Naturism in Hertfordshire

chris lowe

Aug 7, 2006, 2:01:14 PM8/7/06
Hi everyone,
I've just moved to Stevenage and was wondering if there are any naturist
clubs in the area or people who are naturists who would like to meet up.
Unfortunately I'm in a flat so I'm not able to host any one.
PLEASE help
Chris

Duncan Heenan

Aug 7, 2006, 2:16:08 PM8/7/06
"chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I suggest you contact commercia...@british-naturism.org.uk and see if
he can suggest clubs for you to apply to join. I believe there are several
nor far from you.

blondie64

Aug 7, 2006, 3:36:13 PM8/7/06

"chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
There are 3 landed clubs just outside St Albans and swims at Bedford and
Watford all within a 20-30 minutes drive from Stevenage plus there is a club
of sorts in Baldock just up the road.

Alex Heney

Aug 7, 2006, 5:39:00 PM8/7/06
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:01:14 GMT, "chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

Candles in Baldock has clothing optional sessions (and some nudity
required) in their "wet" area (steam room, Sauna, plunge pool.

I used to go there regularly on a Monday night when I worked in
Hitchin for a few months, and they were a very pleasant, friendly
crowd.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I'm spending a year dead for tax purposes.

Steve Doerr

Aug 7, 2006, 5:59:16 PM8/7/06
chris lowe wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've just moved to Stevenage and was wondering if there are any naturist
> clubs in the area

Yes, lots: Spielplatz (Bricket Wood), Sun-Folk (Bricket Wood), Fiveacres
(Bricket Wood), and Diogenes (Rickmansworth) spring to mind.

See
<http://www.armage.demon.co.uk/nuff/venues/summary_s.html#hertfordshire>
for the first three,
<http://www.armage.demon.co.uk/nuff/venues/summary_s.html#buckinghamshire>
for the last (although it's actually in Hertfordshire).

--
Steve

chris lowe

Aug 8, 2006, 2:34:41 PM8/8/06
Thanks everyone for the info on clubs I will look into those.
Are there any open spaces that are secluded and not too busy where one can
go and relax if I don't have time - and money - to go to a club.
Where I've moved from there was a great piece of countryside where lots of
us used to gather and the general public didn't really bat an eyelid.....

"Steve Doerr" <REVERSEdo...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

blondie64

Aug 8, 2006, 3:14:24 PM8/8/06

> Thanks everyone for the info on clubs I will look into those.
> Are there any open spaces that are secluded and not too busy where one can
> go and relax if I don't have time - and money - to go to a club.
> Where I've moved from there was a great piece of countryside where lots of
> us used to gather and the general public didn't really bat an eyelid.....

think they just built on one great walk with the Baldock by-pass but it was
needed!
maybe out towards Watton-On/At-Stone or Aston or Bennington or St.
Ippolitis!
if go towards Watton-On -Stone could get the train back or across Welwyn
North tunnels!

blondie64

Aug 8, 2006, 3:16:12 PM8/8/06

"blondie64" <richard....@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
have walked across tunnels to Knebworth and caught train back to Welwyn
North but was dressed. took just under 2 hours!

Jerry

Aug 9, 2006, 4:59:27 AM8/9/06

"chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I've just moved to Stevenage <snip>

My deepest sympathy!

Jerry, who remembers Stevenage before the Old Town was wrecked... :~(

chris lowe

Aug 13, 2006, 8:39:30 AM8/13/06
I got in contact with Candles - it's now The Maltings Naturist Spa. Popped
in on Saturday - unfortunately they're shut saturdays for the summer - but
picked up a price list. 15pounds a visit for a non visitor or 60 pounds a
year membership and 10pound a visit. Bit too pricey for me I'm afraid.

AndyC

Aug 13, 2006, 9:54:39 AM8/13/06

>I got in contact with Candles - it's now The Maltings Naturist Spa. Popped
> in on Saturday - unfortunately they're shut saturdays for the summer - but
> picked up a price list. 15pounds a visit for a non visitor or 60 pounds a
> year membership and 10pound a visit. Bit too pricey for me I'm afraid.

That price sounds quite reasonable!

If we want businesses to offer naturist facilities then we have to accept that they
will want to cover their overheads and make a profit too.

However, looking at their website at http://www.themaltingsnaturistspa.co.uk/ it
states "if you are broadminded couple" and in their jobs section it states "The
Malting Naturist Spa has vacancies for Attractive Female Naturist Masseurs" which
implies that they are offering a bit more than their name alone suggests. The link on
the bottom of the front page seems to confirm this.

Is this a naturist facility? Or another place which uses "naturist" as a euphemism for
summat else?

chris lowe

Aug 13, 2006, 3:01:48 PM8/13/06
Still a bit too expensive for my budget.
I'm just looking to meet up with fellow naturists, I don't need a spa or
gym, just someones back garden or some wide open space........

"AndyC" <web-...@andycrawford.net> wrote in message

Alex Heney

Aug 13, 2006, 4:42:08 PM8/13/06
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:39:30 GMT, "chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>"chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>> I've just moved to Stevenage and was wondering if there are any naturist
>> clubs in the area or people who are naturists who would like to meet up.
>> Unfortunately I'm in a flat so I'm not able to host any one.
>> PLEASE help
>> Chris
>>

>I got in contact with Candles - it's now The Maltings Naturist Spa. Popped
>in on Saturday - unfortunately they're shut saturdays for the summer - but
>picked up a price list. 15pounds a visit for a non visitor or 60 pounds a
>year membership and 10pound a visit. Bit too pricey for me I'm afraid.

That's a pity. It used to be a lot cheaper than that (although this
was about 7 years ago).

I seem to recall a charge of about £4 per visit for members, and
membership being about £15 per year.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager

Do steam rollers really roll steam?

Pat

Aug 16, 2006, 5:43:24 AM8/16/06

"chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Have you considered Spielplatz http://spielplatzoasis.co.uk .
The oldest club in the UK, founded in 1929. It is residential, for holidays
and day visits, and St Albans is only about half hour from Steveange.
Pat.

Suzanne Piper

Aug 16, 2006, 5:47:36 AM8/16/06
It also has a lovely 20 metre heated pool, catering, a bar, clubhouse,
sports facilities and lots of sunbathing lawns as well as shady areas if
you have had enough of the sun. And the sun is out at the moment.
Lots of social activities as well.
A really friendly and helpful crowd.
Suzanne

Pat

Aug 16, 2006, 6:10:14 AM8/16/06

"Suzanne Piper" <sp...@shabden.co.uk> wrote in message

I was going to say all that Suzanne, but I thought to go to the web site and
see the pics etc. would be good too. But, of course, all endorsements help.
I will see you there next weekend. Hope Tigga is feeling better.
Pat.

Allan C Kidney

Aug 16, 2006, 6:19:55 AM8/16/06
Pat wrote:

The Fiveacres Club was started a couple of years earlier in 1927,or
perhaps even earlier. Anyone know of an earlier club that is still
operating?

Another Hertfordshire club formed at around the same time was The
Sun-Folk Society which started in 1931.

Allan.

Suzanne Piper

Aug 16, 2006, 7:30:51 AM8/16/06
Tigger seems to be fine as lording it over the others. Graham seems to
think this is a good place for grub but Louise thinks otherwise so a bit
of a punch-up last night with Benny looking on. Louis just hides under
the bed and Daisy is just being Daisy.
Seems to be a contingent going to Abbey House gardens on Saturday - mini
bus and some cars as well from the latest count.
As I said folks its a good social life here (and the names above - four
are mine and two were already here - cats!)
Shabden had its meeting here last Sunday and were joined in a barbecue
by quite a few on site - with some heath Robinson type modifications we
managed despite the intermittent downpours.

The big plus about Spielplatz is that it is not complicated to visit -
for a day visit you turn up on the gate with ID and pay your day visit
fee. It is easily accessable by both car and public transport - full
details on the website.
So hopefully will see lots of you here.
We live at 49A just beyond the club-house.
Suzanne

Pat

Aug 16, 2006, 7:59:10 AM8/16/06

"Suzanne Piper" <sp...@shabden.co.uk> wrote in message

I hope may place on the mini bus is safe.
Give my love to Ian & Rick.
Pat.

Simon Allen

Aug 16, 2006, 8:11:25 PM8/16/06
Pat wrote:
> Have you considered Spielplatz http://spielplatzoasis.co.uk
Unfortunately, the originator of this thread said that money was a major
problem. He considered the evenings at Candles as being too expensive -
so we shall not be seeing him at Spiel. He was asking about fields or
open spaces that were out of sight and harm's way.

Simon

Susan Hassett

Aug 17, 2006, 3:28:23 AM8/17/06

Suzanne Piper wrote

<snip>

> Seems to be a contingent going to Abbey House gardens on Saturday - mini
> bus and some cars as well from the latest count.

We plan to go tomorrow (Friday) if the weather is OK. Unfortuately the
Yahoo weather forecast for Malmesbury is currently showing rain/thunder and
a high of 18C for tomorrow, so maybe not.

Susan

chris lowe

Aug 17, 2006, 7:40:13 AM8/17/06
Hi everyone, thanks for all the suggestions.
Spielplatz and Candles do look great but unfortunately I do have a limited
budget. You have all given me some great ideas for the future but still
looking for anywhere classed as out of the way.
Cheers

chris lowe

Aug 19, 2006, 11:35:38 AM8/19/06
Hi everyone again.
Thanks for the replies to my last post on this subject.
I am looking for any open and generally quiet countryside to go for walks
and relax in the area around Stevenage. Any ideas?
Cheers
Chris

Duncan Heenan

Aug 20, 2006, 6:44:55 AM8/20/06

"chris lowe" <Din...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Try buying an Ordnance Survey map of the area.
It might be more productive that repeatedly posting the same question here.

blondie64

Aug 22, 2006, 11:02:22 AM8/22/06
I think they just built on one great walk with the Baldock by-pass but it
was needed!believe there was a group that used to walk that way when I first
started to search the web for Naturist info?

maybe out towards Watton-On/At-Stone or Aston or Bennington or St.
Ippolitis!
if go towards Watton-On -Stone could get the train back or across Welwyn
North tunnels!
have walked across tunnels to Knebworth and caught train back to Welwyn
North but was dressed. took just under 2 hours!
As suggested look at an ordance survey maps of area's I suggested and see
how remote they go, all are very accessible from Stevenage.
I do concur with you that cost of joining BN, clubs and facilities does shy
me away from mixing with others, but the club soleil swim is fairly friendly
though now the nearest they run is Bedford as they had to stop useing
Letchworth and affordable if thats your bag - not mine I've decided as felt
lost without Clare and she's not prepared to do the pool thing, only topless
on a beach.

BOBFLI...@yahoo.co.uk

Aug 10, 2016, 6:00:25 PM8/10/16
Hi
I am a naturist and live in Stevenage and I am looking for someone to be pals with.
I would like to meet you for a coffee and a chat if you like
If interested send me an e-mail to ( bobfli...@yahoo.co.uk }
Regards Bob

BOBFLI...@yahoo.co.uk

Aug 11, 2016, 3:40:16 AM8/11/16
Hi Chris.
There is a meeting of the Milton Keynes meet and greet at fiveacres on Sundat 21st Aug I am going would you like to come with me.
Please reply to my e-mail address ( bobfli...@yahoo.co.uk )
Regards Bob.

pogue....@gmx.co.uk

Aug 25, 2016, 5:01:16 PM8/25/16
Still bullshitting I see Jerry.

Compare these:

Stevenage New Town Designation Order confirmed 11 November 1946

Birth of Jeremy L Ellison in the Hitchin Registration District recorded at St Catherine's House as occurring in the third quarter of 1961

The New Town had been there for 15 years before you could even realise it you prat!

stuart.sou...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 6:55:02 AM4/7/17
On Monday, August 7, 2006 at 7:01:14 PM UTC+1, chris lowe wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've just moved to Stevenage and was wondering if there are any naturist
> clubs in the area or people who are naturists who would like to meet up.
> Unfortunately I'm in a flat so I'm not able to host any one.
> PLEASE help
> Chris

Hi Looking to meet like minded btw Iam Gay.

Stuart

pool...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2017, 1:46:17 AM7/13/17
is there any of these meets and greets in 2017?

ingram....@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2017, 4:48:18 PM7/14/17

Peter O'Connor

Apr 15, 2018, 11:27:57 AM4/15/18
Hi
I'm also in Stevenage and looking for any similar person locally who I can share my naturist interest with. Thanks
Peter

coolashdo...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2020, 8:13:09 AM3/7/20
Any naturists in Stevenage seeking a room?

coolashdo...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2020, 8:20:14 AM3/7/20
Yep I'm Doug and a gay naturist where in Stevenage are you?

coolashdo...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2020, 8:39:03 AM3/7/20
The email address is not fully shown but yes I'm Doug and if you're still in Stevenage I'd meet up for a coffee.

BOBFLI...@yahoo.co.uk

Oct 27, 2021, 1:16:22 PM10/27/21
On Saturday, 7 March 2020 at 13:39:03 UTC, coolashdo...@gmail.com wrote:
> The email address is not fully shown but yes I'm Doug and if you're still in Stevenage I'd meet up for a coffee.
hi
I am bob and looking for somewhere to spend time naked any sugastions