Colchester Lathe forum

Mike Perkins

Mar 26, 2018, 6:31:28 PM3/26/18
The Yahoo Groups Colchester lathe forum was quite busy until a couple or
so years ago, but more recently the Yahoo groups seem broken and posts
have dried up.

Can anyone recommend a forum for this range of lathes?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Mike Perkins

Apr 21, 2018, 8:41:41 AM4/21/18
On 26/03/2018 23:31, Mike Perkins wrote:
> The Yahoo Groups Colchester lathe forum was quite busy until a couple or
> so years ago, but more recently the Yahoo groups seem broken and posts
> have dried up.
>
> Can anyone recommend a forum for this range of lathes?

Amazing, I sent a similar message as this message to the Yahoo Groups
Colchester lathe forum on the 24th February, and this message was only
just rejected, some 2 months later. Also no explanation what happened to
an earlier post.

"In this case, your message was automatically rejected because the
moderator didn't approve it within 14 days. We do this to provide a
high quality of service for our users."

I think it is safe to say the Yahoo Colchester forum is barely alive,
suffering from a sad lingering death.

Clifford Coggin

Apr 21, 2018, 2:15:33 PM4/21/18
to Mike Perkins
On 21/04/18 13:41, Mike Perkins wrote:

> I think it is safe to say the Yahoo Colchester forum is barely alive,
> suffering from a sad lingering death.

It isn't just that particular forum that has problems. Other Yahoo
groups I subscribe to have sporadic lapses in sending messages. In fact
the whole company is almost dead, though the twitching corpse has
recently been merged with AOL and Verizon in an attempt to resuscitate it.

--
Clifford Coggin
Kent

davideric...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2020, 2:28:44 PM7/26/20
colchester student mk 1.5 worm drive wanted for apron (mach no f2/64911

pmailkeey

Oct 6, 2020, 8:41:31 PM10/6/20
Yahoo group moved to https://colchesterlathe.groups.io/g/main

Pity it didn't move to Google !