Comic Relief Sketch

1 view

Steve Smith

Mar 6, 2001, 2:57:25 PM3/6/01
I'm trying to write a sketch for our group leaders to perform for comic
relief. I want to base it on that old sketch with the two Ronnies and John
Cleese with the upper class man, the middle class man and the working class
man, with the "I look up to him" bits, but replace the classes with a BSL,
CSL SL and VSL.

If that makes sense to anybody, does anyone know where I can find the
original script to work from?

Steve.

Dave Mayall

Mar 10, 2001, 8:25:38 AM3/10/01

I haven't tracked the original script down (yet), but the sketch was
called "Three Classes" and appeared on one of David Frost's early
comedy shows.

--
Dave Mayall

SL 7th Stalybridge

Andy

Mar 11, 2001, 4:47:36 AM3/11/01

"Dave Mayall" <david....@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:57:25 -0000, "Steve Smith"
> <steve...@unforgettable.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to write a sketch for our group leaders to perform for comic
> >relief. I want to base it on that old sketch with the two Ronnies and
John
> >Cleese with the upper class man, the middle class man and the working
class
> >man, with the "I look up to him" bits, but replace the classes with a
BSL,
> >CSL SL and VSL.
> >
> >If that makes sense to anybody, does anyone know where I can find the
> >original script to work from?

I have a book somewhere with the script in it. Mo More Curries Eggs for Me
IIRC.
If I find it I will post or email the script.

Andy

Carl Monk

Mar 14, 2001, 2:53:10 PM3/14/01
"Steve Smith" <steve...@unforgettable.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to write a sketch for our group leaders to perform for comic
> relief. I want to base it on that old sketch with the two Ronnies and
John
> Cleese with the upper class man, the middle class man and the working
class
> man, with the "I look up to him" bits, but replace the classes with a BSL,
> CSL SL and VSL.

Found it!

Requested it in alt.comedy.british and low, someone responded to my cry!

YiS & HTH

Carl
ASL Endeavour Sea Scouts - Uxbridge - GLMW

--Begin Sketch--

Three Men on Class =-Marty Feldman & John Law.

CLEESE: I look down on him (Barker) because I am upper-class.
BARKER: I look up to him (Cleese) because he is upper-class;
but I look down on him (Corbett) because he is
lower-class. I am middle-class.
CORBETT: I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don't look up
to him (Barker) as much as I look up to him (Cleese),
because he has got innate breeding.
CLEESE: I have got innate breeding, but i have not got any money.
So sometimes I look up (bends knees, does so) to him
(Barker).
BARKER: I still lookup to him (Cleese) because although I
have money, I am vulgar. But I am not as vulgar as him
(Corbett) so I still look down on him (Corbett).
CORBETT: I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am
poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy. Had I
the inclination, I could look down on them. But
I don't.
BARKER: We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?
CLEESE: I get a feeling of superiority over them.
BARKER: I get a feeling of inferiority from him, (Cleese), but
a feeling of superiority over him (Corbett).
CORBETT: I get a pain in the back of my neck.
Chris....@epicureDotdemon.co.uk (Substitute '.' for Dot!)
"Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another". (H. L. Mencken)

Steve Smith

Mar 17, 2001, 12:04:19 PM3/17/01
Carl Monk wrote in message <3aafcc26$1...@funky-badger.org.invalid>...

>"Steve Smith" <steve...@unforgettable.com> wrote in message