Video: Aggressive Liverpool driver kicks school run cyclist – but police can’t find driver

swldx...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2021, 8:03:36 AM10/27/21
Only a matter of time before this thug is caught.

Police ​have been unable to trace an aggressive driver who got out of his vehicle and kicked a cyclist returning home from the school run – despite the incident being caught on film by the victim, who has expressed their frustration at the failure to bring the man to justice.

The shocking incident took place in Woolton, Liverpool in March, with the cyclist subsequently submitting footage to Merseyside Police.

The cyclist was riding a triple tandem, clearly made to take small children, when the driver of a black Range Rover cut across them at a junction.

The motorist stopped a little further up the road, and the cyclist rode over – at which point the driver got out of the vehicle and ran across the road and kicked out.

“He kicked my camera and caught my hand at the same time, I dropped the bike and then the guy in the van came and he scurried back to his car,” the cyclist, who wishes to remain anonymous, told road.cc.

In a tweet posted in late May to their Twitter account, which is now protected, the cyclist said: “Police called today, officer apologised that they had the video but never got a notification from the portal to say so. Not sure if I believe that or not.

“Anyway he asked me what direction I would like to take this incident. Started talking about the guy writing me an apology.”

Asking their followers for advice, they said: “I feel I'm being coerced into a 'non punishment' and not sure if I like the thought of reading a crappy apology letter anyway. What should I do?

They added: “Also the officer said although it was road rage he was a pedestrian at the time... Is that how it works?”

Last week, the cyclist tweeted again to say that police had been unable to establish who the motorist was, with the company that had leased the vehicle not responding to a request to disclose the identity of the driver.

“Merseyside Police have given up looking for this guy despite having his vehicle registration and a very good picture of his face,” they tweeted. “What can I do now if anything?

“Disappointed to hear that the lease company failed to nominate who was driving and after 6 months it is too late to prosecute. Apparently the lease company will face a fine now but I won't hear the result of that.”

They added: “An ongoing consequence of this incident is a genuine fear of riding across this junction. Which is a real pain as its right next to my kids’ school. So we have to ride around and go in the longer way. I doubt the guy thinks much about it at all if ever.”

Reflecting on the police’s handling of the case, the cyclist told road.cc: “My tweets pretty much sum it up, but it was an initial oversight of not watching the video for two months until I contacted them to ask what is happening then a little scurrying of action then they ran the clock out waiting for a sub-leasing company to reply, which they never did.

“They never informed me it was a summary offence,” the cyclist added. “If I’d known this, I would have posted the video months ago.”

https://road.cc/content/news/police-cant-find-driver-who-kicked-school-run-cyclist-287345

Mike Collins

Oct 27, 2021, 8:21:09 AM10/27/21
Standard behaviour for 'law abiding' motorists.

JNugent

Oct 27, 2021, 9:19:58 AM10/27/21

> Only a matter of time before this thug is caught.
>
> Police ​have been unable to trace an aggressive driver who got out of his vehicle and kicked a fairy-cyclist returning home from the school run – despite the incident being caught on film by the victim, who has expressed their frustration at the failure to bring the man to justice.
> The shocking incident took place in Woolton, Liverpool in March, with the fairy-cyclist subsequently submitting footage to Merseyside Police.
> The fairy-cyclist was riding a triple tandem, clearly made to take small children, when the driver of a black Range Rover cut across them at a junction.
> The motorist stopped a little further up the road, and the fairy-cyclist rode over [towards him]

Why?

I wouldn't do that.

Would you?

The better part of valour is discretion.

> – at which point the driver got out of the vehicle and ran across the road and kicked out.
> “He kicked my camera and caught my hand at the same time, I dropped the fairy-bike and then the guy in the van came and he scurried back to his car,” the fairy-cyclist, who wishes to remain anonymous, told road.cc.
> In a tweet posted in late May to their Twitter account, which is now protected, the cyclist said: “Police called today, officer apologised that they had the video but never got a notification from the portal to say so. Not sure if I believe that or not.
> “Anyway he asked me what direction I would like to take this incident. Started talking about the guy writing me an apology.”
> Asking their followers for advice, they said: “I feel I'm being coerced into a 'non punishment' and not sure if I like the thought of reading a crappy apology letter anyway. What should I do?
> They added: “Also the officer said although it was road rage he was a pedestrian at the time... Is that how it works?”

You can't charge anyone with a traffic offence they haven't committed.

What offence does this fairy-cyclist say *has* been committed?

> Last week, the fairy-cyclist tweeted again to say that police had been unable to establish who the motorist was, with the company that had leased the vehicle not responding to a request to disclose the identity of the driver.
> “Merseyside Police have given up looking for this guy despite having his vehicle registration and a very good picture of his face,” they tweeted. “What can I do now if anything?

Hire a private detective?

> “Disappointed to hear that the lease company failed to nominate who was driving and after 6 months it is too late to prosecute. Apparently the lease company will face a fine now but I won't hear the result of that.”

Why would he *want* to, except out of malicious vindictiveness?

> They added: “An ongoing consequence of this incident is a genuine fear of riding across this junction. Which is a real pain as its right next to my kids’ school. So we have to ride around and go in the longer way. I doubt the guy thinks much about it at all if ever.”
>
> Reflecting on the police’s handling of the case, the fairy-cyclist told road.cc: “My tweets pretty much sum it up, but it was an initial oversight of not watching the video for two months until I contacted them to ask what is happening then a little scurrying of action then they ran the clock out waiting for a sub-leasing company to reply, which they never did.
>
> “They never informed me it was a summary offence,” the cyclist added. “If I’d known this, I would have posted the video months ago.”

What unproven offence were they talking about?

> https://road.cc/content/news/police-cant-find-driver-who-kicked-school-run-cyclist-287345

JNugent

Oct 27, 2021, 9:25:29 AM10/27/21
On 27/10/2021 01:21 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> [...]

>> They added: “An ongoing consequence of this incident is a genuine fear of riding across this junction. Which is a real pain as its right next to my kids’ school. So we have to ride around and go in the longer way. I doubt the guy thinks much about it at all if ever.”
>>
>> Reflecting on the police’s handling of the case, the cyclist told road.cc: “My tweets pretty much sum it up, but it was an initial oversight of not watching the video for two months until I contacted them to ask what is happening then a little scurrying of action then they ran the clock out waiting for a sub-leasing company to reply, which they never did.
>>
>> “They never informed me it was a summary offence,” the fairy-cyclist added. “If I’d known this, I would have posted the video months ago.”
Just like you, I would be fairly confident that there is more (by way of
antecedence) to this incident than the fairy-cyclist recounts.

Why would anyone attack someone simply proceeding in their general
direction without any outward sign of malicious intent?

Would *you* have attacked that fairy-cyclist without provocation?

If not, why would anybody do it?

Mike Collins

Oct 27, 2021, 11:23:21 AM10/27/21
On Wednesday, 27 October 2021 at 14:25:29 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

> fairy-cyclist

And lost the argument.

JNugent

Oct 27, 2021, 11:33:44 AM10/27/21
:-)

I knew you wouldn't address the issues.

There's more to that story than the fairy-cyclist is telling.

And you aren't even trying to argue against that. You could always try
lying again (the old stand-by), but even you realise that it wouldn't work.

swldx...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2021, 12:13:54 PM10/27/21
Especially ones from Scouseville. :-)

swldx...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2021, 12:24:37 PM10/27/21
On Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at 1:21:09 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> Standard behaviour for 'law abiding' motorists.

Looks a bit like a drug dealer to me:

https://cdn.road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/liverpool-assault-02.png

Mike Collins

Oct 27, 2021, 1:00:24 PM10/27/21

JNugent

Oct 27, 2021, 6:10:55 PM10/27/21
What a pity it is that you have no sense of irony. And about as much of
a sense of humour.

And no concept of truth whatever.

Rob Morley

Nov 25, 2021, 11:10:41 AM11/25/21
Looks like a typical case of foetal alcohol syndrome to me.

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2021, 12:05:51 PM11/25/21
Lots of them about in Liverpool.

Rob Morley