More damn weather

Turby

Jan 24, 2024, 1:21:27 AMJan 24
I hear you guys complaining about weather and I thank my stars. Here in
San Diego, we get ~10 inches of rain a year. I can ride almost every
day. It's so sunny, it's damn near boring.
But things are changing. It rained yesterday. I got over 3 inches at my
house. Other neighborhoods got over 4 inches. In one day. It's crazy.
Thankfully, my house overlooks a small canyon with good drainage. Others
weren't so lucky.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-01-23/devastating-flooding-in-san-diego-prompts-emergency-declaration-for-recovery

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS & ST1100 (in memoriam)

Mark Olson

Jan 24, 2024, 10:03:15 AMJan 24
Turby <xs...@xmail.com> wrote:
> I hear you guys complaining about weather and I thank my stars. Here in
> San Diego, we get ~10 inches of rain a year. I can ride almost every
> day. It's so sunny, it's damn near boring.
> But things are changing. It rained yesterday. I got over 3 inches at my
> house. Other neighborhoods got over 4 inches. In one day. It's crazy.
> Thankfully, my house overlooks a small canyon with good drainage. Others
> weren't so lucky.
> https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-01-23/devastating-flooding-in-san-diego-prompts-emergency-declaration-for-recovery

Having been to your place (was it really 11 years ago!!?) I remembered
the canyon behind your property, so I figure the chances were good
you didn't have a big wave coming down the street.

Paul Carmichael

Jan 24, 2024, 10:14:53 AMJan 24
El Tue, 23 Jan 2024 22:21:22 -0800, Turby escribió:

> I hear you guys complaining about weather and I thank my stars. Here in
> San Diego, we get ~10 inches of rain a year. I can ride almost every
> day. It's so sunny, it's damn near boring.
> But things are changing. It rained yesterday. I got over 3 inches at my
> house.

Opposite here. 15 years of drought. No sign of rain.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es