Download Game Dress Up Diary ((INSTALL))

1 view

Adele Morss

Jan 25, 2024, 11:45:26 AMJan 25
An illustration of women's 1850s dress, on a page in 'The Dress Diary of Mrs Anne Sykes'. Illustration credit: Le Follet, 1855, No. 1971: Chapeaux Mme Naudé, after drawing by AnaÏs Colin-Toudouze, public domain. In the collection of the Rijksmuseum.

download game dress up diary

Download File https://t.co/OFkqLRIg6N

Well, things have slowed down a bit and after cleaning up all the clutter from all the other projects, I finally have had a chance to continue researching the 16th century German Working Class dress. I really love the look of the gals from the last quarter of the century, so that is where my focus will be.

If you are a photographer and would like to connect about the opportunity of photographing the wandering wedding dress at one of the future locations, or if you are a journalist and would like to run a story on the wandering wedding dress diary then please get in touch with me here.

The edges where the gown back and skirt front join are cut at angles, and thus have raw edges; this was a common feature among dresses I examined at the Museum of London. For these seams I turned under the seam allowances twice, tucking the raw edges in, then sewed with small running stitches again.

I therefore replicated this in the linen lining of my dress, as well as tacking the underside of the robing to one of its own folds to help cleanly finish it (another practice I observed in artifact garments). All of this sewing was done using small running stitches.

I had my eye on this beautiful vivid blue printed linen/cotton from The Fabric Store for a while. I saw it pop up on Instagram quite a lot (it must be a popular order and unfortunately is now all sold out). I felt like it was taunting me so I eventually ordered some for myself. I wanted to make a classic summer dress with it; that dress that you can always reach for on a sunny day, is comfortable, practical, feels great and can be worn on many occasions. Not a big ask then! I had a style of dress in mind but found it quite tricky to find the ideal pattern - I eventually settling on the Lois Dress from Tessuti.

I've made this dress before (over five years ago!) and actually didn't get on fantastically with it. But it was the closest pattern I found to the dress in my mind so I decided to go for it and tweak it as I saw fit. The original version (which ended up in the charity shop) just felt too big and didn't sit right on my body. As I used a delicate viscose crepe that time and my fabric handling skills weren't what they are now I presumed I had stretched it out as I sewed. This time I looked over the measurements carefully and chose to make the size smaller (size 8, and slightly smaller than my bust and hip measurements), particularly as my this linen blend has a little stretch. When I finished it it felt better but still felt roomy. I think this style would suit me better if it sat closer to the body.

A lot of reviews of this pattern mention that the neckline is very low. My knowledge of my own body and how to fit it has improved a lot over the last five years so this time I knew exactly what to do to make it work. I raised it slightly by taking the dress up at the shoulders rather than messing around at the centre front point. I took out 3/4" on the double at the neckline edge, grading out to nothing just before the bodice meets the sleeve band. This made a big difference and I'm much happier with how the dress sits on my now, the under bust seams are actually sitting just under my bust. Lifting the dress/shortening the bodice in this way has made it fit better in general actually - which I often find. Being 5ft 3" often the waist and other key points are sitting a little low and this affects how the whole garment fits. This neckline is also quite dramatically affected by the bra you wear. It looks best with a plunge style on me.

You can also find me on YouTube, where I upload weekly home & garden videos. So, if you prefer a video, pop the kettle and head over. You can find me at YouTube.com/DaintyDiaries & for some daily Dainty, head to my Instagram daintydressdiaries

We are not responsible for any failed delivery attempt caused by negligent behaviors of customers. Negligence includes, but is not limited to, incorrect information such as order address/contact number/consignee's name. In this case, we are unable to file a refund for you. If you find that your order information is wrong, please contact us at info lacemade.com with your order number and correct information as soon as possible.

The dress is really beautiful, high quality, the fabric is a bit stretchy and flowers are delicately embroidered. But the chest area is just not for me. Way too small. If that can help, bust : 98cm and waist : 80 cm. And I ordered XL

This dress is absolutely beautiful and so feminine. This dress is a literal dream! It does run small though. I am usually XS but got a Medium and it fit like a glove. For reference, I am bust 32 and waist 23. Do not hesitate in buying this dress!

I'm 5"2, It looks so pretty wearing it as a normal top and so cute when worn under a corset and or dress! The lace does not snag easily and is stretchy so it fits quite snuggly around you. Definitely a good buy.

I'm 5"2 & 52kg, I bought the white underlay top and it's so lovely. You'll definitely need to wear this under a corset, dress or wear a vest or white bra under though as it was a bit see through. If you're a short girly like me, it will be slightly longer on the torso than the model but still still very very pretty! The arm length was a little bit long and can bunch up a bit, as I am on the shorter side, but barely noticeable. Super cute top! And as usual, beautifully sewn with high quality fabric!

This dress is adorable and cute and all those words! I love it! It is so flattering on you, too! Wow, you look really awesome in it. Tell your husband not to be so hard on himself. He lost all that weight, after all!

In 1838, a young woman was given a diary on her wedding day. Collecting snippets of fabric from a range of garments she carefully annotated each one, creating a unique record of her life and times. Her name was Mrs Anne Sykes.

Nearly two hundred years later, the diary fell into the hands of Kate Strasdin, a fashion historian and museum curator. Strasdin spent the next six years unravelling the secrets contained within the album's pages.

While creating this garment, I found out that I got accepted into the Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art at Maine College of Art in Portland, ME! It infused the creation of this dress with another joyful memory and bold creative energy. The journey of creating this garment mirrored what was going on in my life. By taking risks in my art and leading with play and curiosity, beautiful opportunities unfolded.

To showcase my whiter smile, I slathered on some Mac Ruby Woo matte lipstick, since nothing looks better with bold red lips than a pearly white smile, and styled a casual festive outfit around this H&M red plaid shirt dress. Full outfit details are listed at the bottom of this post.

Wow wow wow ! I'll join in the choir and say once again your wedding dresses are to die for. And the rest is just fabulous as well - and that's comign from someone who isn't particularly into vintage.

These dress ideas are simply looking fabulous. I am in love with that black one with polka dots. For me there is nothing like such dresses for parties. On my birthday I wore silver outfit and it looked perfect. I hosted outdoor party at one of best venues.

f5d0e4f075