Who is Claire Swires

Champ

Dec 13, 2000, 11:23:48 AM12/13/00
Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
Tailforth' in future

Champ

Dec 13, 2000, 11:30:56 AM12/13/00

Champ <ch...@ukrm.org> wrote in message

<snip 29KB of cum swallowing>

I haven't read it again but it's an email that's been doing the rounds
across all of the city law firms this week.

No idea who she but I gather she works for Norton Rose, or well at least her
boyfriend does/did(!).

--
Kiran Soar D.Bot (Celeritas)
ZX-6R J1

Kira Brown

Dec 13, 2000, 11:18:45 AM12/13/00
In article <jh8f3tgpqccj29q3k...@4ax.com>,

Champ <ch...@ukrm.org> writes:
> Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
> then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> Tailforth' in future

The Register says it's fake.

kira.

Kiran Soar

Dec 13, 2000, 11:33:11 AM12/13/00

Kiran Soar <ki...@ukrm.org> wrote in message

> Champ <ch...@ukrm.org> wrote in message
>
> <snip 29KB of cum swallowing>
>
> I haven't read it again but it's an email that's been doing the rounds
> across all of the city law firms this week.
>
> No idea who she but I gather she works for Norton Rose, or well at least
her
> boyfriend does/did(!).

I know, replying to own post etc...

I forgot to say that I have heard it is genuine and the people involved are
being spoken to by the senior partners in their firms - all hearsay though.

Rob Dymond

Dec 13, 2000, 11:37:56 AM12/13/00
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:18:45 +0000, ki...@linuxgrrls.org (Kira Brown)
wrote:

It sounded hard to swallow..

--
Rob ICQ:638133 http://homepage.virgin.net/rob.dymond/
SV650SY...YZF-R6, MRO#4, BOTAFOT#29, BONY#17, TAB#0, DFWAG#1

Ben Sales

Dec 13, 2000, 11:35:58 AM12/13/00
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:23:48 +0000, Champ <ch...@ukrm.org> wrote:

>Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
>then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
>myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
>Tailforth' in future

heheh

That's cool. I wonder if she ever found out about the emails about
her?

Obukrm. Can we use that as an example to f*ckwits as to why
top-posting is bad?
--
Ben Sales
SV650SY DIAABTCOD#11 BOTAFOT#75 two#19 ICQ#73726000

Kiran Soar

Dec 13, 2000, 11:42:03 AM12/13/00

Ben Sales <benGET_RID_...@ukrm.org> wrote in message

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:23:48 +0000, Champ <ch...@ukrm.org> wrote:
>
> >Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
> >then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> >myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> >Tailforth' in future
>
> heheh
>
> That's cool. I wonder if she ever found out about the emails about
> her?

Apparently yes - but it may all be bollocks.

darsy

Dec 13, 2000, 11:43:55 AM12/13/00

>Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
>then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
>myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
>Tailforth' in f
>uture

It's a wind-up - the bloke involved was set up by new coworkers in his
first day or so at a new lawfirm - see www.theregister.co.uk et al.
for details.

--
darsy|TVoR|www.spinwards.com|
note: not a religion - do no worship.

BRC

Dec 13, 2000, 12:03:19 PM12/13/00

Rob Dymond <rob.dymon...@virgin.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:18:45 +0000, ki...@linuxgrrls.org (Kira Brown)
> wrote:
>
> >In article <jh8f3tgpqccj29q3k...@4ax.com>,
> > Champ <ch...@ukrm.org> writes:
> >> Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
> >> then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> >> myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> >> Tailforth' in future
> >
> >The Register says it's fake.
>
> It sounded hard to swallow..

*snigger*

--
Jen
YZF750R (very nearly fly splat)

*Does my bum look fast on this*

Champ

Dec 13, 2000, 12:41:57 PM12/13/00
"Kiran Soar" <ki...@ukrm.org> ejaculated :

Are Norton Rose a City Law firm, then?

--
Champ
Kawasaki ZX9RC2, H1B (in bits), GPz750turbo

zym...@technologist.com

Dec 13, 2000, 12:43:13 PM12/13/00

> (Kira Brown) wrote:

> > Champ writes:
> > Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the
bottom,
> > then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> > myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> > Tailforth' in future
>
> The Register says it's fake.

Oh well, at least Champ's given the spam harvesters a shed load of new
e-mail addresses :-( ;-)

P.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Kiran Soar

Dec 13, 2000, 12:55:05 PM12/13/00

> "Kiran Soar" <ki...@ukrm.org> ejaculated :

> >I forgot to say that I have heard it is genuine and the people involved
are
> >being spoken to by the senior partners in their firms - all hearsay
though.

> Are Norton Rose a City Law firm, then?

Yep - fairly large - in the top 10 UK.

From what I know, even though it may have been a hoax, NR partners are not
impressed with their name being slung around the city in this way -
understandable I suppose given the amounts they spend on advertising - funny
for the rest of us though!!!

darsy

Dec 13, 2000, 1:01:51 PM12/13/00
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:55:05 -0000, "Kiran Soar" <ki...@ukrm.org>
wrote:

>From what I know, even though it may have been a hoax, NR partners are not
>impressed with their name being slung around the city in this way -
>understandable I suppose given the amounts they spend on advertising - funny
>for the rest of us though!!!

I'm thinking about registering ClaireSwires.com for my new viral
marketing consultancy.

C.O.Jones

Dec 13, 2000, 1:35:56 PM12/13/00
Kiran Soar wrote:

> I forgot to say that I have heard it is genuine and the people involved are
> being spoken to by the senior partners in their firms - all hearsay though.

There is a prominent press release on the Norton Rose website about
email abuse so maybe there is something in it?

See: http://www.nortonrose.com/email%20_abuse.htm

Ernest

Cane

Dec 13, 2000, 3:03:06 PM12/13/00
"darsy" <da...@sticky.net> wrote in message

> I'm thinking about registering ClaireSwires.com for my new viral
> marketing consultancy.

And I'm registering my interest as a major backer ;-)

--
Cane
CBR600FY

Ivan Reid

Dec 14, 2000, 5:40:42 AM12/14/00
On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:43:55 +0000, darsy <da...@sticky.net>
wrote in <3o9f3ts6cad5sjpea...@4ax.com>:

>>Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
>>then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
>>myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
>>Tailforth' in future

>It's a wind-up - the bloke involved was set up by new coworkers in his
>first day or so at a new lawfirm - see www.theregister.co.uk et al.
>for details.

Anyone got an exact URL for it? I can't see it at theregister
(perhaps because my fonts are still screwed up. Grr...). There seemed
to be a story about it in The Metro this morning, but there were no
copies left by the time I got to Euston this morning.

--
Ivan Reid, Physics & Astronomy, University College London. i...@hep.ucl.ac.uk
GSX600F, RG250WD. SI=2.66 "You Porsche. Me pass!" DoD #484

AndrewR

Dec 14, 2000, 5:52:39 AM12/14/00
Ivan Reid <i...@ax9.hep.ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:43:55 +0000, darsy <da...@sticky.net>
> wrote in <3o9f3ts6cad5sjpea...@4ax.com>:
>
> >>Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
> >>then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> >>myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> >>Tailforth' in future
>
> >It's a wind-up - the bloke involved was set up by new coworkers in his
> >first day or so at a new lawfirm - see www.theregister.co.uk et al.
> >for details.
>
> Anyone got an exact URL for it? I can't see it at theregister
> (perhaps because my fonts are still screwed up. Grr...). There seemed
> to be a story about it in The Metro this morning, but there were no
> copies left by the time I got to Euston this morning.

The full story is now on Snopes;

http://www.snopes.com/sex/tattled/swire.htm

HTH,

--
AndrewR, D.Bot (Celeritas)
ZX-6R moped (this sig line is 100% recycled)

StevenM

Dec 14, 2000, 5:57:21 AM12/14/00
"Champ" <ch...@ukrm.org> wrote in message

> Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
> then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> Tailforth' in future

Not many C. Swires on phone disk and only one in Essex so I'd put my money
on that one.

The email addresses that this has passed through makes very interesting
reading. I can see two senior managers at the place I am currently working
half way down the list.

--

Steven M
==

SimonK

Dec 14, 2000, 6:23:26 AM12/14/00
"StevenM" <Ste...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

If only they knew how to trim headers and sigs...

--
SimonK - D.Bot (Celeritas) BOTAFOT#20 CBR600FY - London SW

Ivan Reid

Dec 14, 2000, 6:47:24 AM12/14/00
On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:57:21 -0000, StevenM <Ste...@dial.pipex.com>
wrote in <91a9di$824$1...@lure.pipex.net>:

>Not many C. Swires on phone disk and only one in Essex so I'd put my money
>on that one.

But it's "Swire" -- no 's'.

TossPot

Dec 14, 2000, 10:39:00 AM12/14/00
Champ wrote:

> Anyone else seen this? Start at the very average joke at the bottom,
> then read back up. Is this genuine, or an artfully crafted urban
> myth? Will we refering to a 'Claire Swires' instead of a 'Gillian
> Tailforth' in future
>
> Champ
SNIP>

Fuuuccckkkk! This one is going to get worse than the Revocation of
Independence one. And we all know how tiresome that got. BTW, UM for
my vote.

--

"We can confirm that it will never happen again. Many people
were quite upset that there was a large uncontrollable pig on

David Castleveter, a US Airways spokesman, 29th October 2000.

AndrewR

Dec 14, 2000, 10:53:07 AM12/14/00
TossPot <Frank...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

<Snippity snip>

> Fuuuccckkkk! This one is going to get worse than the Revocation of
> Independence one. And we all know how tiresome that got. BTW, UM for
> my vote.

It is according to the Urban Legends reference page (I posted a link
elsewhere in this thread).

The "boyfriend" of Claire is a real person, but he doesn't know a Claire
Swires nor does he know who started the thread.

zym...@technologist.com

Dec 14, 2000, 11:54:04 AM12/14/00

> "AndrewR" wrote:
> TossPot wrote in message

> <Snippity snip>
>
> > Fuuuccckkkk! This one is going to get worse than the Revocation of
> > Independence one. And we all know how tiresome that got. BTW, UM
for
> > my vote.
>
> It is according to the Urban Legends reference page (I posted a link
> elsewhere in this thread).
>
> The "boyfriend" of Claire is a real person, but he doesn't know a
Claire
> Swires nor does he know who started the thread.

Hmm, there's also a 'press release' on the www.nortonrose.com site :-)

Andy Wegg

Dec 15, 2000, 4:53:19 AM12/15/00

zymurgy wrote:

> Hmm, there's also a 'press release' on the www.nortonrose.com site :-)
>
> P.

And an article on the front page of today's Daily Telegraph no less...

--
Andy 'Blagger' Wegg
Why be difficult when with a bit more effort you can be

An Irish Biker

Dec 20, 2000, 12:03:58 PM12/20/00

"Andy Wegg" <andre...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> zymurgy wrote:
> >

> > Hmm, there's also a 'press release' on the www.nortonrose.com site :-)
> >
> > P.
>
> And an article on the front page of today's Daily Telegraph no less...
>

> --
> Andy 'Blagger' Wegg
> Why be difficult when with a bit more effort you can be
> impossible?
> ZX6R-G1/DR350SE(missing)/T100R
> www.Race24.com
> www.phaseone.co.uk

I was sent this this morning.

...thought you might be interested in this story from

ComputerWeekly.com - http://www.computerweekly.co.uk/

Forty suspended over lewd email

Forty one members of staff at Royal & Sun Alliance have been suspended

after an e-mail containing a lewd spoof of cartoon character Bart Simpson

was circulated around the insurance company's Liverpool offices.

The move comes after a lengthy internal investigation into a non-work

related e-mail that was received by a company director. It is thought

that up to 100 staff from the administration and finance departments may

have been involved in the doctored picture attached to an e-mail.

A spokesman for Royal & Sun Alliance confirmed that staff had been

suspended for breaching company guidelines on "misuse of the Internet",

but would not confirm the exact nature of the e-mail.

The suspensions come only days after a woman's salacious e-mail to her

boyfriend ended up being read by millions around the world, resulting in

disciplinary proceedings for lawyers at City law firm Norton Rose where he

works.

The fate of lawyer Bradley Chait, and his six colleagues to whom he

forwarded girlfriend Claire Swire's message, is expected to be decided

this week.

These are the latest in a series of high profile e-mail related

indiscretions, including cases where staff at Cable and Wireless, Orange

and the White House have been suspended and in some cases dismissed.

zym...@technologist.com

Dec 20, 2000, 1:56:43 PM12/20/00

> "An Irish Biker" wrote:
> > "Andy Wegg" wrote in message

> > > zymurgy wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm, there's also a 'press release' on the www.nortonrose.com site
:-)

> > And an article on the front page of today's Daily Telegraph no
less...

> I was sent this this morning.
>
> ...thought you might be interested in this story from
>
> ComputerWeekly.com - http://www.computerweekly.co.uk/
>
> Forty suspended over lewd email
>
> Forty one members of staff at Royal & Sun Alliance have been suspended
> after an e-mail containing a lewd spoof of cartoon character Bart
> Simpson was circulated around the insurance company's Liverpool
> offices.

It said in the Super Soaraway today that the cartoon was accidentally
sent to one of the directors.

Which would do it .... ;-)

Their e-mail dist list is crap though. I saw the 'Barts 1st bl0w j0b'
about 3 months ago ...

Cheers,

Paul.