coarse fishing (cleveland uk)

Dean Taylor

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
can any one tell me where there are some good places to fish in the
cleveland area of england

STEPHEN WILSON

Oct 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/3/99

Dean Taylor <de...@d-a-t.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> can any one tell me where there are some good places to fish in the
> cleveland area of england
>

> Where do you want to fish ? River or Stillwater?

For river fishing look no further that the Tees. Many clubs in the area
joined to form the Lower Tees Amalgamation - fishing from Thornaby up to
Preston Park. There are free stretches in Yarm itself or you could join Yarm
AA and fish their part of the river though they are expensive to join.
Wilton Angling Club are in the lower Tees amal. and their fees are much
lower.

For stillwater fishing you could try the fisheries in the Great Broughton /
Stokesley area (not strictly Cleveland but not far off) such as Wainstones
Fishery (run by ex-england youth international Mark Pitchers), or Whitehouse
Caravan Park - both have big bream and carp. The Whittakers Pond on the A19
near the Tontine is another good carp water.

Joining a local club, of which there are many, will also get you access to
other waters as part of club membership. Try speaking to Peter Rambow of
Cleveland Angling Centre , Thornaby or steve Bland of Middlesbrough Anglers
Choice. Better still , join our club, Wilton AC , of which I am secretary.

--
Regards
Stephen Wilson

Tel:01642 503659
e-mail: stephe...@westminsterclose.freeserve.co.uk

chevin

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
"Dean Taylor" <de...@d-a-t.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>can any one tell me where there are some good places to fish in the
>cleveland area of england

Don't know what it is like now, or even if fishing is allowed in it,
but the lake in Ward-Jackson Park in West Hartlepool used to have some
pretty fair tench in it. chevin

Arthur Suggitt

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
Are you thinking of joining a local angling club or are you visiting
for a one off?

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 21:52:19 +0100, "Dean Taylor"

John

Oct 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/4/99
In article <938897557.24795.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, Dean
Taylor <de...@d-a-t.demon.co.uk> writes

>can any one tell me where there are some good places to fish in the
>cleveland area of england

Here's a few places to try....

River Tees, Croft - 01642 676473
River Tees, Yarm - 01642 676473
River Tees, Thornaby - 01642 676473
Rossmere Park Lane, Hartlepool - 01429 266522
Charlton's, Billingham - 01642 532034
Tilery Lake, Wingate - 01642 890767
River Leven, Low Leven - 01642 760953

Tight things

--
John S To E-Mail, remove my-trousers first!
If you wish to have your Internet account terminated,