Re: New houses no longer needed after covid?

1 view

Commander Kinsey

Apr 18, 2022, 12:32:30 PM4/18/22
On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:29:57 +0100, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:

> On 04/18/2022 07:58 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

>>> I had in mind a motorcycle... I do have a completely inadequate light
>>> on the bicycle that I needed to satisfy are requirement.
>>
>> What requirement? Bicycles aren't legislated here.
>
> Private trail with helmets and lights required.

What arsehole dictated that? And how does he enforce it? And why do you have private trails? In the UK I can cycle, walk, run, canoe, and swim any fucking where I want to, naked, with no helmet, no buoyancy aid, no lights.

> I think lights are
> required in the city but I've never ridden there after dark.

I would prefer a bicycle had no lights than one brighter than my car headlights, and fucking well flashing. How do they think it's safe if the 2 tonne vehicle approaching them can't see where they're going?

>> Get proper suspension. Mine has suspension on the front forks, and also
>> down near the front gears the whole frame has suspension. I can go
>> flying over any bump without feeling it or falling off. What was really
>> funny was when I was with a friend, my bike was £500, his was £2500, his
>> suspension snapped as we went over the top of a mountain. It was only a
>> month old. That shut him up from boasting about his wonderful super
>> light weight bike which kept getting stolen.
>
> Both of mine have suspension forks and hard tails. Full suspension bikes
> have their drawbacks. The one had a suspension seat post but the other
> didn't when I rode the rough trail. The suspension seat post saves your
> ass without adding weight and complexity.

Mut...@dastardlyhq.com

Mar 7, 2023, 4:58:05 AM3/7/23
On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:32:26 +0100
"Commander Kinsey" <C...@nospam.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:29:57 +0100, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>> Private trail with helmets and lights required.
>
>u have private trails? In the UK I can cycle, walk, run, canoe, and swi=
>m any fucking where I want to, naked, with no helmet, no buoyancy aid, n=
>o lights.

Who told you that? A lot of sections of river are privately owned. Ditto lakes
and ponds. It might be the case in scotland but in the rest of UK it most
definately is not.

Brian Gaff

Mar 8, 2023, 4:24:51 AM3/8/23
I missed the start of this thread, looks like a troll to me.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
<Mut...@dastardlyhq.com> wrote in message

Rod Speed

Mar 8, 2023, 1:20:53 PM3/8/23
Brian Gaff <brian...@gmail.com> wrote

> I missed the start of this thread, looks like a troll to me.

Most of the PHucker's are.

Peeler

Mar 8, 2023, 2:00:39 PM3/8/23
On Thu, 09 Mar 2023 05:20:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID: <f9056fe6-1479-40ff...@googlegroups.com>