St. Lobster :-)

David Dalton

Jun 5, 2023, 7:39:14 PM6/5/23
Earlier today my nephew-in-law gave me a live lobster
that I then had to cook for my ill brother. I didn't
like doing that since I don't like plunging a live
lobster into boiling water. But I did it.

Then when it was cooked I did my blessing on the dead
on it, including a link to Fiddler's Green and its harbour
https://www.irishsongs.com/lyrics.php?Action=view&Song_id=113 .

I then divined by perineum click divination that the
lobster had gone into the beyond afterlife and so
is no longer eligible for reincarnation.

I then considered possible soul alignments for the
lobster, first Gahan House and The Trinity Pub in
St. John's, but those were rejected. I then
suggested Mrs. Liddy's, the oldest bar in Newfoundland,
which is likely to be around for a while, and that
was accepted. Of course a more appropriate soul
alignment there would be with Mrs. Liddy, but
I divined that she has reincarnated (as a dolphin), so
such a soul alignment is no longer possible. See
https://m.facebook.com/MrsLiddys/?_rdr&wtsid=rdr_0EGNbUpHCg5NV7n9I

"And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)

RustyHinge

Sep 2, 2023, 3:18:41 PM9/2/23
On 06/06/2023 00:39, David Dalton wrote:

> Earlier today my nephew-in-law gave me a live lobster
> that I then had to cook for my ill brother. I didn't
> like doing that since I don't like plunging a live
> lobster into boiling water. But I did it.

/snip/

There is a spot somewhere between the eyes where you can push a pin and
kill the lobster instantly,allegedly, but if you cant find the knack
online, the next-best-bet is to boil somewater, let it cool and place
the lobster (or crab) in it.

Boiling the water drives off oxygen in solution and the crustacian dies
painlessly.

The quality of the meat is much enhanced too, as on expiring, all the
muscles are relaxed.

--
Rusty Hinge

David Dalton

Sep 2, 2023, 10:19:31 PM9/2/23
On Sep 2, 2023, RustyHinge wrote
(in article <ud01qf$h5nj$1...@dont-email.me>):

> On 06/06/2023 00:39, David Dalton wrote:
>
> > Earlier today my nephew-in-law gave me a live lobster
> > that I then had to cook for my ill brother. I didn't
> > like doing that since I don't like plunging a live
> > lobster into boiling water. But I did it.
>
> /snip/
>
> There is a spot somewhere between the eyes where you can push a pin and
> kill the lobster instantly,allegedly,

My ex-chef brother knows how to do it, and I will have
to get him to explain it to me before next year’s season.

> but if you cant find the knack
> online, the next-best-bet is to boil somewater, let it cool and place
> the lobster (or crab) in it.
>
> Boiling the water drives off oxygen in solution and the crustacian dies
> painlessly.
>
> The quality of the meat is much enhanced too, as on expiring, all the
> muscles are relaxed.

Thanks.