Happy St. Pancake's Day

1 view

HooDooWitch

Feb 24, 2004, 4:49:11 AM2/24/04
Yes, it's that time of the year when we remember St. Saviour E Pancake
and all that he did, selflessly working wih the world's tossers,
lemons, and tirelessly promoting the entire pancake race.

--
HooDooWitch

"Season to taste."

mups

Feb 24, 2004, 4:53:19 AM2/24/04
HooDooWitch <mic...@disney.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's that time of the year when we remember St. Saviour E Pancake
> and all that he did, selflessly working wih the world's tossers,
> lemons, and tirelessly promoting the entire pancake race.

Fuck me is it pancake day already, spring will soon be here.

--
Chris (XChr...@Xchurchstone.comX) Remove X's for address
BOTAFOT#128

dwb

Feb 24, 2004, 5:19:42 AM2/24/04

"mups" <mu...@chrisNOTREALADDR.com> wrote in message

> HooDooWitch <mic...@disney.com> wrote:
> > Yes, it's that time of the year when we remember St. Saviour E Pancake
> > and all that he did, selflessly working wih the world's tossers,
> > lemons, and tirelessly promoting the entire pancake race.
>
> Fuck me is it pancake day already, spring will soon be here.

<looks at snow>

I wish it would bloody hurry up.

Cane

Feb 24, 2004, 5:19:46 AM2/24/04
"HooDooWitch" <mic...@disney.com> wrote in message

> Yes, it's that time of the year when we remember St. Saviour E Pancake
> and all that he did, selflessly working wih the world's tossers,
> lemons, and tirelessly promoting the entire pancake race.

Aha. And there was me thinking it was something to do with using up
perishable foodstuffs before Lent.

--
cane ¦ fireblade, r30, sr125 [sold]

William Grainger

Feb 24, 2004, 9:19:57 AM2/24/04
In article <c1f8ig$1iepqd$1...@ID-97762.news.uni-berlin.de>,

You giving up Stella for lent then?

Christofire

Feb 24, 2004, 9:32:14 AM2/24/04
In article <c1fmid$31k$1...@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>, William Grainger
says...

Is Stella perishable? Does it "go off"?[1]

[1] waits for beardy real-ale types to cut in with "well it can't get
any worse"

Catman

Feb 24, 2004, 9:41:31 AM2/24/04
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:32:14 -0000, Christofire <ch...@ukrm.org>
wrote:

>In article <c1fmid$31k$1...@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>, William Grainger
>says...
>> In article <c1f8ig$1iepqd$1...@ID-97762.news.uni-berlin.de>,
>> Cane <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:
>> >"HooDooWitch" <mic...@disney.com> wrote in message

>> >Aha. And there was me thinking it was something to do with using up
>> >perishable foodstuffs before Lent.
>>
>> You giving up Stella for lent then?
>
>Is Stella perishable? Does it "go off"?[1]

We did this a while back

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7

HooDooWitch

Feb 24, 2004, 10:02:38 AM2/24/04
Catman <cat...@cuore-rustsportivo.co.uk> somehow managed to post:

>On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:32:14 -0000, Christofire <ch...@ukrm.org>
>wrote:
>
>>In article <c1fmid$31k$1...@pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>, William Grainger
>>says...

>>> You giving up Stella for lent then?
>>
>>Is Stella perishable? Does it "go off"?[1]
>
>We did this a while back

Perhaps we can google for the thread to see if it's gone off?

CT

Feb 24, 2004, 10:07:04 AM2/24/04

> Perhaps we can google for the thread to see if it's gone off?

Searched Groups for stella group:uk.rec.motorcycles.*. in
uk.rec.motorcycles.*
Results 1 - 10 of about 1,070. Search took 0.40 seconds

HTH
--
Chris

ZX-9R (in green, obviously) BOTAFOT#51

Cane

Feb 24, 2004, 10:43:59 AM2/24/04
"William Grainger" <wfg...@mrao.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

> >> Yes, it's that time of the year when we remember St. Saviour E Pancake
> >> and all that he did, selflessly working wih the world's tossers,
> >> lemons, and tirelessly promoting the entire pancake race.
> >
> >Aha. And there was me thinking it was something to do with using up
> >perishable foodstuffs before Lent.
>
> You giving up Stella for lent then?

I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...

Paul Corfield

Feb 24, 2004, 1:15:49 PM2/24/04
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:43:59 -0000, "Cane" <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:

>"William Grainger" <wfg...@mrao.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

>> You giving up Stella for lent then?
>
>I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...

... again! How many times is it now?
--
Paul C - "the big camp bastard" (tm d.a.r.s.y)
VFR800 | ZX6R | R1150GS

Cane

Feb 24, 2004, 3:06:16 PM2/24/04
"Paul Corfield" <aoo...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> >> You giving up Stella for lent then?
> >
> >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
>
> ... again! How many times is it now?

Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.

--
cane [at] ukrm.org ¦ fireblade, r30, sr125 [sold]

Lozzo

Feb 24, 2004, 3:10:22 PM2/24/04
Previously on usenet, Cane said...

> "Paul Corfield" <aoo...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> > >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
> >
> > ... again! How many times is it now?
>
> Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.

It's over here, round my waist

--
Lozzo : The anti-Timo
ZZR1100D, GPZ500S, CB250RS x3

Paul Corfield

Feb 24, 2004, 3:16:44 PM2/24/04
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:06:16 -0000, "Cane" <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:

>"Paul Corfield" <aoo...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

>> >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
>>
>> ... again! How many times is it now?
>
>Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.

how long before it gets added back on again?

You don't get extra gold stars for repeatedly losing the same weight you
know.

Ben Blaney

Feb 24, 2004, 3:20:53 PM2/24/04
Paul Corfield wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:06:16 -0000, "Cane" <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:
>
>>Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.
>
>how long before it gets added back on again?
>
>You don't get extra gold stars for repeatedly losing the same weight you
>know.

I think he's probably worried that the women in his life might see the
appeal in someone younger and less fat...

<fx: modest glow>

--
Ben Blaney
GSF1200 VFR800 CBR600 CD200

Old Fart at Play

Feb 24, 2004, 3:23:02 PM2/24/04
Christofire wrote:

> > You giving up Stella for lent then?
>
> Is Stella perishable? Does it "go off"?[1]
>
> [1] waits for beardy real-ale types to cut in with "well it can't get
> any worse"

Just let me put a little more rancid Budweiser on my beard
and I'll show you how....

Boots Blakeley

Feb 24, 2004, 4:19:05 PM2/24/04
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:06:16 -0000, "Cane" <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:

>> >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
>>
>> ... again! How many times is it now?
>
>Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.

Some cunt's cut your head off?

--
Ian
"reorganising, a wonderful method for creating an illusion of progress"

steve auvache

Feb 24, 2004, 4:51:44 PM2/24/04
Cane wrote

>"Paul Corfield" <aoo...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

>> >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
>>
>> ... again! How many times is it now?
>
>Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.

If it is as a result of giving up the beer then most of it is water.

--
steve auvache

William Grainger

Feb 25, 2004, 4:16:32 AM2/25/04
In article <c1frig$1hifps$1...@ID-97762.news.uni-berlin.de>,

*that* must be why you're not funny any more.

Andrewr At Work

Feb 25, 2004, 4:24:28 AM2/25/04

> In article <c1frig$1hifps$1...@ID-97762.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> Cane <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:

<SNIP>

> >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
>
> *that* must be why you're not funny any more.

Any more?

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
Kawasaki ZX-6R J1

William Grainger

Feb 25, 2004, 6:02:03 AM2/25/04
In article <4445b8aceeb573e556d...@mygate.mailgate.org>,

Andrewr At Work <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>"William Grainger" <wfg...@mrao.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
>
>> In article <c1frig$1hifps$1...@ID-97762.news.uni-berlin.de>,
>> Cane <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:
>
><SNIP>
>
>> >I gave up beer over 4 weeks ago...
>>
>> *that* must be why you're not funny any more.
>
>Any more?

And what's your excuse?

Andrewr At Work

Feb 25, 2004, 6:42:48 AM2/25/04

> In article <4445b8aceeb573e556d...@mygate.mailgate.org>,
> Andrewr At Work <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> >"William Grainger" <wfg...@mrao.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

> >> *that* must be why you're not funny any more.

> >Any more?
>
> And what's your excuse?

Well Porl used to write all my stuff for me, but now he's too busy doing
other things and I can't afford the rates that Flashgorman is charging.

I've been trying out a new creative team, but all I've got so far is,
"dfljio ergo[jerg w8[fyw79p more bananas arw w[erf"

flashgorman

Feb 25, 2004, 7:26:40 AM2/25/04

"Andrewr At Work" <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "William Grainger" <wfg...@mrao.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
>
> > In article <4445b8aceeb573e556d...@mygate.mailgate.org>,
> > Andrewr At Work <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> > >"William Grainger" <wfg...@mrao.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

> > >Any more?
> >
> > And what's your excuse?
>
> Well Porl used to write all my stuff for me, but now he's too busy doing
> other things and I can't afford the rates that Flashgorman is charging.
>
> I've been trying out a new creative team, but all I've got so far is,
> "dfljio ergo[jerg w8[fyw79p more bananas arw w[erf"

I'm a bit suspicous that your stuff have gone downhill since Bob Monkhouse
died.

Andrewr At Work

Feb 25, 2004, 7:34:01 AM2/25/04
"flashgorman" <theflas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>

> I'm a bit suspicous that your stuff have gone downhill since Bob Monkhouse
> died.

True, if it wasn't for Bruce Forsythe I wouldn't be posting at all ...
well, except for the banana stuff, obviously.

Give us a twirl then.

flashgorman

Feb 25, 2004, 8:16:59 AM2/25/04

> "flashgorman" <theflas...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > I'm a bit suspicous that your stuff have gone downhill since Bob
Monkhouse
> > died.
>
> True, if it wasn't for Bruce Forsythe I wouldn't be posting at all ...
> well, except for the banana stuff, obviously.
>
> Give us a twirl then.

There's nothing for a double entrende in this game.

Cane

Feb 25, 2004, 11:36:02 AM2/25/04

> >> ... again! How many times is it now?
> >
> >Oi! I've lost a stone and a half.
>
> how long before it gets added back on again?
>
> You don't get extra gold stars for repeatedly losing the same weight you
> know.

Is your glass always half empty?

Paul Corfield

Feb 25, 2004, 2:00:02 PM2/25/04
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:36:02 -0000, "Cane" <en...@ukrm.org> wrote:

>Is your glass always half empty?

It was half full for the first week back at work after my holiday. It
was even noticed on here.

I am afraid normal service has now been resumed. Sorry.

Spete

Feb 25, 2004, 7:48:46 PM2/25/04

"Cane" <en...@ukrm.org> wrote in message

And replaced it with........

--
Spete
www.gimmemoney.mine.nu

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark
side, and it holds the universe together.

Porl

Feb 26, 2004, 5:03:19 PM2/26/04

"Andrewr At Work" <and...@rockface.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> I've been trying out a new creative team, but all I've got so far is,
> "dfljio ergo[jerg w8[fyw79p more bananas arw w[erf"

I'd say "hehe nice one" but I don't want to encourage you and halt your
downward spiral.

Christofire

Mar 2, 2004, 4:44:45 AM3/2/04
In article <403BB2A6...@talk21.com>, Old Fart at Play says...

IMO, the "fresh" stuff would be bad enough.