Public Transport Good, Private Cars Bad

1 view

Spike

Sep 29, 2022, 7:47:52 AM9/29/22

A few days ago I had to visit a facility in a nearby city.

There was no parking at all at this place, and no street parking either.

The offered solution was for me to drive five miles past the facility to a
Park and Ride, wait up to an hour for the bus, be bussed five miles back to
the facility I had had to drive past. After my visit, I would have had to
wait up to an hour for the bus, be taken the five miles to the Park and
Ride, get my car and drive home, including the five miles back past the
facility.

Somewhere, somehow, this lunatic state of affairs makes sense.

The next quickest way would have been to take a taxi for the return journey
from home, at £120.

Public transport to the facility would involve three changes of bus and
1hr45min each way.

By using ingenuity, the actual journey took 25 minutes, the reason for the
visit took 20 minutes, and so was I back home before the buses I would have
had to take had even got there!

And the loonies want to get rid of private transport and force people to
use public transport instead.

No thanks.

--
Spike