The first swallow of spring

Michael Bell

May 7, 2015, 4:03:23 AM5/7/15
I saw the first swallow of spring this morning. I could hardly believe
it, so early! Yet it undoubtedly was a swallow, patrolling round
Killingworth lakes (Newcastle), swooping and skimming. I don't think
there are many flying insects at this time, but it looked in earnest.

Michael

--

---

Nogood Boyo

May 7, 2015, 12:37:47 PM5/7/15

"Michael Bell" <mic...@beaverbell.co.uk> wrote in message
>I saw the first swallow of spring this morning. I could hardly believe
> it, so early! Yet it undoubtedly was a swallow, patrolling round
> Killingworth lakes (Newcastle), swooping and skimming. I don't think
> there are many flying insects at this time, but it looked in earnest.

Eh..? As usual, I saw swallows in South Wales in mid April and there are
reports by others in uk.rec.birdwatching of early-April sightings.

--
Nogood Boyo

Peter James

May 8, 2015, 2:20:09 AM5/8/15
We've had them here in North Cornwall since mid April at the very least.

Peter
--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797