Cyclist 'kicked little girl to floor' on Christmas Day

Spike

Oct 5, 2022, 8:03:33 AM10/5/22

Cyclist who 'kicked little girl to floor' on Christmas Day 'refuses to
apologise'

Footage shows a road rage cyclist appear to deliberately knock over a child
that was blocking his way using his knee. The girl's dad claimed he
demanded an apology but he refused.

A cyclist who seemingly deliberately stuck out his knee to knock over a
child that was blocking his way "refused to apologise" when confronted by
her dad.

In the footage, recorded by dad by Patrick Mpasa on Christmas Day at a
nature Park in Belgium, a cyclist is coming down a path behind his wife and
daughter ringing a bicycle horn.

Instead of waiting for the infant to be pulled out of the way, he goes down
the side and seemingly deliberately puts his leg out, striking her in the
back and sending her flying onto the snow-covered ground.

Moments before he knocks her over, he shouts in warning: "Attention!"

Patrick, who managed to catch up with the man, said: "He explained what
happened and asked us to withdraw the complaint to police, but he showed no
remorse and did not apologise."

He decided to share the footage on social media asking if people agreed
that he was right to complain to the police.

Public prosecutors have confirmed they are aware of the video and are
looking into the incident.

The family believes if the man had accidentally knocked over the little
girl, he would have stopped to check that she was okay instead of just
speeding off.

<https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/cyclist-who-kicked-little-girl-23243631>

--
Spike

JNugent

Oct 5, 2022, 8:08:13 AM10/5/22
Sociopathic fairy-cyclists are not just for Christmas.

And unfortunately, not just for Belgium.

Mike Collins

Oct 7, 2022, 8:26:56 AM10/7/22
Why was the child not wearing a helmet?

Spike

Oct 7, 2022, 8:37:29 AM10/7/22
Perhaps she had a legal expectation of not being kicked to the ground by a
sociopathic cyclist thug?

🙄

--
Spike

Spike

Oct 7, 2022, 10:23:35 AM10/7/22
It is to be hoped that the little girl is not suffering any long-term
trauma from the assault by the thuggish cyclist.

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 7, 2022, 11:13:11 AM10/7/22
Please provide evidence that the helmetless child was "kicked to the ground".
If parents can reasonably expect their children to be "kicked to the ground by a sociopathic cyclist thug" whilst walking through the park then they should take reasonable precautions to protect their children by making them wear helmets.
Thanks for your support.

Spike

Oct 7, 2022, 11:40:04 AM10/7/22
Try looking at the photo in the link?

> If parents can reasonably expect their children to be "kicked to the
> ground by a sociopathic cyclist thug" whilst walking through the park
> then they should take reasonable precautions to protect their children by
> making them wear helmets.
> Thanks for your support.

One suspects that Belgium has a law against being assaulted. Therefore
there is no ‘reasonable expectation’ of such an event. ‘Big bloke on
bicycle decks toddler’ is not a reasonable expectation, except where you
live, apparently.

--
Spike

JNugent

Oct 7, 2022, 12:10:28 PM10/7/22
Did you miss that bit?

That's odd, because it's there to be read - by people who can read, at
least.

It says: "Instead of waiting for the infant to be pulled out of the way,
he [the offending fairy-cyclist] goes down the side and seemingly
deliberately puts his leg out, striking her in the back and sending her
flying onto the snow-covered ground".

So there you are.

Happy to oblige.

JNugent

Oct 7, 2022, 12:13:26 PM10/7/22
If it were HRH Prince Del Boy Mason who'd done it, he'd boast on here
about decking a little girl pedestrian with one kick and not even
breaking sweat to do it.

Mike Collins

Oct 7, 2022, 6:32:30 PM10/7/22
So the child was not "kicked to the ground".

JNugent

Oct 7, 2022, 6:49:04 PM10/7/22
> So the child was not "kicked to the ground"...

...is a wildly incorrect conclusion.

Don't make excuses for utter yobs on bikes.

Spike

Oct 8, 2022, 4:37:57 AM10/8/22
🎼🎸
He's as blind as he can be
Just sees what he wants to see
🎼🎸

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 8, 2022, 10:58:27 AM10/8/22
Feel free to post the part of the video where the cyclist's foot caused the child to fall to the ground.

Mike Collins

Oct 8, 2022, 10:59:16 AM10/8/22
Thank you for proving my point.

JNugent

Oct 8, 2022, 11:30:32 AM10/8/22
Stop trying to excuses for utter yobs on bikes (sorry about the tautology).

Mike Collins

Oct 8, 2022, 12:22:36 PM10/8/22
I am not excusing utter yobs on bikes, just asking for you to provide evidence to support your claim that a child was "kicked to the ground".

JNugent

Oct 8, 2022, 12:31:18 PM10/8/22
Yes, you are! Or at the very least, you are *trying* to!

> just asking for you to provide evidence to support your claim that a child was "kicked to the ground".

I have made no claims.

But you have.

*Stop* trying to excuses for utter yobs on bikes (sorry about the
tautology for a second time).

Mike Collins

Oct 8, 2022, 1:07:35 PM10/8/22
So you agree the child was not "kicked to the ground"

Spike

Oct 8, 2022, 2:54:35 PM10/8/22
The Daily Star used the term in its reporting.

Complain to them if you don’t like the term.

Either way the little girl was assaulted by the brute cyclist and wound up
lying in the snow.

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 8, 2022, 6:35:37 PM10/8/22
So you agree the child was not "kicked to the ground".
The video shows unlicenced, untested, untaxed breeders allowing their groin fruit to stray into the path of a moving vehicle. The victim had to shift his body to maintain balance and unfortunately his knee collided with an unhelmeted child.

Spike

Oct 9, 2022, 1:24:24 AM10/9/22
Unbelievable.

--
Spike

JNugent

Oct 9, 2022, 5:19:57 AM10/9/22
Gawd... you must be desperate.

JNugent

Oct 9, 2022, 5:20:55 AM10/9/22
Unfortunately so.

For Collins, fairy-cyclists can simply do no wrong.

Mike Collins

Oct 9, 2022, 5:57:33 AM10/9/22

Spike

Oct 9, 2022, 7:06:29 AM10/9/22
We all agree that ‘kicked to the ground’ was the claim made in the media
report.

If you don’t agree with that, then take your complaint to them.

Banging on about the actual manner of the brutal assault on a little girl
by a sociopathic cyclist won’t help the little girl. She was assaulted by
the cyclist, slam dunk.

HTH

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 9, 2022, 10:06:39 AM10/9/22
I am not the one who started this thread.

> If you don’t agree with that, then take your complaint to them.

So why did you start this thread with that title.

> Banging on about the actual manner of the brutal assault on a little girl
> by a sociopathic cyclist won’t help the little girl. She was assaulted by
> the cyclist, slam dunk.

That's your opinion and you have yet to back it up with facts.

JNugent

Oct 9, 2022, 11:15:07 AM10/9/22

>>> So you agree the child was not "kicked to the ground".

>> We all agree that ‘kicked to the ground’ was the claim made in the media
>> report.
>
> I am not the one who started this thread.
>
>> If you don’t agree with that, then take your complaint to them.
>
> So why did you start this thread with that title.

It is a quotation.

Competent speakers and readers of the English language recognise that
from the use of inverted commas around the quoted text.

But obviously, you didn't recognise that.

Mike Collins

Oct 9, 2022, 11:17:57 AM10/9/22
So you agree the child was not "kicked to the floor"

JNugent

Oct 9, 2022, 11:50:46 AM10/9/22
I certainly do not.

Those who were there say that she was kicked to the ground (by an amoral
fairy-cyclist, if you'll pardon the tautology).

Spike

Oct 9, 2022, 11:54:06 AM10/9/22
No-one said you did, so what point is it that you are failing to make? 🙄

>> If you don’t agree with that, then take your complaint to them.

> So why did you start this thread with that title.

Because it was an exact quote of the words they used 🙄

>> Banging on about the actual manner of the brutal assault on a little girl
>> by a sociopathic cyclist won’t help the little girl. She was assaulted by
>> the cyclist, slam dunk.

> That's your opinion and you have yet to back it up with facts.

If you don’t understand what is meant by the term ‘assault’, it is to be
suggested that you
be very circumspect concerning your interactions with other people.👊

--
Spike

Spike

Oct 9, 2022, 11:55:34 AM10/9/22
See the link posted upthread.

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 9, 2022, 2:20:12 PM10/9/22
So you agree the child was not "kicked to the floor".

Spike

Oct 9, 2022, 3:00:38 PM10/9/22
I see you are still struggling with the everyday concept of ‘original
source’ when applied to such written material.

It’s the technique that two of us are using throughout this thread, and it
has you floored, shown by your repetition of an irrelevant question and
despite your being pointed repeatedly to that source.

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 10, 2022, 11:09:54 AM10/10/22
Can you explain why you started this thread with that title knowing it had no basis in fact?
A cynic could think you were delighted to find a news story representing cyclists in a bad light.

JNugent

Oct 10, 2022, 11:31:16 AM10/10/22
That's your claim. It has... er... no basis in fact.

> A cynic could think you were delighted to find a news story representing cyclists in a bad light.

Cyclists?

How many were present?

There is only one mentioned in the news report.

Were you there as well?

Spike

Oct 10, 2022, 11:35:01 AM10/10/22
> Can you explain why you started this thread with that title knowing it
> had no basis in fact?

I already did explain, but you seem to have difficulty grasping the reasons
for quoting from the original source.

That way, there can be no doubt as to the provenance of the information.

> A cynic could think you were delighted to find a news story representing
> cyclists in a bad light.

The only one thinking such a thing would be one who couldn’t understand the
protocol.

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 10, 2022, 12:25:17 PM10/10/22
So your answer is 'no'.

> That way, there can be no doubt as to the provenance of the information.
> > A cynic could think you were delighted to find a news story representing
> > cyclists in a bad light.
> The only one thinking such a thing would be one who couldn’t understand the
> protocol.

Spike

Oct 10, 2022, 2:31:11 PM10/10/22
The only point you have proved is that you are a moron.

--
Spike

TMS320

Oct 11, 2022, 6:49:51 AM10/11/22
On 10/10/2022 16:09, Mike Collins wrote:

> Can you explain why you started this thread with that title knowing
> it had no basis in fact? A cynic could think you were delighted to
> find a news story representing cyclists in a bad light.

It doesn't take a cynic to realise it. A British rag having to go to
Belgium to find a story about a cyclist when every day they have a
choice of many tens of local stories about drivers mowing children down.

The knee was obviously a matter of keeping balance after misjudging the
gap and/or braking on the snow. The hard of thinking have clearly failed
to noticed that the complaint was that the cyclist did not apologise.

Spike

Oct 11, 2022, 9:26:16 AM10/11/22
Braking? A cyclist??

You’re having a larf.

--
Spike

Mike Collins

Oct 11, 2022, 12:08:27 PM10/11/22
W5

TMS320

Oct 11, 2022, 7:18:08 PM10/11/22
Then you clearly don't understand my reference to the "hard of thinking".

Spike

Oct 12, 2022, 4:16:35 AM10/12/22
As in the knee-jerk (interesting concatenation of the two words considering
the context) “Get out of the f*****g way, I’m not stopping“ so favoured by
the thuggish cyclist.

--
Spike

TMS320

Oct 14, 2022, 8:28:35 AM10/14/22
Eh?

JNugent

Oct 14, 2022, 11:16:50 AM10/14/22
It's OK.

You don't understand relatively-sophisticated English usage.

That's probably not your fault.

So don't worry too much about it.