Changes

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Steve Parry

未讀,
2009年7月10日 晚上7:37:242009/7/10
收件者:
Sold the GS, for some reason I just didn't like it. I must be difficult or
something, the world and his dog seem to like GS's, years ago the world and
his dog raved about GPZ900R's too and I never got on with them either,
preferring the media disliked GPZ1000RX.

Thing is the GS engine is near identical to the BoxerCups and I love that
bike.... anyway onwards and upwards, a replacement has been sourced for
Sunday :)

--
Steve Parry
BMW R80RS, 03 BMW R1100S Boxercup, 07 BMW K1200GT SE

darsy

未讀,
2009年7月11日 凌晨2:16:112009/7/11
收件者:
On Jul 11, 12:37 am, "Steve Parry" <k100rs_1990removet...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Sold the GS, for some reason I just didn't like it. I must be difficult or
> something, the world and his dog seem to like GS's

don't worry about it - you've just realised you're straight.

--
d.

Vass

未讀,
2009年7月11日 凌晨3:59:082009/7/11
收件者:

"Steve Parry" <k100rs_199...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Sold the GS, for some reason I just didn't like it. I must be difficult or
> something, the world and his dog seem to like GS's, years ago the world
> and
> his dog raved about GPZ900R's too and I never got on with them either,
> preferring the media disliked GPZ1000RX.
>
> Thing is the GS engine is near identical to the BoxerCups and I love that
> bike.... anyway onwards and upwards, a replacement has been sourced for
> Sunday :)

are you sure you're gonna like the Harley?
--
Vass

訊息已遭刪除

Steve Parry

未讀,
2009年7月11日 清晨7:33:012009/7/11
收件者:

"Vass" <dont...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Never ... rode one in the US and it was the single most unpleasant bike I've
ever ridden[1], slow, uncomfortable, crap handling with no ground clearance.

It had no redeeming features. Having said that I'd like a test ride on a
Buell to see if they merely look mad or are actually a fun thing.

[1] even worse than the Triumph Bonneville Jubilee I had a go on in the
early '80's

Vass

未讀,
2009年7月11日 上午10:25:122009/7/11

>> are you sure you're gonna like the Harley?
>
> Never ... rode one in the US and it was the single most unpleasant bike
> I've ever ridden[1], slow, uncomfortable, crap handling with no ground
> clearance.
>
> It had no redeeming features. Having said that I'd like a test ride on a
> Buell to see if they merely look mad or are actually a fun thing.
>
> [1] even worse than the Triumph Bonneville Jubilee I had a go on in the
> early '80's

we have a new HD dealer opened next to my office, yep, those Buell's look a
hoot!
--
Vass

c...@nospam.netunix.com

未讀,
2009年7月11日 上午11:19:422009/7/11
收件者:

Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.

--
03 GS500K2
76 Honda 400/4 project

Pip

未讀,
2009年7月11日 上午11:50:552009/7/11
收件者:
In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...

> Vass <dont...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > we have a new HD dealer opened next to my office, yep, those Buell's look a
> > hoot!
>
> Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.

You've never ridden one, have you?

--

Pip, the "Mechanical Nightmare" (tm Bonwick Major)

Pete Fisher

未讀,
2009年7月11日 中午12:39:502009/7/11
收件者:
In communiqu� <MPG.24c2c53db...@News.Individual.NET>, Pip
<ginge...@gmail.com> cast forth these pearls of wisdom

>In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
>c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...
>>
>> Vass <dont...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > we have a new HD dealer opened next to my office, yep, those
>> >Buell's look a
>> > hoot!
>>
>> Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.
>
>You've never ridden one, have you?

Never hear of the 1125R either.

| Pete Fisher at Home: Pe...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk |
| Voxan Roadster Gilera Nordwest * 2 Yamaha WR250Z |
| Gilera GFR * 2 Moto Morini 2C/375 Morini 350 "Forgotten Error" |

c...@nospam.netunix.com

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午1:25:452009/7/11
收件者:
Pip <ginge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
> c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...
> >
> > Vass <dont...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > we have a new HD dealer opened next to my office, yep, those Buell's look a
> > > hoot!
> >
> > Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.
>
> You've never ridden one, have you?

No need, just take a look at the herds of clowns who arrive in Weston
posing on the damn things at weekends. Especially the one up front with all
the tassels, leather saddlebags and a yellow vest thingy.

Steve Parry

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午1:56:532009/7/11
收件者:

<c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com> wrote in message

> Pip <ginge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
>> c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...

>> > Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.
>>
>> You've never ridden one, have you?
>
> No need, just take a look at the herds of clowns who arrive in Weston
> posing on the damn things at weekends. Especially the one up front with
> all
> the tassels, leather saddlebags and a yellow vest thingy.

Those are NOT Buells

http://www.buell.com/en_UK/

SteveH

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午2:05:442009/7/11
收件者:
Pip <ginge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
> c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...
> >
> > Vass <dont...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > we have a new HD dealer opened next to my office, yep, those Buell's
> > > look a hoot!
> >
> > Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.
>
> You've never ridden one, have you?

Don't think he's ever seen one, judging by that comment.
Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit

Andy Bonwick

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午2:30:352009/7/11
收件者:
On 11 Jul 2009 17:25:45 GMT, c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:

>Pip <ginge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
>> c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...

>> > Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.
>>
>> You've never ridden one, have you?
>
>No need, just take a look at the herds of clowns who arrive in Weston
>posing on the damn things at weekends. Especially the one up front with all
>the tassels, leather saddlebags and a yellow vest thingy.

Given your present choice of motorcycles I'd say you've proven (yet
again) that you're a know nothing cunt.

c...@nospam.netunix.com

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午4:27:262009/7/11
收件者:

Lets take a look at the facts.
Early Buells were simply tarted up Hardleys. Even the modern ones are
built with an awful lot of the same parts. They look a lot flashier
but the concept is still the same and the only ones I see around here
are found in the middle of a herd of Hardleys holding up the traffic.

I rode a Harley for a few miles on a CIHAGM a dozen or more years ago.
Bloody awfull machine, I just dont see the point in riding a crude
vibrating monstrosity the does not want to go around corners.....

Andy Bonwick

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午4:39:182009/7/11
收件者:
On 11 Jul 2009 20:27:26 GMT, c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:

>Andy Bonwick <nos...@bonwick.me.uk> wrote:

>> >No need, just take a look at the herds of clowns who arrive in Weston
>> >posing on the damn things at weekends. Especially the one up front with all
>> >the tassels, leather saddlebags and a yellow vest thingy.
>>
>> Given your present choice of motorcycles I'd say you've proven (yet
>> again) that you're a know nothing cunt.
>
>Lets take a look at the facts.

Yes, let's look at the facts:

03 GS500K2
76 Honda 400/4 project
68 Bantam D14/4 Sport (Classic)
06 Sukida SK50QT (Slanty eyed shopping trolley)

Not exactly stacked in your favour are they?

Nige

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午4:45:242009/7/11
收件者:

"Andy Bonwick" <nos...@bonwick.me.uk> wrote in message

LOL I had a go on a buell the other week, it was fucking mental. But it
wasn't me.

Grimly Curmudgeon

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午5:08:242009/7/11
收件者:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Steve Parry"
<k100rs_199...@hotmail.com> saying something like:

>Sold the GS, for some reason I just didn't like it. I must be difficult or
>something, the world and his dog seem to like GS's, years ago the world and
>his dog raved about GPZ900R's too and I never got on with them either,
>preferring the media disliked GPZ1000RX.
>
>Thing is the GS engine is near identical to the BoxerCups and I love that
>bike.... anyway onwards and upwards, a replacement has been sourced for
>Sunday :)

What, again? You're fickle.

Catman

未讀,
2009年7月11日 下午5:31:512009/7/11
收件者:

I tried one a while back. Too fucking small, sadly.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

frag

未讀,
2009年7月11日 晚上8:07:222009/7/11
收件者:
SteveH wibbled...

> Pip <ginge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <4a58ad8e$0$31033$bed6...@news.gradwell.net>,
> > c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com says...

> > > Just a Hardley in drag and twice as gay. Free leather tassels included.
> >
> > You've never ridden one, have you?
>
> Don't think he's ever seen one, judging by that comment.

I think "a dozen or more years ago" is the clue.

Harleys have changed since then and Buells are completely different.

--
frag
Kawasaki ZX9R, Kawasaki ZX10R

Timo Geusch

未讀,
2009年7月12日 凌晨2:41:172009/7/12
收件者:
c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com writes:

> Andy Bonwick <nos...@bonwick.me.uk> wrote:

>> >No need, just take a look at the herds of clowns who arrive in Weston
>> >posing on the damn things at weekends. Especially the one up front with all
>> >the tassels, leather saddlebags and a yellow vest thingy.
>>
>> Given your present choice of motorcycles I'd say you've proven (yet
>> again) that you're a know nothing cunt.
>
> Lets take a look at the facts.
> Early Buells were simply tarted up Hardleys.

No they weren't.

> Even the modern ones are built with an awful lot of the same parts.

The aircooled ones use a tuned Sportster engine. I guess that counts as
an awful lot of the same parts. Nevertheless they've got a very innovate
chassis that has nothing to do whatsoever with a Harley chassis.

> They look a lot flashier
> but the concept is still the same

No it isn't.

> and the only ones I see around here
> are found in the middle of a herd of Hardleys holding up the traffic.

You're judging books by covers.

--
Morini Corsaro 125 | XL250 Motosport | R1150RT
Laverda SF2 | Harley FXD BOTAFOF #33 TWA#10

Lozzo

未讀,
2009年7月12日 中午12:59:432009/7/12
收件者:
c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:

> I rode a Harley for a few miles on a CIHAGM a dozen or more years ago.
> Bloody awfull machine, I just dont see the point in riding a crude
> vibrating monstrosity the does not want to go around corners.....

So why did you buy a GS500, Twatty?

--
Lozzo
Versys 650 Tourer, CBR600F-W trackbike, SR250 SpazzTrakka,

Nige

未讀,
2009年7月12日 下午1:22:442009/7/12
收件者:
Lozzo wrote:
> c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:
>
>> I rode a Harley for a few miles on a CIHAGM a dozen or more years ago.
>> Bloody awfull machine, I just dont see the point in riding a crude
>> vibrating monstrosity the does not want to go around corners.....
>
> So why did you buy a GS500, Twatty?

'cos he's a spunktrumpet :)

--

Nige,

BMW K1200S
Range Rover Vogue
Suzuki GSX-R600 Racebike
Honda ST1100 Pan European (comes this week)

Nige

未讀,
2009年7月12日 下午1:23:322009/7/12
收件者:

Taffy mate!

c...@nospam.netunix.com

未讀,
2009年7月12日 下午2:49:282009/7/12
收件者:
Lozzo <lo...@lozzo.org.uk> wrote:
> c...@NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:
>
> > I rode a Harley for a few miles on a CIHAGM a dozen or more years ago.
> > Bloody awfull machine, I just dont see the point in riding a crude
> > vibrating monstrosity the does not want to go around corners.....
>
> So why did you buy a GS500, Twatty?

It does not vibrate and it does go round corners rather nicely - TOG has
owned (albeit briefly) an identical one and also liked the handling.
A ideal bike for a stumpy oldfart with no great desire to exeed about
275 kff.

Steve Parry

未讀,
2009年7月12日 下午5:05:012009/7/12
收件者:

"Nige" <de...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
>> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
>> drugs began to take hold. I remember "Steve Parry"
>> <k100rs_199...@hotmail.com> saying something like:
>>
>>> Sold the GS, for some reason I just didn't like it. I must be difficult
>>> or
>>> something, the world and his dog seem to like GS's, years ago the world
>>> and
>>> his dog raved about GPZ900R's too and I never got on with them either,
>>> preferring the media disliked GPZ1000RX.
>>>
>>> Thing is the GS engine is near identical to the BoxerCups and I love
>>> that
>>> bike.... anyway onwards and upwards, a replacement has been sourced for
>>> Sunday :)
>>
>> What, again? You're fickle.
>
> Taffy mate!

ahem ... pot ... kettle ...

anyway I am NOT taffy, taffy is south Wales, goggs are north Wales. You soft
southern numpty ;)

0 則新訊息