Suspended HGV driver apologises for Facebook comment threatening to knock down "spandex-wearing fuckers"

swldx...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 9:26:52 AM9/13/21
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you and your members for any offence or fear I have caused by posting this aggressive and uncharacteristic post.

Secondly, I would like to assure everyone that despite what I said... I would NEVER intentionally harm a cyclist or any human being for that matter.

Writing this post was a stupid and thoughtless mistake and I never expected it to go this far. In reality I am a hard working, family man who was momentarily carried away by social media and took things too far.

Not only has this reflected badly on myself, my family and my company, but it has also caused offence to many around the cycling community and community as a whole so once again, I would like to apologise whole heartedly to anyone that has been affected by my actions.

Best wishes to you all

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-13-september-2021-286293#live-blog-item-27725