danceScape NewsFlash: dance on BRAVO Television ...

1 view

DanceScape

Apr 3, 2008, 12:09:39 AM4/3/08
danceScape NewsFlash: April 2008
http://www.dancescape.com/ezine

Spring is in the air -- come to mention it, dance is in the air too!
In this season of new beginnings, and blossoming romance, we celebrate
how one dancer got his start, find out why one woman wants to dance
only with her husband, and discover why an elongated spine can mean a
longer life:

* dance on BRAVO TV: "Step Up & Dance" New Series
* danceScape Spring Practice Party: April 10th, 8 -10 p.m.
* Ballroom Ballgown Fashion Display at danceScape Practice Party
* danceScape Open Houses & Workshop Registrations
* Re-Broadcast of danceScape on CBC Television's "Fortune Hunters"
* dance HEALTH: Realign Your Spine
* dance LIFE: Matthew & Doris Chiu
* danceScape.TV: New Videos from "Dancing with the Stars"
* FAQ: For Absolute Beginners New to Dancing

dance on BRAVO TV: "Step Up & Dance"
http://www.dancescape.com

Bravo revealed the 12 talented men and women chosen for the new
creative dance competition series "Step It Up & Dance." The series
will showcase what it takes to make it big in the cutthroat dance
industry as the 12 finalists compete in weekly challenges in a variety
of dance styles to get the final "call back" and the chance to become
the ultimate dancer, winning $100,000. See the video provided by
Bravo TV at http://www.dancescape.com/news (click on "Sound On" to
listen to the video clip.

danceScape BURLINGTON PRACTICE PARTY: APRIL 10th
http://www.dancescape.com/events

danceScape's Burlington Spring Practice Party will be on Thursday,
April 10th from 8 to 10 p.m. This event is open to graduates of all
Winter workshop programs, alumni of past programs, semi-private and
private students, and their guests.

See video clips from our last practice party at
http://www.dancescape.com/channels/club-dancescape, portions of which
were featured on CBC Newsworld's "Fortune Hunters".

To RSVP or to order tickets, please email eve...@dancescape.com or
call (905) 633-8808

DESIGNER BALLGOWN FASHION DISPLAY AT danceScape Practice Party
http://www.dancescape.com/couture

danceScape is pleased to present a display of designer Ballgowns &
Latin Dresses from world-class designers, DSI Couture and CHRISANNE of
England.

These ballgowns have never been shown in North America, and we are
pleased to be able to present them for your viewing pleasure at
danceScape's Practice Party. Many of the gowns were showcased by
world-class champions, as well as appeared on various dance television
shows in England and Austria. Get a sneak peek at http://www.dancescape.com/couture.
The dresses retail from CDN $3,500 to over $7,500.

danceScape BURLINGTON OPEN HOUSE
http://www.dancescape.com/lessons

Join us for our FREE Open House in Burlington on Monday, May 5th, and
Thursday, May 8th, 7:30 to 9:00 p.m., 2077 Pine Street (at Pearl) in
downtown Burlington: Refreshments, Free introductory dance lessons,
Workshop Information Sessions, and On-Site Registrations.

Spring Workshops will be starting the week of May 12. Registrations
have already started to come in. In past, some workshops have filled
before our open houses - don't delay; register now! More info. at
http://www.dancescape.com/lessons

http://www.dancescape.com/lessons/faq-for-absolute-beginners

We've started a Frequently Asked Questions section. Right now, we've
focussed on questions that Ballroom and Latin Absolute Beginners (or
those about to absolutely begin) ask us. You can find the section in
our lessons section at www.dancescape.com/lessons. As we're always
looking to expand, please email any questions you have, or tips you
have to share to edi...@dancescape.com

danceScape Re-Broadcast on CBC Television's "Fortune Hunters"
http://www.dancescape.com/about/business-opportunities

danceScape was recently featured on CBC Newsworld's "Fortune
Hunters". If you missed founder Robert Tang's "blooper" with
Billionaire Venture capitalist, Tim Draper, you can see it again not
only in one episode, but also the "finale" wrap-up episode, both
online at http://www.cbc.ca/news/fortunehunters (all episodes of the
series are now available there!). Never-before-seen videos and post
interviews will be available next week at www.dancescape.com/channels.

The team from Fortune Hunters is pleased to announce that the main CBC
Television Network will be re-broadcasting the series in its entirety,
beginning June 8th at 11:00 a.m. EST (after Coronation Street).
danceScape is featured in episode 9, which should air on August 3rd.

And if you're travelling on Air Canada or passing through major
airports across Canada, you'll also be able to see episodes of Fortune
Hunters.

As a result of the TV show, there are some upcoming exciting
announcements. Please stay tuned!

dance HEALTH: Realign Your Spine
http://www.dancescape.com/ezine/wellness

Dr. Jason Twardowski, our resident dancer/chiropractor, shares his
invaluable advice for dancers of all styles on proper posture - not
just for aesthetics, but for your long-lasting health! Realign your
spine by reading more in our wellness area. More info. at
http://www.dancescape.com/ezine/wellness

dance LIFE
http://www.dancescape.com/ezine/people

This month we feature an article on up-and-coming dancer Matthew
Chiu. He and his mother Doris talked to us about his experiences at
The National Ballet School of Canada, The Ailey School in New York
City, and the role that dance has taken in each of their lives. Find
out how the Chius are keeping it 'All in the Family' -- including
Doris' "dream dance partner" -- by reading the article here:
http://www.dancescape.com/ezine/people

For those of you who missed last month's profile, check out our
interview with Alida Esmail as she talks about her "First Time".

danceScape.TV VIDEO FEATURES
http://www.dancescape.tv

Check out the newest additions to www.dancescape.tv! We've got
stories of:

* Health benefits of African Dance (http://www.dancescape.tv/
img2536.htm)
* Updates on Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance
(http://www.dancescape.tv/dance75.htm)
* Highlights from a Youth Ballroom Competition (http://
www.dancescape.tv/img2528.htm)

and much more! With over 2,480 Videos in 122 Channels, there's sure
to be something that will interest you! Highlights also available on
our global dance forums at http://forums.dancescape.com

As always, if you have a question you want answered, a tip you'd like
to share, an idea for an article, or a nominee for an interview,
contact us at edi...@dancescape.com.

www.dancescape.com
www.dancescape.TV
www.shopdancescape.com