Watermota K2Marine engine

kimsiddorn

Mar 3, 2010, 6:10:02 AM3/3/10
I acquired a two stroke twin marine engine the other day. It looked to me
like a K2 Watermota & a little research this morning indicates that it is
indeed one of they beasts. Here's some pics (reduced!)

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2489112370036810695RXEJml

It is quite solid, but as it has its plugs in the cylinders, I have some
hopes of moving it - not so hard on two strokes as a rule. It is complete
with square bodied ML (I think) magneto, original Amal carb & exhaust
manifolds. They scrub up well & Prestons currently have one for sale

http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/Watermota_Marine_3.jpg

Now all I have to do is decide what to do with it!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Andy Dingley

Mar 3, 2010, 10:01:38 AM3/3/10
On 3 Mar, 11:10, "kimsiddorn" <kim.sidd...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I acquired a two stroke twin marine engine the other day. It looked to me
> like a K2 Watermota

That's going to be a cute little engine when polished up!

Are those water jackets electrolytically formed? I'd love one of
those early engines with copper jackets.

NHH

Mar 3, 2010, 3:29:22 PM3/3/10

Them's pretty things with their copper water jackets. Don't you have a
K1 lurking somewhere as well?

NHH

campingstoveman

Mar 3, 2010, 3:15:32 PM3/3/10
Kim

It wants to be mounted in a boat cut length ways to display it.

Martin P

"kimsiddorn" <kim.s...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

campingstoveman

Mar 3, 2010, 3:20:47 PM3/3/10
Gentlemen,

By chance somebody on the kiddies forum is looking for a K2 and has put up
pictures of a K2 and 2 to look at.
http://www.stationary-engine.net/forum/showthread.php?p=92352#post92352

Martin P

kimsiddorn

Mar 4, 2010, 7:45:28 AM3/4/10
Actually, Nick, yes, I do have a K1 as well! It is in much better nick & is
one of the engines I bought in my First Incarnation of interest in the
1970's.

'course, I'm torn now because I have so much to do already ..........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

John

Mar 5, 2010, 8:09:35 AM3/5/10
On 3 Mar, 20:15, "campingstoveman" <martin.per...@btopenworld.com>
wrote:

> Kim
>
> It wants to be mounted in a boat cut length ways to display it.
>
> Martin P

Do you mean the engine or the boat?
Regardless of the answer, in my experience, neither work very well
after being cut in half.

John

Roland Craven

Mar 5, 2010, 10:40:07 AM3/5/10
Mounting in a boat sounds problematical and surely display is possible
without being sliced in two :-)

ttfn
Roland

"campingstoveman" <martin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

Sam McGill

Apr 30, 2021, 5:57:31 PM4/30/21
Hi there,

I have a yacht built in 1924 with a K2 WaterMota installed, and am currently restoring her. There are some parts I need for the engine to get it running again. Are there any societies, hobbyists or people you know of who might have some parts stashed away?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sam McGill

Bradley

Mar 27, 2022, 2:18:03 AM3/27/22
replying to Sam McGill, Bradley wrote:
Have parts for Watermota K2. Will dig them out and send a list if you're still
interested.

--
for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/uk-engines/watermota-k2marine-engine-27457-.htm

Bradley

Mar 27, 2022, 2:18:04 AM3/27/22

Sam McGill

Aug 21, 2022, 5:11:03 PM8/21/22
Hi Bradley,

Very interested in the parts you have, please contact me on sammc...@gmail.com

Cheers,
Sam

Sam McGill

Aug 21, 2022, 5:11:56 PM8/21/22
Sam mcgill 25 @
gmail dot com

Sam McGill

Aug 21, 2022, 10:01:41 PM8/21/22
Hi Bradley, Sorry for the late response, I am very interested!