Old git on old bikes.

Lone Wolf

Jan 7, 2024, 3:33:35 PMJan 7
Wotcha,

Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?

I managed to end the year on an old BSA, then start the year on
a rather younger Royal Enfield . . . well it's actually an
"Enfield India" 'cos they weren't allowed to use the "Royal" bit
back in 1991.

Just for the sake of it - here's the last ride of 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0grr2vaXzCs

Have fun you lot.

Cheers.
--
L.W.

YTC#1

Jan 7, 2024, 4:58:33 PMJan 7
On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
> Wotcha,
>
> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?
I still ride a last century steed, but 24 years isn't really old.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Pete Fisher

Jan 8, 2024, 2:40:20 AMJan 8
On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
Ah.

No bad weather just the wrong clothes. For me, however, lack of
motivation to end up sliding down the road on my arse.

The Kabin is much favoured by some of the local VMCC section.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Pete Fisher

Jan 8, 2024, 2:41:27 AMJan 8
On 07/01/2024 21:58, YTC#1 wrote:
> On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
>> Wotcha,
>>
>> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?
> I still ride a last century steed, but 24 years isn't really old.

No, but one more circuit round the sun and it's VMCC eligible.

YTC#1

Jan 8, 2024, 4:17:48 AMJan 8
On 08/01/2024 07:41, Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 07/01/2024 21:58, YTC#1 wrote:
>> On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
>>> Wotcha,
>>>
>>> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?
>> I still ride a last century steed, but 24 years isn't really old.
>>

> No, but one more circuit round the sun and it's VMCC eligible.

Really?
Cool :-)

I used to own a 3TA back in the '80s, if I do my sums right the XJR may
actually be older than it was :-)

Lone Wolf

Jan 8, 2024, 4:41:50 AMJan 8
On 07/01/2024 21:58, YTC#1 wrote:

Wotcha.

>> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?

> I still ride a last century steed, but 24 years isn't really old.

My "modern" bike is a 1999 Kawasaki.
I really aught to buy something new.

Tim

Jan 8, 2024, 7:54:58 AMJan 8
On 07/01/2024 21:58, YTC#1 wrote:
> On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
>> Wotcha,
>>
>> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?
> I still ride a last century steed, but 24 years isn't really old.

+1

chrisnd @ukrm

Jan 8, 2024, 10:17:22 AMJan 8
On 08/01/2024 07:40, Pete Fisher wrote:
> On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
>> Wotcha,
>>
>> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?
>>
>> I managed to end the year on an old BSA, then start the year on
>> a rather younger Royal Enfield . . . well it's actually an
>> "Enfield India" 'cos they weren't allowed to use the "Royal" bit
>> back in 1991.
>>
>> Just for the sake of it - here's the last ride of 2023
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0grr2vaXzCs
>>
>> Have fun you lot.
>>
>> Cheers.
>

> Ah.
>
> No bad weather just the wrong clothes. For me, however, lack of
> motivation to end up sliding down the road on my arse.

+1

> The Kabin is much favoured by some of the local VMCC section.

With my pair, I've wondered about the VJMC?
Pros & cons? vs VMCC?
I'm not really a 'club person' but I keep considering one or the other..

Chris

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t

Lone Wolf

Jan 10, 2024, 10:17:11 AMJan 10
On 08/01/2024 15:17, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:

Wotcha

> With my pair, I've wondered about the VJMC?
> Pros & cons? vs VMCC?
> I'm not really a 'club person' but I keep considering one or the other..
>
> Chris

My Drifter is now eligible for the VJMC.
I keep "umming and ahing" about joining.

--
L.W.

chrisnd @ukrm

Jan 10, 2024, 11:40:25 AMJan 10
Precisely!

Pete Fisher

Jan 10, 2024, 11:46:45 AMJan 10
On 08/01/2024 15:17, chrisnd @ukrm wrote:
> On 08/01/2024 07:40, Pete Fisher wrote:
>> On 07/01/2024 20:33, Lone Wolf wrote:
>>> Wotcha,
>>>
>>> Am I really the only old git on here who still rides old bikes ?
>>>
>>> I managed to end the year on an old BSA, then start the year on
>>> a rather younger Royal Enfield . . . well it's actually an
>>> "Enfield India" 'cos they weren't allowed to use the "Royal" bit
>>> back in 1991.
>>>
>>> Just for the sake of it - here's the last ride of 2023
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0grr2vaXzCs
>>>
>>> Have fun you lot.
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>

>> Ah.
>>
>> No bad weather just the wrong clothes. For me, however, lack of
>> motivation to end up sliding down the road on my arse.
>
> +1
>
>> The Kabin is much favoured by some of the local VMCC section.
>
> With my pair, I've wondered about the VJMC?
> Pros & cons? vs VMCC?
> I'm not really a 'club person' but I keep considering one or the other..

TBH the VMCC is still very much slanted towards SO British machines -
except on section runs, when all sorts come out of the woodwork.

Buzby

Feb 22, 2024, 3:48:06 AMFeb 22
To quote Groucho Marx "I don't want to belong to any club that will
accept me as a member."