Instant Puncture Clogger

Bret Cahill

May 14, 2022, 5:15:43 PM5/14/22
Has anyone seen anything like this? There is no needle or plug that enters the puncture, just a few μ liters of high viscosity sealant injected at high pressure.

It was originally intended as a temporary way to get moving again ASAP.

It's particularly effective against goat heads and small thorns. I often just leave the thorn in the puncture.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bicycling/comments/upq7pd/clog_punctures_before_tire_loses_much_air/i8mbp7i?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share&context=3

swldx...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 9:03:44 AM5/15/22
Nice use of the micro symbol there.
The UK press seem to always be incapable of using it for drunken drivers where they use mg instead of μg of alcohol in breath - they are always 1000x too high and the driver would be dead with that high amount.

JNugent

May 15, 2022, 9:14:09 AM5/15/22
That is not a "micro" symbol.

It is the Greek letter "mu" (its name pronounced "myoo").

To be fair, I wouldn't have expected you to know that. Thanks for not
letting me down.

Bret Cahill

May 15, 2022, 9:51:44 AM5/15/22
A lab in Florida once confused the density of a gas with that of a liquid. It was off 3 orders of magnitude. I caught the error over 2 decades later.

swldx...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 11:52:06 AM5/15/22
The legal alcohol limit in England, Wales and Northern Ireland for driving is 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood or 35 μg of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. In Scotland the limit is 50 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood or 22 μg of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.

Rob Morley

May 17, 2022, 8:18:46 PM5/17/22
On Sun, 15 May 2022 06:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
"swldx...@gmail.com" <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice use of the micro symbol there.
> The UK press seem to always be incapable of using it for drunken
> drivers where they use mg instead of μg of alcohol in breath

It's normal to use a "u" when the mu symbol isn't available, as they
look vaguely similar.

swldx...@gmail.com

May 18, 2022, 5:50:20 AM5/18/22
Most seem to use mcg when the Mu letter in not available.
That's if they realise it's not "milli".

JNugent

May 18, 2022, 9:08:11 AM5/18/22
On 18/05/2022 10:50 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Rob Morley wrote:
>> "swldx...@gmail.com" <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Nice use of the micro symbol there.
>>> The UK press seem to always be incapable of using it for drunken
>>> drivers where they use mg instead of μg of alcohol in breath

RM:
>> It's normal to use a "u" when the mu symbol isn't available, as they
>> look vaguely similar.

> Most seem to use mcg when the Mu letter in not available.
> That's if they realise it's not "milli".

So at last, you've learned the the character in question is the Greek
letter "mu" and not (as you previously stated) a "micro symbol".

swldx...@gmail.com

May 18, 2022, 11:42:05 AM5/18/22
Let's not raise the subject of cm³ versus ml - :-)