Any recommendations for an edge finder?

noth...@aolbin.com

Nov 6, 2020, 5:53:56 AM11/6/20
I've been trying to decide whether to get a wiggler (probably not), a
split cylinder type or an electronic type for edge finding. How
repeatable are the "no-name" electronic types that are on eBay and
elsewhere?
Are there any recommendations, based on personal experience, for
specific versions?

Brian Selby

Nov 9, 2020, 5:23:22 AM11/9/20
I'd would personally go with a split cylinder type and the sticky pin in the wobbler set. I have a branded laser type but appears to need recalibrating very time I use it, not only that like digital calipers the batteries seem to fail when you need them the most. During the cold winter months batteries are sluggish so I tend to go back to the old ways of non battery tools, micrometers etc.