Near Miss of the Day 664: Audi driver makes ultra-close pass – then slams the brakes on

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2021, 9:23:04 AM11/21/21
One road.cc reader who recently upgraded his GoPro to get better quality footage of incidents while riding has quickly got a result after an Audi driver made a close pass on him then immediately hit the brakes in what to us clearly looks like an attempt to intimidate the rider.

The footage was shot by road.cc reader The Gnarly Rebel, who told us: “This driver nearly hits me, then slams the brakes on causing me to brake hard, then very slowly pulls away obviously looking for a reaction, he got one! I sent the footage to the police and he/she was ticketed.

“This was on a very busy Friday afternoon on one of the busiest roundabouts in the Doncaster area. If I'd been hit there would've been 100s of witnesses.

“Over the years I've had too many near misses to talk about as I'm sure most of us have. But now I've had enough!

“My friend was recently wing mirrored by three lads in a little Peugeot. He was out on an early morning Sunday ride they decided to have a bit of ‘fun’.

“I upgraded my GoPro to get better quality footage. Now if anyone comes near me they're being reported.”

He added: “Stay safe, keep pedalling!”

https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-664-audi-driver-makes-ultra-close-pass-287977

Mike Collins

Nov 21, 2021, 2:34:33 PM11/21/21
Driver used it's vehicle as a weapon and deliberately put other road users in danger so that is an automatic life driving ban. The only question is the length of the self funded prison sentence. 50 years would seem appropriate.

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2021, 3:46:08 PM11/21/21