71-year-old punched in the face by cyclist in Culcheth

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2023, 1:05:54 AM1/27/23
Keep your nose out of other's business.

A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a cyclist in Culcheth on Friday, January 20.

The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday evening.

Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the bus.

The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face.

He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.

Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on Common Lane, Culcheth.

"The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.

"During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury to his face."

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/

JNugent

Jan 27, 2023, 10:00:06 AM1/27/23
On 27/01/2023 06:05 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Keep your nose out of other's business.
>
> A 71-YEAR-OLD man was punched in the face by a fairy-cyclist in Culcheth on Friday, January 20.
>
> The incident was reported to Cheshire Police at around 6pm on Friday evening.
>
> Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that he had been involved in an altercation with a fairy-cyclist when he got off the bus.
>
> The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he got involved with a fairy-cyclist, who then punched him in the face.
>
> He received an injury to his face, and was later taken to the hospital by his partner, where he was treated for his injuries.
>
> Speaking to the Warrington Guardian, a Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson confirmed the incident took place on Friday in Culcheth, saying: "At 6.08pm on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on Common Lane, Culcheth.
>
> "The victim, a 71-year-old man, reported that he had been involved in an altercation with a fairy-cyclist after getting off a bus near Sainsbury's.
>
> "During the altercation, the man was punched in the face causing an injury to his face."
>
> https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/23277068.71-year-old-punched-face-cyclist-culcheth/

Well, isn't that odd?

When a fairy-cyclist claims to have been assaulted, the police say "We
are investigating an assault".

When a criminal fairy-cyclist assaults an elderly pedestrian who objects
to his fairy-cycling on the footway past a bus-stop, the police speak
merely of "reports of an assault".

And mason, as usual, sticks up for the criminal fairy-cyclist: "Two
wheels good, two legs bad".

Simon Mason

Jan 27, 2023, 10:11:52 AM1/27/23
Sounds like an 'entitled' office worker going home rather than a youth judging by the time it occurred.

Spike

Jan 27, 2023, 10:17:04 AM1/27/23
swldx...@gmail.com <swldx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Keep your nose out of other's business.

Being run down by a cyclist /is/ his business.

Hopefully, jail time for the two-wheeled thug.
--
Spike

Simon Mason

Jan 27, 2023, 11:38:31 AM1/27/23
On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 15:11:52 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> Sounds like an 'entitled' office worker going home rather than a youth judging by the time it occurred.

Are they all thugs around there then?

Spike

Jan 27, 2023, 12:00:58 PM1/27/23
The cyclists seem to be…

--
Spike

JNugent

Jan 27, 2023, 12:24:01 PM1/27/23
On 27/01/2023 04:38 pm, Simon Mason...

...pretending to talk to himself but clearly responding to Spike's
part-quoted post, said:

> On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 15:11:52 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

>> Sounds like an 'entitled' office worker going home rather than a youth judging by the time it occurred.

> Are they all thugs around there then?

Fairy-cyclists?

Yes - they are almost all thugs (with few exceptions) pretty much
everywhere.

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2023, 12:57:31 PM1/27/23
The comments agree with me - full of thugs.

JNugent

Jan 27, 2023, 9:45:23 PM1/27/23
On 27/01/2023 05:57 pm, swldx...@gmail.com...

... allegedly talking to himself, said:

> On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 4:38:31 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

... allegedly talking to himself, said:

>> On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 15:11:52 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

>>> Sounds like an 'entitled' office worker going home rather than a youth judging by the time it occurred.
>> Are they all thugs around there then?

> The comments agree with me - full of thugs.

If they agree with you, they're more or less bound to be, aren't they?

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 1:09:58 AM1/28/23
QUOTE: Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that he had been involved in an altercation with a cyclist when he got off the bus. ENDS

That's a silly thing to do - admitting to a police officer that you had been involved in a violent clash with an innocent member of the public. Why wasn't he arrested on the spot?

Spike

Jan 28, 2023, 4:19:53 AM1/28/23
Perhaps the police knew more about the meaning of English words than you
do?

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 6:25:38 AM1/28/23
QUOTE:The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face. ENDS

Let that be a lesson to you - don't pick fights with younger and stronger men than you.

Spike

Jan 28, 2023, 6:54:52 AM1/28/23
Violence….the cyclists’ response to everything.

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 9:30:21 AM1/28/23
QUOTE: "At 6.08pm on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on Common Lane, Culcheth." ENDS

A 71 year old man has already admitted to getting into an "altercation" with a cyclist.

Spike

Jan 28, 2023, 10:59:25 AM1/28/23
“Oi, mate, look where you’re going, this is a bus stop”

<thump>

Yet another case of ‘violence is the answer; what was the question?’?

--
Spike

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 12:21:36 PM1/28/23
Seems to be a hotbed of crime - well it is near Liverpool.

CULCHETH is set for a new average speed camera, after the Police and Crime Commissioner has committed to funding one.

A number of residents have complained about traffic on Warrington Road, with one resident going as far as to say she experienced three near misses in just two weeks.

While Cheshire Constabulary does not hold figures on 'near misses,' the police have confirmed that PCC John Dwyer has committed to funding a new average speed camera for Warrington Road. This is due to the volume of residents that have come forward and raised their concerns with the constabulary.

Posting in a residents' group on social media, one person said: "In the past two weeks we have had three incidents at the traffic lights on Warrington Road.

"All three near accidents were from vehicles either speeding and unable to stop in time or lack of concentration."

Another resident claimed there was confusion over the speed limit in the area, adding: "No one goes at the speed limit, 30mph - most seem to think it's 40mph."

The original report on social media suggests that many vehicles have been speeding into Culcheth via Warrington Road, rather than the other way.

When contacted for comment by the Warrington Guardian, Cheshire Constabulary said: "Following concerns raised by local residents, Police and Crime Commissioner John Dwyer has committed to funding an average speed camera for Warrington Road, Culcheth. "Following a procurement exercise to identify a supplier, we are currently working with Warrington Borough Council to discuss the finer details."

JNugent

Jan 28, 2023, 1:18:27 PM1/28/23
On 28/01/2023 06:09 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: Officers attended the scene, where the 71-year-old man told the police that he had been involved in an altercation with a fairy-cyclist when he got off the bus. ENDS
>
> That's a silly thing to do - admitting to a police officer that you had been involved in a violent clash with an innocent member of the public.

100% agreement. But that's fairy-cyclists for you all day long.

> Why wasn't he arrested on the spot?

They presumably still haven't found him after he scarpered on his
fairy-cycle!

JNugent

Jan 28, 2023, 1:19:03 PM1/28/23
On 28/01/2023 11:25 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE:The man left the bus near Culcheth's Sainsbury's, on Common Lane, when he got involved with a cyclist, who then punched him in the face. ENDS
>
> Let that be a lesson to you - don't pick fights with younger and stronger men than you.

Mason: "Might is right".

JNugent

Jan 28, 2023, 1:19:59 PM1/28/23

> QUOTE: "At 6.08pm on Friday, January 20, police were called to reports of an assault on Common Lane, Culcheth." ENDS
>
> A 71 year old man has already admitted to getting into an "altercation" with a violent fairy-cyclist.

Vocabulary is not your long suit, is it?

JNugent

Jan 28, 2023, 1:21:11 PM1/28/23
If they're going to measure average speed, they'll need more than one
camera.

swldx...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 2:02:03 PM1/28/23
On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 5:21:36 PM UTC, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Seems to be a hotbed of crime - well it is near Liverpool.
Tom Bedworth
18 January 2023·1-min read
Warrington Road in Culcheth is set for a new speed camera after residents have complained of dangerous drivers <i>(Image: Newsquest)</i>
Warrington Road in Culcheth is set for a new speed camera after residents have complained of dangerous drivers (Image: Newsquest)

CULCHETH is set for a new average speed camera, after the Police and Crime Commissioner has committed to funding one.

A number of residents have complained about traffic on Warrington Road, with one resident going as far as to say she experienced three near misses in just two weeks.

While Cheshire Constabulary does not hold figures on 'near misses,' the police have confirmed that PCC John Dwyer has committed to funding a new average speed camera for Warrington Road.

This is due to the volume of residents that have come forward and raised their concerns with the constabulary.

Posting in a residents' group on social media, one person said: "In the past two weeks we have had three incidents at the traffic lights on Warrington Road.

READ MORE > Where you are most likely to get caught speeding in Warrington