon Thompson

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00

> Guy King wrote to uk.rec.sheds to say this (or some of this) on Tue,
> 22 Feb 2000 22:12:31 GMT

> >The message <r506bssh0sha5eqk8...@4ax.com>
> > from Ron Clark <Ro...@vanb.freeserve.co.uk> contains these words:

> >> The bat went in, first wicket down, and was out for a duck
> >
> >Did someone bowl a maiden over?
>
> Nah, he couldn't handle the sticky wicket or the googlies.
> He tried to snick one down past fine leg but played on and the umpire
> stuck his finger up.

did anyone take a full toss in the crease at all?

--
Jon "Terwur@" Thompson

Hear music for FREE at http://www.mp3.com/counttofour

"Spike lives in his head. He actually LIVES in his head..."

Carl .LHS. Williams

Feb 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/23/00
In article <38B3DE63...@mcc.ac.uk20000218>,

a plantigrade omnivore <2000021...@mcc.ac.uk20000218> wrote:
>Shape Moc wrote:
>>
>> Brian Skinner wrote:
>>
>> > Is there an anagram of ether?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> Three innit.
>
>There are three anagrams of ether, but luckily none of them end in 'gry'.
>What is the third word in the English language?

Age. Unless you're doing overlaps in which case it's "an", or, if yer
allow the obsolete "glish" *and* overlaps then it's "a". I reckon.
(Oh, I spose you mite wanna count the the, innit, and the he in the...)
And "en" might be a word to a printer, n'all. And "la" to Mary Poppins.
Hmm, there are quite a few words in the English language, innit?

Lindsay Endell

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00

"Carl .LHS. Williams" <ca...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <38B3DE63...@mcc.ac.uk20000218>,
> a plantigrade omnivore <2000021...@mcc.ac.uk20000218> wrote:
> >
> >There are three anagrams of ether, but luckily none of them end in
'gry'.
> >What is the third word in the English language?
>
> Age. Unless you're doing overlaps in which case it's "an", or, if
yer
> allow the obsolete "glish" *and* overlaps then it's "a". I reckon.
> (Oh, I spose you mite wanna count the the, innit, and the he in
the...)
> And "en" might be a word to a printer, n'all. And "la" to Mary
Poppins.
> Hmm, there are quite a few words in the English language, innit?

I shall cherish this post and keep it ready for the next time lbooyd
'gry' comes up in alt.usage.english...

Linz

Bob Goddard

Feb 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/24/00
a plantigrade omnivore rolled over, had a good scratch, belched loudly,
then mumbled...

>Bob Goddard wrote:
>
>> (still smoking an elephant)
>
>You related to that Hugh Fearlessly-Eatsitall then?

I sincerely hope not.

>He likes to stick animals up his chimbley.

I'd like to stick an elephant up his chimbley.

(Bob

(curing warts)

Lindsay Endell

Feb 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/25/00

"Bob Goddard" <new...@godwit.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> a plantigrade omnivore rolled over, had a good scratch, belched
loudly,
> then mumbled...
> >Bob Goddard wrote:
> >
> >> (still smoking an elephant)
> >
> >You related to that Hugh Fearlessly-Eatsitall then?
>
> I sincerely hope not.
>
> >He likes to stick animals up his chimbley.
>
> I'd like to stick an elephant up his chimbley.

Ooo, no, Huge Fearlessly Eatsitall is wonderful! A sort of kitchen
variant of Adam Hart-Davies.

Linz