Near Miss of the Day 648: Quick-thinking cyclist grabs 4x4’s registration number after driver pulls out on him for second time in a week

swldx...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 9:39:31 AM10/26/21
WELL DONE THAT MAN!

A quick-thinking cyclist grabbed a vehicle’s registration details after the same driver pulled out on him at the same location for the second time in a week – resulting in the motorist being sent on a driver education course.

On the second occasion the rider, road.cc reader Andy, made sure he turned his handlebars round to follow the vehicle as the motorist drove away, capturing the registration plate in his footage.

The sound of squealing brakes can clearly be heard as Andy slammed the anchors on as the driver pulled out on him in September last year on a country rode close in East Carlton, a village located just to the north of Leeds-Bradford Airport.

He told us: “The driver of this Kia Sportage pulled out on me from the same junction a week earlier and told me to f**k off when I spoke to her. Unfortunately I didn’t get her registration number.

“The second time, a week later, I remembered to turn the camera to get the registration and submitted to West Yorkshire Police online portal.

“The driver received an educational course for driving without consideration for other road users,” he added.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-648-quick-thinking-rider-grabs-reg-no-287323

JNugent

Oct 26, 2021, 9:47:37 AM10/26/21

> WELL DONE THAT MAN!
>
> A quick-thinking fairy-cyclist grabbed a vehicle’s registration details after the same driver pulled out on him at the same location for the second time in a week – resulting in the motorist being sent on a driver education course.
>
> On the second occasion the fairy-rider, road.cc reader Andy, made sure he turned his handlebars round to follow the vehicle as the motorist drove away, capturing the registration plate in his footage.
>
> The sound of squealing brakes can clearly be heard as Andy slammed the anchors on as the driver pulled out on him in September last year on a country rode close in East Carlton, a village located just to the north of Leeds-Bradford Airport.
>
> He told us: “The driver of this Kia Sportage pulled out on me from the same junction a week earlier and told me to f**k off when I spoke to her. Unfortunately I didn’t get her registration number.
>
> “The second time, a week later, I remembered to turn the camera to get the registration and submitted to West Yorkshire Police online portal.
>
> “The driver received an educational course for driving without consideration for other road users,” he added.
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-648-quick-thinking-rider-grabs-reg-no-287323

Fixed some of the errors for you.

Mike Collins

Oct 26, 2021, 10:14:45 AM10/26/21
On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 14:47:37 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

"fairy-cyclist"

And lost the argument.

swldx...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2021, 12:12:10 PM10/26/21
On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 3:14:45 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> And lost the argument.

What a pleasant young "lady"!

Mr Pounder Esquire

Oct 29, 2021, 1:13:07 PM10/29/21
JNugent wrote:
> On 26/10/2021 02:39 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> WELL DONE THAT MAN!
>>
>> A quick-thinking fairy-cyclist grabbed a vehicle's registration
>> details after the same driver pulled out on him at the same location
>> for the second time in a week - resulting in the motorist being sent
>> on a driver education course. On the second occasion the fairy-rider,
>> road.cc reader Andy, made
>> sure he turned his handlebars round to follow the vehicle as the
>> motorist drove away, capturing the registration plate in his
>> footage. The sound of squealing brakes can clearly be heard as Andy
>> slammed
>> the anchors on as the driver pulled out on him in September last
>> year on a country rode close in East Carlton, a village located just
>> to the north of Leeds-Bradford Airport. He told us: "The driver of this
>> Kia Sportage pulled out on me from
>> the same junction a week earlier and told me to f**k off when I
>> spoke to her. Unfortunately I didn't get her registration number. "The
>> second time, a week later, I remembered to turn the camera to
>> get the registration and submitted to West Yorkshire Police online
>> portal. "The driver received an educational course for driving without
>> consideration for other road users," he added.
>> https://road.cc/content/news/near-miss-day-648-quick-thinking-rider-grabs-reg-no-287323
>
> Fixed some of the errors for you.

I'm getting to the stage of not reading the silly sad Simon Mason Fairy
Cycling group.
Let's try not feeding this wanker and his low intelligence followers for
maybe a week or so?
I'm aware that this NG is good for taking the piss out of the low life on
silly fairy bicycles.

Peter Keller

Oct 30, 2021, 4:37:10 AM10/30/21

On 30/10/21 06:13, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> I'm getting to the stage of not reading the silly sad Simon Mason Fairy
> Cycling group.
> Let's try not feeding this wanker and his low intelligence followers for
> maybe a week or so?
> I'm aware that this NG is good for taking the piss out of the low life on
> silly fairy bicycles.

Oh please stay! It is fun reading your reasoned and considered comments.

YOU SURE SEEM TO ENJOY PINK DICK. YOU SHAMELESS EXHIBITION OF GENETIC
DEFICIENCY

Wrinkled old gay nugget

JNugent

Oct 30, 2021, 6:59:55 AM10/30/21
*If* it ever happened.

Rob Morley

Nov 25, 2021, 10:55:06 AM11/25/21
I've had words with a similar young lady who thought I was in her way
and should be on the pavement. Of course she joined a queue of traffic
seconds later while I cruised past. I suppose it's understandable in
a way that motorists get frustrated with getting stuck in traffic, but
they seem to forget that they /are/ the problem, and cyclists really
don't cause more than a momentary disruption to the flow.

swldx...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2021, 4:34:35 PM11/25/21
On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 3:55:06 PM UTC, Rob Morley wrote:
and cyclists really
> don't cause more than a momentary disruption to the flow.

Indeed - unlike cars, cyclists are ALWAYS moving and therefore not causing traffic jams and hold ups. Which is why you never hear of them in traffic reports.