Near Miss of the Day 771: MGIF driver “couldn’t have missed us as we were on a tandem”

swldx...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 11:37:37 AM5/22/22
A classic of the ‘Must Get In Front’ genre of near miss here, as the motorist attempts to overtake just before a roundabout before immediately swinging left to take the first exit, prompting a squeal of brakes from the cyclists behind.

And, as road.cc reader Andy tell us, “they couldn’t have missed us as we were on a tandem”.

The unnecessary pass occurred as Andy and his tandem partner were enjoying an evening spin on the Minehead Road in Bristol.

Andy says he had only bought his bike camera the week before, “after getting annoyed at the increase in the number of cagers not aware of what is going on outside their metal box”.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-771-292943

Spike

May 22, 2022, 12:44:25 PM5/22/22
On 22/05/2022 15:37, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> A classic of the ‘Must Get In Front’ genre of near miss here, as the motorist attempts to overtake just before a roundabout before immediately swinging left to take the first exit, prompting a squeal of brakes from the cyclists behind.

> <https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-771-292943>

As road.cc reader Andy tell us, “they couldn’t have missed us as we were
on a tandem”.

Is he complaining about being missed?

Strange people, these road.cc contributors.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 12:47:35 PM5/22/22

> Andy says he had only bought his bike camera the week before, “after getting annoyed at the increase in the number of cagers not aware of what is going on outside their metal box”.

Good to see the motorbiker's term "cager" being used in its rightful place.
urc has used it for decades.

Spike

May 22, 2022, 1:00:17 PM5/22/22
"used it for decades" to no effect at all.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

May 22, 2022, 1:02:15 PM5/22/22

> Andy says he had only bought his bike camera the week before, “after getting annoyed at the increase in the number of cagers not aware of what is going on outside their metal box”.

I've just told Guy Chapman about the wider use of his "cager" term.
He was most chuffed.

Mike Collins

May 23, 2022, 1:09:11 AM5/23/22
If the driver had not seen the victims he would have driven into the back of the them. Clearly the driver did see the tandem and therefore this was knowing dangerous driving.

JNugent

May 23, 2022, 8:43:24 AM5/23/22

> A classic of the ‘Must Get In Front’ genre of near miss here, as the motorist attempts to overtake just before a roundabout before immediately swinging left to take the first exit, prompting a squeal of brakes from the fairy-cyclists behind.
>
> And, as road.cc reader Andy tell us, “they couldn’t have missed us as we were on a fairy-bike-tandem”.
>
> The unnecessary [sic] pass occurred as Andy and his tandem partner were enjoying an [unnecessary] "evening spin" on the Minehead Road in Bristol.
>
> Andy says he had only bought his fairy-bike camera the week before, “after getting annoyed at the increase in the number of cagers not aware of what is going on outside their metal box”.

It doesn't sound as though Andy has a proper and considerate attitude
towards other road-users, does it?

While out on a totally-unnecessary "evening spin", he dismisses the
needs of other people using the roads.

> https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-771-292943

JNugent

May 23, 2022, 8:44:04 AM5/23/22
Only idiotic fairy-cyclists use it.

swldx...@gmail.com

May 23, 2022, 9:11:30 AM5/23/22
hirsute | 5621 posts | 20 hours ago
2 likes

Very similar to a recent submission I made where essex police decided it was a course or 3 points.

ASP seem to good based on previous comments on here. Was it reported to them ?