Does anyone read this newsgroup any more?

Tina

May 4, 2019, 12:46:18 PM5/4/19
Is there anyone there??

Bob Hobden

May 4, 2019, 6:02:34 PM5/4/19
On 4 May 2019 17:46, Tina wrote:
> Is there anyone there??

yes, but like you I await a meaningful post.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Tina

May 22, 2019, 1:21:39 AM5/22/19
On 04/05/2019 23:02, Bob Hobden wrote:
> On 4 May 2019 17:46, Tina wrote:
>> Is there anyone there??
>>

> yes, but like you I await a meaningful post.

I thought my butterfly post was meaningful, I found it impossible to
navigate the Butterfly Conservation website to report my February Comma.
I went through all the hoops, then their site said it refused to
recognise my device. It needs to be easier than this otherwise they'll
miss important reports. Someone needs to tell them, but obviously it
can't be me as it doesn't recognise my computer!

Nice to see you again, Bob.

Mike Coon

May 22, 2019, 5:25:44 AM5/22/19
In article <gkk4j1...@mid.individual.net>,
christin...@gmail.com says...

> I thought my butterfly post was meaningful, I found it impossible to
> navigate the Butterfly Conservation website to report my February Comma.
> I went through all the hoops, then their site said it refused to
> recognise my device. It needs to be easier than this otherwise they'll
> miss important reports. Someone needs to tell them, but obviously it
> can't be me as it doesn't recognise my computer!

Sounds a bit technical!

Mike.

Tina

May 24, 2019, 6:26:48 PM5/24/19
Just for interest, Mike, try to report a butterfly on the Butterfly
Conservation Trust website yourself and tell me how you you get on. My
25 February Comma went unreported because their site was so difficult.

Mike Coon

May 25, 2019, 3:26:55 AM5/25/19
In article <gkr9d6...@mid.individual.net>,
christin...@gmail.com says...
OK, I've had a look and my conclusion is that they are actively trying
to discourage casual records of single butterflies, despite some
comments in their introductions. This does not really surprise me,
although the contradiction is unfortunate. Compare with the RSPB/BTO
schemes "garden birdwatch" which although I'm sure comes up with some
statistics is more about publicity, versus their "constant effort"
schemes which try to normalise the human aspects.