Hull resident probably won't get the London Mayor he wanted

JNugent

May 3, 2012, 6:35:35 PM5/3/12
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/03/london-mayor-and-local-elections-2012-live-polling-day-coverage#block-39>

QUOTE:
In London, a YouGov poll showed Boris Johnson, the Tory candidate and current
mayor, on 53% to 47% for Ken Livingstone, his Labour rival and predecessor.
Livingstone has proved less popular than his party, while Johnson has proved
more popular...
ENDQUOTE

"...more popular...".

Yes, there's such a thing as counting your chickens, etc.

JNugent

May 3, 2012, 6:42:07 PM5/3/12
Sorry to be so crass as to reply my own post (I know that no-one else would
dream of doing the same), but there's now also:

<http://www.jta.org/news/article/2012/05/03/3094651/johnson-leads-livingstone-in-london-mayoral-election-exit-poll>

Livingstone is, of course, commonly perceived as barking mad.

Oh, and there is:

<http://www.londonthenews.com/news/World/20120503/31797281/Livingstone-trailing-in-London-mayoral-election-exit-poll.htm>

Squashme

May 3, 2012, 6:46:44 PM5/3/12
On May 3, 11:35 pm, JNugent <jennings...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> <http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/may/03/london-mayor-and-local...>
>
> QUOTE:
> In London, a YouGov poll showed Boris Johnson, the Tory candidate and current
> mayor, on 53% to 47% for Ken Livingstone, his Labour rival and predecessor.
> Livingstone has proved less popular than his party, while Johnson has proved
> more popular...
> ENDQUOTE
>
> "...more popular...".
>
> Yes, there's such a thing as counting your chickens, etc.

With the Tories around, there's such a thing as counting your spoons.
They've trousered everything else.

JNugent

May 3, 2012, 6:53:50 PM5/3/12
Only if "your" spoons were the ones you planned to buy with money lifted out
of someone else's pocket.

Simon Mason

May 4, 2012, 12:59:00 AM5/4/12
On May 3, 11:46 pm, Squashme <squas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> With the Tories around, there's such a thing as counting your spoons.
> They've trousered everything else.

David Davis is my MP which is fine by me as I live in a rabidly
Conservative area and have always voted Tory myself.
Kingston upon Hull City Council is Labour controlled and very anti car
and pro public transport and cycling.
Win - win as the late Matt B used to say.

--
Simon Mason

Judith

May 4, 2012, 2:32:52 AM5/4/12
On Thu, 3 May 2012 21:59:00 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason <swld...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 3, 11:46 pm, Squashme <squas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> With the Tories around, there's such a thing as counting your spoons.
>> They've trousered everything else.
>
>David Davis is my MP which is fine by me as I live in a rabidly
>Conservative area and have always voted Tory myself.

ie A working class shit.

--
Simon Mason used to post from BP Chemicals where he works.
He repeatedly said that he was wasting BP's time; and not his own

Squashme

May 4, 2012, 3:58:05 AM5/4/12

JNugent

May 4, 2012, 4:08:38 AM5/4/12
I reckon I was mis-sold unwanted PPI nearly twenty years ago, but I'm not one
to hold grudges and that one incident aside, my bank has been good to me.

Now... that article... do you know? I had no idea that the Conservative Party
owned all those banks. I had thought that the final Labour government
nationalised some of them...

Man at B&Q

May 4, 2012, 4:28:36 AM5/4/12
On May 4, 9:08 am, JNugent <jennings...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 04/05/2012 08:58, Squashme wrote:

> >> Only if "your" spoons were the ones you planned to buy with money lifted out
> >> of someone else's pocket.
>
> > Where have you been?
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/91371...
>
> I reckon I was mis-sold unwanted PPI nearly twenty years ago, but I'm not one
> to hold grudges and that one incident aside, my bank has been good to me.
>
> Now... that article... do you know? I had no idea that the Conservative Party
> owned all those banks. I had thought that the final Labour government
> nationalised some of them...

Just like they nationalised all the other failing industries the time
before. It takes a few years of Tory rule to sort out the mess each
time we let labour have ago.

MBQ

Squashme

May 4, 2012, 4:38:11 AM5/4/12
On May 4, 9:08 am, JNugent <jennings...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 04/05/2012 08:58, Squashme wrote:

> >> Only if "your" spoons were the ones you planned to buy with money lifted out
> >> of someone else's pocket.
>
> > Where have you been?
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/91371...
>
> I reckon I was mis-sold unwanted PPI nearly twenty years ago, but I'm not one
> to hold grudges and that one incident aside, my bank has been good to me.
>
> Now... that article... do you know? I had no idea that the Conservative Party
> owned all those banks. I had thought that the final Labour government
> nationalised some of them...

Yes, that was a radical redistribution of wealth, wasn't it?

Squashme

May 4, 2012, 5:03:25 AM5/4/12
Oh yes, and they were left such a good hand in 1945, weren't they?