Boxford G200 tool grinder

stereotype

Nov 10, 2006, 4:25:29 PM11/10/06

A local college has offered me a G200 for a very good price (cheap) I
would like to use it for surface grinding small parts, anyone had any
experience with these machines, are they suitable for surface grinding
? David

--
stereotype
stereotype's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=119209

John Blakeley

Nov 11, 2006, 5:23:59 PM11/11/06
stereotype wrote:
> A local college has offered me a G200 for a very good price (cheap) I
> would like to use it for surface grinding small parts, anyone had any
> experience with these machines, are they suitable for surface grinding
> ? David

Good, sound but small machine. There is one on Ebay now - item 300046675526
John B

pgp001

Nov 12, 2006, 5:51:03 AM11/12/06

I have a Union made by Harrisons, I have successfully done a small
amount of surface grinding on it, but they are not really designed for
this use.
If the price is right, I would grab it quick, these are one of the best
small versatile tool grinders you can get, and do not take up too much
space.
I have a copy of the Boxford manual should you need it.

Phil

--
pgp001
pgp001's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=53499

jonto...@hotmail.com

Nov 14, 2006, 5:22:24 PM11/14/06

John Blakeley wrote:

John, I see that several others share the view that they are sound
machines, the one on Ebay you mentioned just made £815. Too rich for
me I'm afraid although it would have fitted in the last remaining space
in my workshop very well.

Best regards

Keith

tim

Dec 5, 2023, 6:02:47 PM12/5/23
Hi John B. Is the boxford manual still available?

--
For full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/modelengineering/boxford-g200-tool-grinder-37436-.htm