The fuckwits on Facebook Marketplace

The Older Gentleman

Apr 8, 2021, 12:50:08 PM4/8/21
You do seem to get a certain grade of mouth breather there, especially
the teens, but....

Today there was a kid asking what he had to do to get a Yam YZ125
motorcrosser registered as his first 125.

It was explained to him that this was rather illegal and he risked
having the book thrown at him if caught. He countered that by saying he
reckoned the chance of being caught was low - which it probably is.

But there's a difference between (say) a discreet big bore kit or (for
us oldies) a 400 Super Dream engine in a 250 and a full-on two-stroke
'crosser.

Anyway, he was told that with a daytime MoT it was possible.

And then up popped Fucktard from Planet Fuckwit, who announces he's
registered lots of similar bikes for local lads to ride on their
L-plates, and he leads them on off-road excursions as well. Lo and
behold, his Facebook page proudly bears photos of the latest full-on
motocrosser he's registered including a pic of the reg number.

Suzuki RM125 G963KOG.

--
K1100RS, H2 Ninja, ST2, Le Mans, Ténéré,
V50, CB400F, CD200, CB125T, NMax 125

Gyp

Apr 8, 2021, 2:47:35 PM4/8/21
On 08/04/2021 17:50, The Older Gentleman wrote:

> And then up popped Fucktard from Planet Fuckwit, who announces he's
> registered lots of similar bikes for local lads to ride on their
> L-plates, and he leads them on off-road excursions as well. Lo and
> behold, his Facebook page proudly bears photos of the latest full-on
> motocrosser he's registered including a pic of the reg number.
>
> Suzuki RM125 G963KOG.

Registered but SORNed and not insured.

Odd that it's got a 1990 reg number of a 2020 bike

--
Gyp

YTC#1

Apr 8, 2021, 3:05:40 PM4/8/21
On 08/04/2021 19:47, Gyp wrote:
> On 08/04/2021 17:50, The Older Gentleman wrote:
>
>> And then up popped Fucktard from Planet Fuckwit, who announces he's
>> registered lots of similar bikes for local lads to ride on their
>> L-plates, and he leads them on off-road excursions as well. Lo and
>> behold, his Facebook page proudly bears photos of the latest full-on
>> motocrosser he's registered including a pic of the reg number.
>>
>> Suzuki RM125 G963KOG.
>
> Registered but SORNed and not insured.
>
> Odd that it's got a 1990 reg number of a 2020 bike

Probably a "cherished" plate, and not a 2020 bike. But 1st registered in
2020. Manufactured 1990.

I presume if it was an off roader initially it would not have needed
registering?

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Stephen Packer

Apr 8, 2021, 5:37:18 PM4/8/21
On Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 20:05:40 UTC+1, YTC#1 wrote:
> On 08/04/2021 19:47, Gyp wrote:
> > On 08/04/2021 17:50, The Older Gentleman wrote:
> >
> >> And then up popped Fucktard from Planet Fuckwit, who announces he's
> >> registered lots of similar bikes for local lads to ride on their
> >> L-plates, and he leads them on off-road excursions as well. Lo and
> >> behold, his Facebook page proudly bears photos of the latest full-on
> >> motocrosser he's registered including a pic of the reg number.
> >>
> >> Suzuki RM125 G963KOG.
> >
> > Registered but SORNed and not insured.
> >
> > Odd that it's got a 1990 reg number of a 2020 bike
> >

> Probably a "cherished" plate, and not a 2020 bike. But 1st registered in
> 2020. Manufactured 1990.

Possibly an age related plate given the age of the bike?

> I presume if it was an off roader initially it would not have needed
> registering?

You don't need to register any vehicle unless you plan to use it on
the road (I think) so the original owner may have used the bike just
for off-road stuff and it's only recently that someone wants to use it on
legal roads (which naturally include unmetalled byways)

boots

Apr 8, 2021, 9:27:48 PM4/8/21
On 09/04/2021 00:50 The Older Gentleman penned these words:
> But there's a difference between (say) a discreet big bore kit or (for
> us oldies) a 400 Super Dream engine in a 250 and a full-on two-stroke
> 'crosser.

There was a chap I knew that had a cb450 with the 250 side panels and L plates
when 250 was the max learner capacity. Got stopped several times and the
police never twigged.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

YTC#1

Apr 9, 2021, 5:32:35 AM4/9/21
On 08/04/2021 22:37, Stephen Packer wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 April 2021 at 20:05:40 UTC+1, YTC#1 wrote:

>>> Registered but SORNed and not insured.
>>>
>>> Odd that it's got a 1990 reg number of a 2020 bike
>>>

>> Probably a "cherished" plate, and not a 2020 bike. But 1st registered in
>> 2020. Manufactured 1990.
>
> Possibly an age related plate given the age of the bike?
GPWM

siwilson

Apr 10, 2021, 11:35:10 AM4/10/21
On 08/04/2021 17:50, The Older Gentleman wrote:
> You do seem to get a certain grade of mouth breather there, especially
> the teens, but....
>
> Today there was a kid asking what he had to do to get a Yam YZ125
> motorcrosser registered as his first 125.
>
> It was explained to him that this was rather illegal and he risked
> having the book thrown at him if caught. He countered that by saying he
> reckoned the chance of being caught was low - which it probably is.
>
> But there's a difference between (say) a discreet big bore kit or (for
> us oldies) a 400 Super Dream engine in a 250 and a full-on two-stroke
> 'crosser.
>
> Anyway, he was told that with a daytime MoT it was possible
>
> And then up popped Fucktard from Planet Fuckwit, who announces he's
> registered lots of similar bikes for local lads to ride on their
> L-plates, and he leads them on off-road excursions as well. Lo and
> behold, his Facebook page proudly bears photos of the latest full-on
> motocrosser he's registered including a pic of the reg number.
>
> Suzuki RM125 G963KOG.

I saw (and commented) on that thread. Life's too short, ignore and move on.

--
/Simon