Shocking footage shows driver dangerously overtaking cyclist

swldx...@gmail.com

May 14, 2022, 6:06:15 AM5/14/22
SHOCKING footage captures the moment a driver dangerously overtakes a cyclist.

Thames Valley Police shared a video taken by the cyclist as they were pedalling on the road.

The video shows a black Bentley rushing past the cyclist in the opposite lane to overtake them.

An oncoming car then has to dramatically swerve into the grassy verge to dodge the overtaking car.

Police said: "This driver had to attend a Driver Education Course for not overtaking this cyclist safely.

"When travelling up to 30mph please leave cyclists at least 1.5m of space, if travelling faster then plea."

https://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/news/20137025.shocking-footage-shows-driver-dangerously-overtaking-cyclist/

Spike

May 14, 2022, 7:31:59 AM5/14/22
On 14/05/2022 10:06, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Thames Valley Police shared a video taken by the cyclist as they were pedalling on the road.

Thames Valley Police were pedalling on the road?

> The video shows a black Bentley rushing past the cyclist in the opposite lane to overtake them.

That makes it sound as if the Bentley was completely in the other lane,
and it wasn't.

> An oncoming car then has to dramatically swerve [SIC] into the grassy verge to dodge the overtaking car.

Forgiving the dreadfully split infinitive, up with which we should not
put, one fact stands out in the video:

No car coming the other way even put a wheel over the left-hand white
line. No grass verges were disturbed.

> Police said: "This driver had to attend a Driver Education Course for not overtaking this cyclist safely.
> "When travelling up to 30mph please leave cyclists at least 1.5m of space, if travelling faster then plea."[SIC]

And the expert analysis of the video showed that the gap to the cyclist
was what?

> <https://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/news/20137025.shocking-footage-shows-driver-dangerously-overtaking-cyclist/>

What a badly-written and poorly-researched report.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

May 14, 2022, 10:13:37 AM5/14/22
QUOTE: Police said: "This driver had to attend a Driver Education Course for not overtaking this cyclist safely. ENDS

Did it finally sink in, or did they need two courses?

Spike

May 14, 2022, 11:05:04 AM5/14/22
On 14/05/2022 14:13, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: Police said: "This driver had to attend a Driver Education Course for not overtaking this cyclist safely. ENDS

> Did it finally sink in, or did they need two courses?

The Police say any old crap that makes them look good.

Ask Timothy Evans.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

May 14, 2022, 12:17:32 PM5/14/22
QUOTE:
An oncoming car then has to dramatically swerve into the grassy verge to dodge the overtaking car. ENDS

So the idiot driver affected TWO vehicles then?
No wonder he was nabbed.

Spike

May 15, 2022, 4:13:30 AM5/15/22
Which point in the video shows a 'dramatic swerve into the grassy verge'?

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 6:27:43 AM5/15/22

> An oncoming car then has to dramatically swerve into the grassy verge to dodge the overtaking car.
>
> Police said: "This driver had to attend a Driver Education Course for not overtaking this cyclist safely.

Ah so he was done for the close pass and not for causing the car to swerve onto the grass verge.
That's good!

Spike

May 15, 2022, 8:24:45 AM5/15/22
On 15/05/2022 10:27, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> An oncoming car then has to dramatically swerve [SIC] into the grassy verge to dodge the overtaking car.

>> Police said: "This driver had to attend a Driver Education Course for not overtaking this cyclist safely.

> Ah so he was done for the close pass and not for causing the car to swerve onto the grass verge.

> That's good!

So far, no-one has been able to point to the part of the video that
shows a car swerving onto the grass verge.

None appear to have crossed the nearside edge markings.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 8:58:50 AM5/15/22
Bentley Reg No B6 OGT?
Imagine this Colonel Blimp UKIP gammon having to sit through a road safety course!