Cyclist branded ‘grass’ after ‘catching 18 Scots drivers on their phones & trying to get worker sacked

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 1:32:25 AM1/28/23
A VIGILANTE cyclist has been branded a "grass" after he filmed several drivers apparently using their mobile phones at the wheel and tried to have a worker sacked.

The two-wheeled crusader took to the streets of Edinburgh on his bike this week with a body camera attached in a bid to catch out drivers who were using their devices.

The man filmed himself as he cycled through queues of stationary cars stuck in traffic and got close enough to the windows to try to catch the drivers on their phones.

Sharing the footage on Twitter, the user claimed that he had caught 18 drivers in total on their traffic patrol and tagged Police Scotland to alert them to the footage.

But he has since been forced to delete the clips and shut down the account following a furious backlash from the public.

Hundreds of users vented their fury at the man for his actions and branded him a "grass" for alerting cops.

One driver was spotted behind the wheel of a HSS Hire vehicle using their phone, and the hire company was tagged in the thread by the cyclist.

They have now confirmed that they have launched an investigation into the worker, with many speculating that the man could lose his job.

Responding to the post, HHS Hire wrote: "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will investigate this. Regards, the HSS Hire team."

Furious locals flocked to the comments to beg the company not to fire their employee, with many adding they would "boycott" the business if they did so.

One person said: "DO NOT FIRE YOUR EMPLOYEE because of the cyclists post! Please. It is not a proportionate punishment. He will get a fixed penalty notice and that's the end of it. This cyclist is a horrible human being."

Another added: "I hope you will simply have a chat with the driver advise him to be more careful. Yes it's wrong but he was sat in traffic, not causing any real danger. I really hope you do not take action such as dismissal for this. He probably has a family to support."

Someone else posted: "I hope you just give him a warning and don't fire him. It was stationary. You don't know what this fella has going on at home."

A fourth wrote: "Cmon a warning should be enough, you don't want to ruin a man's life."

While a fifth chimed in: "If it gets out that you've done anything other than have a quiet word, you can expect to lose a lot of business, starting with mine."

Others directed their anger to the poster, who has now deleted his account, calling him a "coward".

A user said: "Wait, so you went out of your way to try and get this guy fired? You are easily the worst person anyone will hear about today."

A second added: "So, this guy is sat in a queue, yes illegal but not causing a problem or danger to anyone, and you try to get him sacked - in this climate. This is what you are."

Another simply wrote: "Coward and a grass. Nice". While someone else vented: "He wasn't driving though was he, he was stuck in a traffic jam, no he shouldn't have been on his phone but maybe a quick word would've been better than potentially getting this bloke sacked. Well done, bet you're one proud grass."

HSS Hire has been approached for comment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/motors/10128891/cyclist-drivers-phones-worker-sacked/

Spike

Jan 28, 2023, 4:12:37 AM1/28/23

The backlash against self-entitled cyclists begins?

MORE PLEASE!
--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 6:22:03 AM1/28/23
QUOTE:A VIGILANTE cyclist has been branded a "grass" after he filmed several drivers apparently using their mobile phones at the wheel and tried to have a worker sacked ENDS

Sounds like a load of whining scousers moaning at store detectives shopping them for thieving.

DON'T BREAK THE LAW - IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

Spike

Jan 28, 2023, 6:55:44 AM1/28/23
TELL THAT TO PAVEMENT CYCLISTS.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 9:34:26 AM1/28/23
On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 11:22:03 AM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE:A VIGILANTE cyclist has been branded a "grass" after he filmed several drivers apparently using their mobile phones at the wheel and tried to have a worker sacked ENDS
>
> Sounds like a load of whining scousers moaning at store detectives shopping them for thieving.

"Eh, wack. You grassed me up to the bizzies for buying fake baccy from Mick's corner shop."
"Be a shame if your racing bods got torched, eh?"