Oh look its raining again

Brian Gaff

Feb 22, 2024, 4:15:00 AMFeb 22
In the last day or so there does seem to have been a lot of very hard rain,
even hail at one point, which points to some very high cloud tops, yet its
not that cold outside but the hectopascals ie Milibars, are dropping.
Which reminds me Have we all got to start calling a barometer a
hectopascalmeter now?
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Kerr-Mudd, John

Feb 22, 2024, 5:44:13 AMFeb 22
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:14:52 -0000
"Brian Gaff" <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the last day or so there does seem to have been a lot of very hard rain,
> even hail at one point, which points to some very high cloud tops, yet its
> not that cold outside but the hectopascals ie Milibars, are dropping.
> Which reminds me Have we all got to start calling a barometer a
> hectopascalmeter now?

I refuse to. (Gosh, I'm getting to be quite a feisty sort these days)

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Abandoned Trolley

Feb 22, 2024, 7:12:29 AMFeb 22
On 22/02/2024 09:14, Brian Gaff wrote:
> In the last day or so there does seem to have been a lot of very hard rain,
> even hail at one point, which points to some very high cloud tops, yet its
> not that cold outside but the hectopascals ie Milibars, are dropping.
> Which reminds me Have we all got to start calling a barometer a
> hectopascalmeter now?
> Brian

One of my neighbours has a barometer which has a scale calibrated in "Torr"

Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Feb 22, 2024, 7:30:03 AMFeb 22
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:14:52 -0000
"Brian Gaff" <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which reminds me Have we all got to start calling a barometer a
> hectopascalmeter now?

A pascalometer or a pasometer perhaps, after all it isn't a
milibarometer.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Richard Robinson

Feb 22, 2024, 8:04:23 AMFeb 22
Ahem A Rivet's Shot said:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:14:52 -0000
> "Brian Gaff" <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Which reminds me Have we all got to start calling a barometer a
>> hectopascalmeter now?
>
> A pascalometer or a pasometer perhaps, after all it isn't a
> milibarometer.

"A machine for measuring the weight of the sky".

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Tim+

Feb 22, 2024, 8:34:20 AMFeb 22
Generating 5kW from the sun here in SW Scotland (between the odd shower).
;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Richard Robinson

Feb 22, 2024, 8:55:07 AMFeb 22
Tim+ said:
> Generating 5kW from the sun here in SW Scotland (between the odd shower).
> ;-)

How odd ? Fish ? Have you got puddles of Forteans all over the fields ?