Dog & Cat Fouling

Moon~Shadow

Sep 14, 2005, 3:40:59 AM9/14/05
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting slate
around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a neighbours cat
too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long and then it
starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a neighbour has had a
similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have contacted the council who
say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The trouble is we never see it
'doing it' but do see it wandering around - it takes itself for a walk each
day (different times). The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and
the neighbours are ones that don't give a hoot. We have a ranch fence down
both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the timbers
to stop the cat from coming through. The bottom part of the front garden is
open and may result in us having more fence/shrubs and a gate put on so the
dog can't get up the path.

I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can do!
When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to the
scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I don't
know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
would for extra fencing.

Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
advice/suggestions appreciated.

Mike

Sep 14, 2005, 3:49:30 AM9/14/05

> I don't
> know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
> would for extra fencing.

Yes they do, very well. Very very well. Just move it about a bit over a
couple of weeks

> Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
> advice/suggestions appreciated.

You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again :-((

Ignore them :-))

Mike
Vermin free garden thanks to an electronic vermin gismo :-))))

Tumbleweed

Sep 14, 2005, 5:10:26 AM9/14/05

"Moon~Shadow" <Moon~Sha...@ITpersian1995.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting
> slate around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a
> neighbours cat too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long
> and then it starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a
> neighbour has had a similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have
> contacted the council who say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The
> trouble is we never see it 'doing it' but do see it wandering around -

web cam.

> I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can
> do! When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to the
> scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I
> don't know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much
> as it would for extra fencing.

Extra fencing for £25? bargain, go for it.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Draven

Sep 14, 2005, 5:12:15 AM9/14/05

"Moon~Shadow" <Moon~Sha...@ITpersian1995.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Spray the area with an Aluminium Ammonium Sulphate solution. it's 10.4g/L.
(You can buy it in the shops I think it's called animal repellent).
Keeps most animals at bay and works great for rabbit damage.

Davy

Sep 14, 2005, 5:27:01 AM9/14/05
I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.

cheers

Davy

mike_...@yahoo.co.uk

Sep 14, 2005, 8:09:06 AM9/14/05
quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done

to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Mike

Mike

Sep 14, 2005, 8:53:08 AM9/14/05
> Cats are classed as 'wild'
> animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Tumbleweed

Sep 14, 2005, 9:10:27 AM9/14/05

<mike_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

When my new nighbours dog crapped on my parking area I gathered the crap up
in a bag and took it round to them ..havent seen the dog in the road since
:-)

Bob Smith

Sep 14, 2005, 9:20:44 AM9/14/05

"Davy" <da...@REMOVETHISchobham.org.uk> wrote in message

>I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
> fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.

I found the most massive "cat present" right next to one of my jeyes tea
bags, as if to say "I will do it where I want matey".

None of the smelly methods worked. Nylon mesh was dug up. All I did get to
work was chilli powder, but you have to replace it when it rains, and it
looks like you have martian soil around your garden.

Bob

Message has been deleted

Mike

Sep 14, 2005, 11:30:28 AM9/14/05
German inventor's "cat fuel" angers animal lovers Wednesday September 14,
02:43 PM
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German inventor has angered animal rights activists
with his answer to fighting the soaring cost of fuel -- dead cats.

Christian Koch, 55, from the eastern county of Saxony, told Bild newspaper
that his organic diesel fuel -- a home-made blend of garbage, run-over cats,
and other ingredients -- is a proven alternative to normal consumer diesel.

"I drive my normal diesel-powered car with this mixture," Koch said. "I have
gone 170,000 km (106,000 miles) without
a problem."

The website of Koch's firm, "Alphakat GmbH", says his patented "KDV 500"
machine can produce what he calls the "bio-diesel" fuel at about 23 euro
cents (30 cents) a litre, which is about one-fifth the price at petrol
stations now.

Koch said around 20 dead cats added into the mix could help produce enough
fuel to fill up a 50-litre (11 gallon) tank.

But the president of the German Society for the Protection of Animals,
Wolfgang Apel, said using dead cats for fuel was illegal.

"There's no danger for cats and dogs in Germany because this practice is
outlawed in Germany," Apel told Bild on Wednesday in a story entitled "Can
you really make fuel out of cats?"

"We're going to keep an eye on this case," Apel said.

Bob Smith

Sep 14, 2005, 2:26:16 PM9/14/05

"Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message
They have a specific law to stop people turning roadkill cats into
biodiesel? Sad people. Maybe it is better having them rot in the streets.

Bob

undergroundbob

Sep 14, 2005, 2:33:00 PM9/14/05

When my new nighbours dog crapped on my parking area I gathered the crap
up
in a bag and took it round to them ..havent seen the dog in the road
since
:-)

Like it!

Or you could always kick said dog up the arse. Just the once like.

Bob

--
undergroundbob

H Ryder

Sep 14, 2005, 4:27:21 PM9/14/05
>The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and the neighbours are ones
that don't >give a hoot. We have a ranch fence down
> both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the timbers
> to stop the cat from coming through.

in their defence there is not a lot your neighbours can do to stop their cat
(speaking as a cat owner here :) ). Also a fence will not work. The cat
will just climb it. The best things to try are water attempt to drench teh
cat with jugs, water pistols, a hose etc, preferably when they can't see
you. this usually works. The other thing I've found works in pepper dust.
Hayley

June Hughes

Sep 14, 2005, 4:47:08 PM9/14/05
In message <dg8k6f$3d6$1...@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, Moon~Shadow
<Moon~Sha...@ITpersian1995.freeserve.co.uk> writes
Buy a good quality water pistol. Works wonders, does no harm to the
animals and is really satisfying for you.
--
June Hughes

Alan Holmes

Sep 14, 2005, 5:41:00 PM9/14/05

"Tumbleweed" <thisaccoun...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.

Alan

Moon~Shadow

Sep 15, 2005, 2:37:10 AM9/15/05

"Alan Holmes" <alan....@virgin.net> wrote in message

> Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.
>
> Alan

I'm only talking of one cat and it is very overweight and so lazy I don't
think it can even jump a fence!

Moon~Shadow

Sep 15, 2005, 2:42:23 AM9/15/05

"H Ryder" <hayley.ry...@tesco.net> wrote in message
The cat has a litter tray just inside the house but it is that small and the
cat is so fat, it is more appropriate for a kitten! If I tried using water
my neighbours have 'mouths' the size of the Mersey and would take great
pleasure in shouting the odds down the street. The cat squeezes through the
fence and putting mesh up would stop it as it is too lazy to do anything
else!

Mike

Sep 15, 2005, 2:54:03 AM9/15/05

> > Extra fencing for £25? bargain, go for it.
>
> Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.
>
> Alan

Only the once if you put carpet gripper strips along the top :-)))

Mike

David

Sep 14, 2005, 2:08:05 PM9/14/05
mike_...@yahoo.co.uk <mike_...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
Owners should be responsible for their pets though, whatever they are.

--
David

June Hughes

Sep 15, 2005, 4:08:18 AM9/15/05
In message <1126699746.6...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"mike_...@yahoo.co.uk" <mike_...@yahoo.co.uk> writes
Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here. I agree with you but it
is annoying to have neighbours' cats in the garden. As well as a water
pistol, I would recommend anyone with problems to get a cat of their
own. That should keep out the neighbouring moggies. As you say, we have
been through this before - many, many times over the years.
--
June Hughes

mike_...@yahoo.co.uk

Sep 15, 2005, 4:17:57 AM9/15/05
Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.

Mike

Bob Smith

Sep 15, 2005, 10:59:18 AM9/15/05

<mike_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3Avermin&meta=

They are filthy, destructive and troublesome. Sounds like vermin to me.

Bob

Mike

Sep 15, 2005, 11:26:41 AM9/15/05

> Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.

Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are unable
to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

> I agree with you but it
> is annoying to have neighbours' cats in the garden. As well as a water
> pistol, I would recommend anyone with problems to get a cat of their
> own. That should keep out the neighbouring moggies. As you say, we have
> been through this before - many, many times over the years.

and it just goes to show what a nuisance the vermin is. Those who own the
damn things can see no wrong in their stupid creatures and think that the
sun shines from somewhere it doesn't. But the thing that puzzles me about
such owners, is why do they have more than one? Nearly all of them have
multiple creatures. I suppose it is so they can annoy more neighbours. If
their creatures are inconsiderate, then it must be a reflection on their
'owners', also inconsiderate.

Watch the owners of this newsgroup spit fire now :-)))))))))))

Mike

Tumbleweed

Sep 15, 2005, 11:41:05 AM9/15/05

>> Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.
>
> Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are unable
> to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

owners?????

Mike

Sep 15, 2005, 11:48:03 AM9/15/05

> > Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are
unable
> > to 'Rule' over me. Tough.
> >

> owners?????

Those who feel that they have more right than anyone else, and carry out
long pally pally chit chat with their friends, which could quite easily go
to email, but no, we have to show we have been here a long time and have
more rights than anyone else :-(( not.

Stick around and they will pop up and take a shot at me, EVEN THOUGH THEY
HAVE KILLFILED ME :-)))) NOT

Mike
:-))))))

June Hughes

Sep 15, 2005, 12:34:09 PM9/15/05
In message <dgc53j$iva$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Mike
<n...@here.thank.you> writes
Are you really Dave Fawthrop?
--
June Hughes

Mike

Sep 15, 2005, 1:14:59 PM9/15/05

"June Hughes" <juneh...@theacct.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

I never use other names.
I am me. :-))
Take me or leave me.
What you see, is what you get.
A very large circle of friends are happy with me, only the poor owners who I
refuse to bow to have a problem, but that is THEIR problem :-))

:-))
Mike

Flower Bobdew

Sep 15, 2005, 10:15:46 AM9/15/05

Well, as no-one else has mentioned it - and it doesn't appear in the FAQ
I looked at either [yes, clearly this is a common problem!]...

I've just [past two months] tried Silent Roar - bought from the local
garden centre - which is, effectively, lion shite. I don't know how they
know, but wee domestic moggies, seemingly, don't like the thought of
bumping into a lion, even under the cover of darkness! :)

Its worked well in the back garden, but the front will be a good test
too. I only have a couple of relatively small beds within a large
grassed area [shared with next door] out there, and the constant piling
up of the bark mulch that greets me most mornings' means the lions will
soon be let loose.

Now... About these damned moles... Who clearly aren't afraid of the odd,
rogue lion!!! : 7

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden

David

Sep 15, 2005, 3:33:47 PM9/15/05
In article <dgc3rh$ntb$1...@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Mike
<n...@here.thank.you> writes

>> Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.
>
>Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are unable
>to 'Rule' over me. Tough.

Wasn't June replying to Mike from Lincs? you've a grand opinion of
yourself though

--
David

Mike

Sep 15, 2005, 3:49:49 PM9/15/05

"David" <da...@chapellhouse.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <dgc3rh$ntb$1...@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Mike
> <n...@here.thank.you> writes
> >> >
> >> Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.
> >
> >Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are
unable
> >to 'Rule' over me. Tough.
> >
> Wasn't June replying to Mike from Lincs? you've a grand opinion of
> yourself though

Oh!! Someone else who doesn't like me saying how it is. Poor you :-((

That's almost a handful now :-)

Jack Ouzzi

Sep 15, 2005, 3:56:06 PM9/15/05

Davy wrote:
> I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
> fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.
>
> cheers
>
> Davy

Tried that Davy, but the tea tastes bloody awful ;-)

Drew

Sep 15, 2005, 2:04:48 PM9/15/05

Hi Mike,

Are you allowed to exterminate someone elses cat?

Cheers

Drew

--
Drew

David

Sep 15, 2005, 4:33:15 PM9/15/05
In article <dgcj8t$km1$1...@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Mike
<n...@here.thank.you> writes
I only pointed out that I think June was replying to Mike from Lincs
before your ego got in the way, but for the record I've always thought
you to be a bit of an arse ever since you posted the nonsense about
having to resign as a councillor so you could fight private battles.

--
David

Mike

Sep 15, 2005, 5:43:27 PM9/15/05

> I only pointed out that I think June was replying to Mike from Lincs
> before your ego got in the way, but for the record I've always thought
> you to be a bit of an arse ever since you posted the nonsense about
> having to resign as a councillor so you could fight private battles.
>
> --
> David

Not nonsense at all. If I want action I get it. I was 'tied' as a
councillor. And BTW, get your facts right, I didn't resign, I just didn't
stand at the next Elections. There is a bit of a difference.

The amount of pratts on this newsgroup is quite amazing, where do you all
come from? Why do you control freaks come onto this newsgroup?

This newsgroup and gardening would be such a wonderful thing if you were to
take your fingers off the 'I am in charge' button.

David

Sep 15, 2005, 6:12:23 PM9/15/05
In article <dgcptv$hv5$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Mike
<n...@here.thank.you> writes
Mike, you really do need to get a life

--
David

Mike

Sep 16, 2005, 3:10:12 AM9/16/05

> Mike, you really do need to get a life
>
> --
> David

????????

You have my deepest sympathy for you problem. I should try and change your
life style if I were you, it might clear your problem up.

Have a nice day ........ if you can.

Mike

Bob Smith

Sep 16, 2005, 3:44:04 AM9/16/05

>> Cats are classed as 'wild'
>> animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.
>
> and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit
>
> Mike

Got any recipes?

Bob

Mike

Sep 16, 2005, 3:54:12 AM9/16/05

"Bob Smith" <bob@nospamplease> wrote in message

As I understand it Bob you just treat it as Rabbit. The fur can be used as a
fur trim on slippers etc

Mike

Bob Smith

Sep 16, 2005, 4:23:52 AM9/16/05

"Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message
Or a small rug...

Bob

Mike

Sep 16, 2005, 4:28:29 AM9/16/05

"Bob Smith" <bob@nospamplease> wrote in message
Two cats would make a pair of slippers :-))

Mike

Bob Smith

Sep 16, 2005, 6:16:52 AM9/16/05

"Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message

http://www.loko.ch/creative_corner/catslippers.gif

Mike

Sep 16, 2005, 7:38:18 AM9/16/05

"Bob Smith" <bob@nospamplease> wrote in message

Now there's a good use for cats :-)) The first one yet

Mike

Jupiter

Sep 16, 2005, 12:27:42 PM9/16/05
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" <n...@here.thank.you>
wrote:

The Theft Act 1968 - it is an offence to steal a cat

The Protection of Animals Act 1911 as extended by later legislation -
it is an offence to cruelly ill-treat, beat, kick, infuriate, carry or
convey in a manner which causes unnecessary suffering, commit any act
that will cause unnecessary suffering, abandon or cause to be
abandoned any cat or kitten and to cause anyone to do any of these.

Criminal Damage Act 1971 - Any person who destroys or damages, or
threatens to destroy or damage a cat belonging to another person may
be committing an offence under this Act.

Because cats fall outside of the definitions of cattle or livestock
under the Animals Act 1971 they cannot be held guilty of trespass
under civil law and their owners therefore cannot be held liable for
damage.

There are also laws which could, in the right circumstances, protect
you from the nuisance of cats:

The Environmental Protection Act 1990 - proceedings can be brought
when, in the opinion of the local authority, there is a statutory
nuisance caused by an animal kept in such a place or manner as to be
prejudicial to health or a nuisance.

The Public Health Act 1936 - A local authority can make bye-laws
preventing the keeping of animals so as to be prejudicial to health.

Bob Smith

Sep 16, 2005, 2:33:26 PM9/16/05

"Jupiter" <Jup...@shotmail.com> wrote in message

Cats are not property. When dogs were licensed you had to inform the owner
if you ran one over - not so with a cat.

> The Protection of Animals Act 1911 as extended by later legislation -
> it is an offence to cruelly ill-treat, beat, kick, infuriate, carry or
> convey in a manner which causes unnecessary suffering, commit any act
> that will cause unnecessary suffering, abandon or cause to be
> abandoned any cat or kitten and to cause anyone to do any of these.

It specifically mentions cats? What about rats and mice, who have poisons
specifically made and openly marketed for them? I would think a humane
dispatch of a cat would be within the above mentioned law.

> Criminal Damage Act 1971 - Any person who destroys or damages, or
> threatens to destroy or damage a cat belonging to another person may
> be committing an offence under this Act.

Again, I doubt cats were mentioned at all in this case, although they are
animals, and would come under animal protection laws.

> Because cats fall outside of the definitions of cattle or livestock
> under the Animals Act 1971 they cannot be held guilty of trespass
> under civil law and their owners therefore cannot be held liable for
> damage.
>
> There are also laws which could, in the right circumstances, protect
> you from the nuisance of cats:
>
> The Environmental Protection Act 1990 - proceedings can be brought
> when, in the opinion of the local authority, there is a statutory
> nuisance caused by an animal kept in such a place or manner as to be
> prejudicial to health or a nuisance.
>
> The Public Health Act 1936 - A local authority can make bye-laws
> preventing the keeping of animals so as to be prejudicial to health.

As far as I am concerned, if it is a pet, it should be under control. Keep
it on a lead, or in the house, otherwise it is a stray. The old witch near
me with 7 cats and no litter tray is a threat to human health, since her
cats use my garden as a toilet.

Bob

Mike

Sep 16, 2005, 2:42:14 PM9/16/05

> As far as I am concerned, if it is a pet, it should be under control.
Keep
> it on a lead, or in the house, otherwise it is a stray. The old witch
near
> me with 7 cats and no litter tray is a threat to human health, since her
> cats use my garden as a toilet.
>
> Bob

7 cats? 3 pairs of slippers and a spare :-))

and off course 7 Rabbit look alike pies :-))

Bob Smith

Sep 16, 2005, 2:53:21 PM9/16/05

>> As far as I am concerned, if it is a pet, it should be under control.
> Keep
>> it on a lead, or in the house, otherwise it is a stray. The old witch
> near
>> me with 7 cats and no litter tray is a threat to human health, since her
>> cats use my garden as a toilet.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> 7 cats? 3 pairs of slippers and a spare :-))

I think you might trip on the tails, kinda like having your laces untied.

> and off course 7 Rabbit look alike pies :-))

And 28 authentic immitation lucky rabbit's feet. <salesman> Ginger rabbits
are especially lucky </salesman>

Bob

Jupiter

Sep 17, 2005, 3:26:03 AM9/17/05
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:33:26 +0100, "Bob Smith" <bob@nospamplease>
wrote:

People inclined to steal, treat cruelly, kill or otherwise illtreat
domestic cats should not rely upon your version of the law as being
reliable or authorative.

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:12:55 PM9/17/05

>> > Extra fencing for £25? bargain, go for it.
>>
>> Won't help with the cats though, cats can scale very tall fences.
>>
>> Alan
>>

> Only the once if you put carpet gripper strips along the top :-)))

ROTFL

Alan

> Mike

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:12:56 PM9/17/05

"Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message

If you are so upset about the 'owners' of this newsgroup, why do you bother
to read it, it only seems to serve to get your ire up, and that could be
dangerous to your health?

Alan

> :-))
> Mike

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:12:55 PM9/17/05

> "Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message

>>> Hello Mike. I didn't know you subscribed here.
>>
>> Yes, the owners don't like it because I speak my mind :-)) They are
>> unable
>> to 'Rule' over me. Tough.
>>

> owners?????

I have always been under the impression that it was the cats who owned the
people who feed them!

Alan

> --
> Tumbleweed
>
> email replies not necessary but to contact use;
> tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:12:56 PM9/17/05

"Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message

I'm begining to wonder whether it's your over inflated ego which is causing
you problems.

Alan

Mike

Sep 17, 2005, 3:28:22 PM9/17/05
I'm not upset :-))

They are the ones who get all irate :-))

Mike
Om Shanti ;-))

(They will have a go at me now for top posting :-))

"Alan Holmes" <alan....@virgin.net> wrote in message

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:27:07 PM9/17/05

"Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> wrote in message

From your recent rants, it would seem to me that you want _your_ hand on the
'I am in charge' button!

Alan

Mike

Sep 17, 2005, 3:27:39 PM9/17/05
Problems?

Not me Sir :-))

Tis the others, you watch :-))))

"Alan Holmes" <alan....@virgin.net> wrote in message

Harold Walker

Sep 17, 2005, 3:31:24 PM9/17/05

>> I never use other names.
>> I am me. :-))
>> Take me or leave me.
>> What you see, is what you get.

>> Mike

Well spoken...stay with it and be happy and to those that would wish you to
be otherwise to H... with 'em.......Harold

Mike

Sep 17, 2005, 3:42:56 PM9/17/05
Not at all!! But I don't want others, on a free newsgroup telling me what to
do just because they 'have been here longer'

Sit around and you will see them respond with a load of crap and then they
will have a chatty chatty conversation on the newsgroup, conversation which
could quite well be done by email or picking the telephone up.

:-))

"Alan Holmes" <alan....@virgin.net> wrote in message

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:52:22 PM9/17/05

> <mike_...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
>> that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
>> ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.
>>
>> Mike
>>

> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3Avermin&meta=
>
> They are filthy, destructive and troublesome. Sounds like vermin to me.

Isn't that odd, I was begining to think you are vermin.

Alan

> Bob

Alan Holmes

Sep 17, 2005, 3:52:23 PM9/17/05

"Drew" <Drew....@gardenbanter.co.uk> wrote in message

> mike_...@yahoo.co.uk Wrote:
>> Sorry, they are classed as 'wild' not 'vermin' and cannot be shot like
>> that. You are, legally, not allowed to put your own cat down if it is
>> ill (or dog), it must be done by a vet.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Are you allowed to exterminate someone elses cat?

No!

> Cheers
>
> Drew
>

> --
> Drew

Mike

Sep 17, 2005, 3:52:39 PM9/17/05
Thank you Harold I will. I have a vast circle of friends in different walks
of life and they all know where they stand with me. I have just extended
that circle by joining others on a cruise forum and had the pleasure of
meeting a whole load of them at a party in High Wycombe this time last
Saturday night. It was such a success that many of us have booked to go on a
cruise together, 18 at present, fly out to Bermuda to join the ship, visit,
St Lucia, (will be there in the new year at the start of a World Cruise) St
Kitts, Granada, Antigua, Madeira and back into Southampton :-)) Last
Saturday was a six hour party, this next one is a 14 day party :-)) And no
one is a control freak and has 'been here the longest' and not a Net Nanny
in sight :-)) we are all equal :-))

Mike

:-))

"Harold Walker" <middleto...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Mike

Sep 17, 2005, 3:54:14 PM9/17/05

> Not if they are looking :-))
>

> > Cheers
> >
> > Drew
> >

> > --
> > Drew

Harold Walker

Sep 17, 2005, 4:15:43 PM9/17/05

> Thank you Harold I will. I have a vast circle of friends in different
> walks
> of life and they all know where they stand with me. I have just extended
> that circle by joining others on a cruise forum and had the pleasure of
> meeting a whole load of them at a party in High Wycombe this time last
> Saturday night. It was such a success that many of us have booked to go on
> cruise together, 18 at present, fly out to Bermuda to join the ship,
> visit,
> St Lucia, (will be there in the new year at the start of a World Cruise)
> St
> Kitts, Granada, Antigua, Madeira and back into Southampton :-)) Last
> Saturday was a six hour party, this next one is a 14 day party :-)) And no
> one is a control freak and has 'been here the longest' and not a Net Nanny
> in sight :-)) we are all equal :-))
>
> Mike
>
>A pleasure Mike from one that also tells it 'like it is' and often much to
>the displeasure of others.....I sometimes laugh when asked for an opinion
>re something or other and the 'asker' gets pissed off at my answer....why
>on earth would thay wish to ask for an opinion only to get p'd off....many
>is the time I have known exactly what they would have liked me to say
>but....I do not play games...way too old for stupid games like
>that......stay with it young man and enjoy.....Harold

Bob Smith

Sep 17, 2005, 5:55:45 PM9/17/05

"Alan Holmes" <alan....@virgin.net> wrote in message
Then I shall come around to your house and shit on your garden.

Bob Smith

Sep 18, 2005, 6:23:56 PM9/18/05

"Alan Holmes" <alan....@virgin.net> wrote in message

Hmm, no reply, how about if you post your address, I promise to come around
and dig a few of your plants up, make your back garden smell permanently of
piss, and give your kids worms that will make them blind.

Thought not, motherfucker.

Grumach Macabre of Auchterloonie

Sep 22, 2005, 3:14:25 PM9/22/05
The message <dgcptv$hv5$1...@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>
from "Mike" <n...@here.thank.you> contains these words:

> The amount of pratts on this newsgroup is quite amazing, where do you all
> come from? Why do you control freaks come onto this newsgroup?

> This newsgroup and gardening would be such a wonderful thing if you were to
> take your fingers off the 'I am in charge' button.

You know, you never said a truer word.

It will be a better place when you are gone.

--

,,,
}»«<üüüü(@>

Grumach Macabre of Auchterloonie

Sep 22, 2005, 3:20:30 PM9/22/05
The message <432de...@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>
from "Bob Smith" <bob@nospamplease> contains these words:

> Hmm, no reply, how about if you post your address, I promise to come around
> and dig a few of your plants up, make your back garden smell permanently of
> piss, and give your kids worms that will make them blind.

> Thought not, motherfucker.

You should put a sig-separator before that last word.

--

,,,
}»«<üüüü(@>

david taylor

Sep 25, 2005, 6:51:27 AM9/25/05
My granny used to use cayenne pepper against cats-dogs don't like it either.
You can still buy it cheaply at an ethnic market or emporium.
My son used it in Glasgow against a persitent fouling dog and it worked.
He did make the mistake of telling the dog owner who reacted badly.
Regards
David T